Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Credit where it's due - Brandiose got this one right, and did it well. That cherries-in-mitten logo is a must-have on a hat.

• Like 4
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I have to concur. Brandiose, exhibiting a bit of restraint, has crafted a logo package that easily establishes the Pit Spitters identity as the class of the Northwoods League. In fact, I'd have to say that it's a "Top Ten" logo package in all of collegiate summer baseball, and arguably also tops that list. To be honest, this work is better than the logos many minor-pro baseball teams are sporting... including some that Brandiose has designed.

• Like 1

My parents and brother all live in Traverse City...just sent a link to the story to my mom, who had no idea about the unveiling. And...even works at the State Theater where these were unveiled.

Apparently, she had yesterday off.

You all realize we have two threads for this???

Damn it, I was hoping for Black Pearls with a cool pirate theme.  The baseball mitt logo is cool, but otherwise meh.

I can't help but think Brandiose has a say in the team name.  Instead of "this is what the fans voted, design it", it seems like "hey, that's an option, we can do something fun with that".   The Black Pearls name got a lot of support it seems, it would be interesting to see the final vote.  

So the Fresno team is getting new branding soon, is that it then for baseball this year?

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

The Missoula Osprey of the Rookie Advanced level Pioneer League have announced that they will be rebranding in time for the team's 2020 season.

Missoula Osprey "Name-the-Team" Promotion

Previous baseball teams in the market were the Missoula Highlanders (Union Association, 1911-1913) and the Missoula Timberjacks (Pioneer League, 1956-1960). That said, I think I'd go with either the Missoula Cutthroats or the Missoula Smokejumpers.

New Northwoods League Team celebrates cherries, spitting

January 29, 2019 - 21:48 PM

The newest team in the collegiate summer Northwoods League accentuates northern Michigan’s association with tart cherries and baseball players’ propensity for expectorating. The Traverse City Pit Spitters, unveiled earlier today, feature a suite of cherry-themed logos from Brandios. The Pit […]

Read More...

• Like 1

One-word nicknames are still ok, MiLB....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Fresno Grizzlies unveil new look

January 30, 2019 - 03:32 AM

The Fresno Grizzlies are embarking on a new era as the Triple-A affiliate of the Washington Nationals, and with that, the team updated their logos today for the first time in a decade. Previous iterations of the Grizzlies’ brand dating […]

Read More...

• Like 2

The two flag logos look off to me.

The one with the bear in front of the flag has the bear logo over top of the flapping flag, which seems weird to me because it's not like it's a bear flag where the bear is part of the flag. I also think it looks like the star wouldn't be straight if the flag was unfolded, but that might be a minor thing.

Then the one with the bear holding the flag, the bear isn't grasping the flag, it's just placed between his paws. Then, unlike the first flag logo, the bear logo is part of the flag but it doesn't follow the flapping of the flag. The bear logo is placed on the flag like it's out flat, but the flag isn't flat.

• Like 2

IEI5Tg1.png