Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

The Birmingham Barons are getting rid of the comic baron logo that they used for the last few years. It was used on their bp caps and on odd merchandise. This was told to me by an employee at the end of the year. By the end of the season they had already sold out of the bp caps with no plan to replace them.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/adh2mfb9hgye2khqzotvb26qn/Birmingham_Barons/2008/Cap_Logo

New Vermont Lake Monsters logo ... no word on hats or uniforms.

PrimaryLogo480x270_0sqao6zg_2gtonehw.jpg

The way the bottom side of the monster is submerged under the water reminds me of the AHL Lake Erie Monsters, except the design here is even more cartoony than Lake Erie's.

Anyway, I'm not really liking the way the S morphs into a mutated crocodile, but I will say that with a name like Lake Monsters, you really have no choice but to go cartoony or dark/creepy. I wish they chose creepy, even if it is minor league baseball.

The Lake Monsters white front cap is pretty sweet I think. Also all of this merchandise sells, and teams know when they hire Beandoise they get top work, so it keeps happening.

Also I think everyone hires them to piss y'all off.

I'm not a fan of white panels normally, but this one seems more forced than most.

The solid cap is pretty cool, really. I don't see the "ERMAHGERD THIS IS HORRIBLE!!!one!!111!!" on this... well, except for the white-front cap, because those are always terrible.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Lake Monsters white front cap is pretty sweet I think. Also all of this merchandise sells, and teams know when they hire Beandoise they get top work, so it keeps happening.

Also I think everyone hires them to piss y'all off.

I'm not a fan of white panels normally, but this one seems more forced than most.

They've been doing a white-paneled front cap since the Expos days, so I'd imagine that's something of a tradition at this point. I will say that this logo doesn't suit the white panel as much as the previous logos did, though.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

While not minor-league, the new Kenosha, Wisconsin-based franchise in the summer-collegiate Northwoods League has unveiled its name and logo.

kenosha-kingfish.jpg

Kingfish General Manager Jake McGhee said that the name was chosen in the wake of community members and focus groups telling the team that the "image of Kenosha was Lake Michigan". This being the case, McGhee went on to say, "We wanted a name that would connect with the lake, but also... ties in with both royal and nautical themes".

The team's colors have been designated Lake Michigan Blue, Vintage Cream, King's Gold, and Cardinals Red.

The logo was designed by Madison, Wisconsin-based Shine United. The firm was responsible for creating the logo of the Northwoods League's Madison Mallards franchise, which is owned and operated by the same group that controls the Kingfish, the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters, and the Green bay Bullfrogs.

pMLB2-16251964dt.jpg

Hands down, one of my top favorite hats I have. Sad to see it go. Like someone else said, never saw them play, but the hat was beautiful. I guess if the new stuff will sell merch for them, then great. But I, for one, would never want a team I like to rebrand their identity around the mascot, especially when it looks as drugged out as Champ does...

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000LzlUXPmdqEU/s/750/750/Mascot-Champ-5057.jpg

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Hands down, one of my top favorite hats I have. Sad to see it go. Like someone else said, never saw them play, but the hat was beautiful. I guess if the new stuff will sell merch for them, then great. But I, for one, would never want a team I like to rebrand their identity around the mascot, especially when it looks as drugged out as Champ does...

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000LzlUXPmdqEU/s/750/750/Mascot-Champ-5057.jpg

If it matters, I'm not sure Vermont ever wore the green hat, as great as it is. I think they only wore the blue hats on the field -- white panel at home, solid on the road, just like the new hats. And both blue hats had the less-good variation of the old logo, which had Champ emerging from a "V" of water that looked like Moses parting the seas.

(I think this is me trying to talk myself into the rebrand.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

While not minor-league, the new Kenosha, Wisconsin-based franchise in the summer-collegiate Northwoods League has unveiled its name and logo.

kenosha-kingfish.jpg

Kingfish General Manager Jake McGhee said that the name was chosen in the wake of community members and focus groups telling the team that the "image of Kenosha was Lake Michigan". This being the case, McGhee went on to say, "We wanted a name that would connect with the lake, but also... ties in with both royal and nautical themes".

The team's colors have been designated Lake Michigan Blue, Vintage Cream, King's Gold, and Cardinals Red.

The logo was designed by Madison, Wisconsin-based Shine United. The firm was responsible for creating the logo of the Northwoods League's Madison Mallards franchise, which is owned and operated by the same group that controls the Kingfish, the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters, and the Green bay Bullfrogs.

I :censored: ing love it. That's better than some AAA clubs.

The Kingfish logo is good for what it is...but here's one problem.

Both species called "kingfish" and native to the USA are SALTWATER fish (Atlantic Ocean, to be specific)...there is not a SINGLE kingfish in Lake Michigan (or ANY of the Great Lakes).

bYhYmxh.png