Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

34 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

sooo... how am i supposed to feel about a team changing their mascot/name to one that deals in illegal activities? 

. . . and, to a signficant degree, reinforces stereotypes about West Virginia . . . though on that point this seems to fall into the "group using stereotypical potentially derogatory term to describe itself" category.

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Rochester Red Wings throw back to 1879 as Hop Bitters

May 9, 2018 - 12:48 PM

Another minor league team unveiled a temporary, alcohol-based identity this week, but this one has quite a bit of history behind it. The Rochester Red Wings, Triple-A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins, will play a game as the Rochester Hop […]

Read More...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, slapshot said:

Remember when minor league teams kept the same name and uniforms throughout the season?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/114736-rochester-red-wings-throw-back-to-1879-as-hop-bitters/

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

As a Rochesterian who goes to many Rochester Red Wings games, I love this! It's a really neat way to honor the heritage of the early team names (there are more of these types of promotions to come), while putting a modern twist on it, uniform-wise. The team had great success with its "Rochester Plates" promotion that began last year (and has continued this year), and I'm sure this promotion will be very successful as well. I'll be at the "Hop Bitters" game!

The Chicago Dogs, as part of their "Wiener Wednesdays" promotion, will wear alternate "WIENERS" uniforms.

https://thechicagodogs.com/promotions/

People of Franklin, do not name your team after a walking fart.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 5/3/2018 at 10:58 AM, buzzcut said:

When, not if, War Pigs is chosen, I hope they use this when they introduce the starting lineup:

That would be the equivalent of so many celebratory uses of "Born in the USA", in that it would represent an ignoring of what the song actually says.

"War Pigs", like "Born in the USA", is an anti-war song.  Where "Born in the USA" is a lament over the toll that war takes on the people who are forced to fight in it, "War Pigs" expresses condemnation of the military leaders who are responsible for mass-scale carnage.

Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds

On 5/2/2018 at 11:48 AM, MBurmy said:

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

30 minutes ago, Brandonramon said:

29yvhd.jpg 

can someone tell me what team this is 

San Antonio Rampage- American Hockey League

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17