NBA Teams who need new Uniforms

ror1997

I'm hoping the Bucks bring back the Irish rainbow, even if it's just an alt. It looks like the Horncats will go full teal, purple & pinstripes, so that should be all good.

I'd like to see the Clippers readopt the powder blue & burnt orange from the San Diego days - bringing the nautical flags back was a nice touch, but it's a shame about the sleeves.

Denver should make their alt the full time home, and add a matching road. Maybe add a couple more colours for the full rainbow effect.

I've always been a fan of the Kings bringing back the powder blue & subscript NOBs (no way the league'd allow it though). Anything would be better than their current set.

Mavs need a complete rebrand, I'd like to see the green come back - there can never be enough green unis.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see the Kings keep their current colors but ditch the font they use. I'd also like to see them take Sacramento off of the home uniforms it just looks cheap.

Yeah the Kings are in need of some help. Either bring back the Webber/Divac jerseys, or start anew. The purple and black is fine. The current logo is fine. But they need new uniforms.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm hoping the Bucks bring back the Irish rainbow, even if it's just an alt. It looks like the Horncats will go full teal, purple & pinstripes, so that should be all good.

I'd like to see the Clippers readopt the powder blue & burnt orange from the San Diego days - bringing the nautical flags back was a nice touch, but it's a shame about the sleeves.

Denver should make their alt the full time home, and add a matching road. Maybe add a couple more colours for the full rainbow effect.

I've always been a fan of the Kings bringing back the powder blue & subscript NOBs (no way the league'd allow it though). Anything would be better than their current set.

Mavs need a complete rebrand, I'd like to see the green come back - there can never be enough green unis.

I agree with everything! Great post sir.

Jaguars

Complete Change (color scheme, wordmarks, uniform design, etc.):

Bobcats (which is happening)

Mavs

Nuggets

Pacers

Thunder

Suns

Raptors

Jazz

Wizards

New Color Scheme Only:

Hawks (red/yellow/black)

Cavs (black/periwinkle/orange)

Warriors (navy/yellow/Golden Gate orange)

Rockets (red/yellow)

Clippers (powder blue/red-orange)

Grizzlies (teal/brown/red)

Bucks (purple/green)

Timberwolves (put green back in the uniforms, including the old tree-trimmed collars)

Pelicans (purple/yellow/green)

Wordmarks:

Celtics (city name on the road)

Nets (team name at home)

Bulls (city name on the road)

Rockets (city name on the road)

Lakers (city name on the road)

Bucks (city name on the road)

Knicks (team name at home)

Sixers (city name on the road)

Kings (team name at home, city name on the road)

Spurs (city name on the road)

Perfect As-Is:

Pistons

Heat

Blazers

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Those Nets throwbacks in black and white would be glorious. That a nice nod to the past while maintaining the look of the present.

Come to think of it...someone here did this already. That's probably why I saw that as possible. Genius, that person, whoever it was.

Those Nets throwbacks in black and white would be glorious. That a nice nod to the past while maintaining the look of the present.

Come to think of it...someone here did this already. That's probably why I saw that as possible. Genius, that person, whoever it was.

As a Net fan, I love the Black Uniforms, but our White ones could use an improvement, I would love to see these in White, as a Home Alternative

BrooklynNets_PropUNG0200a_SCC_SRGB.png

I like the Nets using black & white only. It's unique.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Hawks - Switch Navy & Silver with Yellow & Black

Celtics - Boston on the away

Nets - that concept posted earlier with a matching home jersey

Hornets - 2001/02 look w/ purple alt

Bulls - Chicago on away

Cavaliers - 1974-1981 uniforms

Mavericks - Switch Navy & Green

Nuggets - Make set based off of alternate, White home, Powder away, Yellow Alt.

Pistons - Bring back Teal

Warriors - Make the yellow alt. just a yellow version of the away

Rockets - Bring back the 1995-2003 uni's

Pacers - Pinstripes & the 90-96 font

Clippers - Rehaul the identity, colors of Navy Blue & Brown and have a ship theme

Lakers - Dropshadow!

Grizzlies - Bring back the unis from pre 2004

Heat - Dropshadow, but make the red uni numbers white with a black shadow

Bucks - Irish Rainbow ft. Purple

Timberwolves - Put Green in the place of black, and Black in the place of silver

Pelicans - Switch identities with Jazz

Knicks - Fine as is

Thunder - An Alternate that matches the rest of the uniforms

Magic- 89-94 look with the 94-98 blue jersey as an alternate

76ers - Put Phila on the Away & Alt

Suns - 92-99 look with orange alt instead of black

Trail Blazers - 91-02 look with red alt

Kings - Switch the home and away workmarks, make the Alt wordmark match the new away one

Spurs - Put the wordmark on the gray alternate

Raptors - 95-99 look with a black alternate

Jazz - Make a new identity, call them the Beehive, make the colors Yellow & Black

Wizards - Change name to Bullets, make a Blue alternate jersey

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

Also, in tomorrow nights preseason game against the Heat, I think the Nets will wear a Throwback jersey from the JKidd era (JKidds #5 is being retired) , or the throwback they wore in the finals with JKidd060413-sports-nba-all-time-finals-appear

As much I wanted (still want) to see KG in a NJ Nets jersey, I highly doubt Yormark will let us wear the jerseys from the Kidd era (except for the homes bc they only said Nets or the ABA throwbacks). However, I really hope we get an alternate that's like the ABA jerseys with the present color scheme and scripts/numbers. It would instantly be my favorite jersey in the nba.

I think if I were the Kings, I would like to see them go back to the basic royal blue and red jerseys. And become more unique by putting the players' names on the back on the jerseys BELOW the numbers like they did in Kansas City, and their first few years in Sacramento. If the WNBA, D-League, and even some D-I universities are allowed to do so, why can't the NBA? I really liked those uniforms, and those were set totally different than the normal jerseys every NBA team has now. Bring them back, with a more modern look.

3lf_display_image.jpg?1282708806

You get the idea.

Blah...(I was in phone).

What I meant to type: The reason why college teams, D-League teams, and the WNBA can do it is because they're much smaller, amateurish leagues, not one of the Big four.

You know what though, this is the same clown circuit that allows teams to have 600 alternate jerseys, is pushing for sleeved jerseys, is going to put nicknames in the place of NOBs, and is going to give in to putting ads on jerseys. So indeed, why not the NBA?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

T-Wolves - 1989-1996 look (plus a green alternate)

Trailblazers late 80's-early 90's uniforms (plus red alternate similar to their 80's Bowie era road uniform)

Lakers- the Showtime era plus white alternate

Clippers- Carolina Blue alternate (without sleaves) current set is ok.

Suns- either 1969-1992 look or 1992-2000 set with the black alternate

Warriors- Run TMC era plus a gold alternate

Kings 1990-1994 set including the Carolina Blue set from the 80's

Mavericks 1980-1992 look (Green as the road uniform)

Rockets - 1994-1995 Back to Back set

Knicks- Ewing era uniforms

Celtics- Alternate Away with "Boston" on it

Raptors- Inagural set

Nets- ABA White Alternate

Bulls- Jordan Era Pinstripes as Alternate

Pistons- Bad Boy era set plus the Red Alternate used from 1994-1996

Cavaliers- Late 80's early 90's set and the Orange 80's road unifrom

Pacers- 1989-1997 set

Bucks- 1985-1993 set plus a Red Alternate "Irish Rainbow"

Heat- 1988-1999 set (including the red alternate from 1995-1999)

Magic- 1989-1999 set (including the blue alternate)

Hawks - Dominique/Rivers/Spudd Webb set

Bullets/Wizards- 1989-1997 set plus a blue alternate

Bobcats-Hornets- The Original 1988-2002 set plus the purple alternate

Archived