Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

On 3/27/2019 at 5:02 PM, AstroBull21 said:

Clearwater and the Phillies/Threshers did in 2015

Clearwater_30th_Color_z4d6rgub_i6b5n1wm.

That’s not “30 years affiliated with the Phillies”, it’s just plain old “30 years”.   Which in their case happens to be the same thing, but they’re not specifically referencing the affiliation.

Have the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers really been a thing for a quarter century already?

They were still the Appleton Foxes when my family moved to the area and I always thought that was a superior name. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NicDB said:

Have the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers really been a thing for a quarter century already?

They were still the Appleton Foxes when my family moved to the area and I always thought that was a superior name. 

So somewhat of a related, funny story that happened two summers ago. 

My family has tickets to the local summer collegiate team (I really should post the logos from that league in this thread, there's a lot of stinkers) with those seats being in the second row next to the visitors dugout, so the on-deck batter is right in front of us. I have a Timber Rattlers hat and I was wearing it at one of the games. The on-deck batter turns to us and starts asking me about my hat and why I had it.

Turns out, he's from Appleton.

He gets stranded on base and someone brings out his glove and hat so he stays out in the field but once that half of the inning is done, he comes back and starts talking to me about my hat and the Rattlers again.

So this American guy is playing a baseball game in a Western Canadian summer collegiate league and happens to run into someone wearing his local single-A minor league team. I like to think I blew his mind and he told this story to everyone from back home.

• Like 4

IbjBaeE.png

On 3/30/2019 at 5:47 PM, monkeypower said:

So somewhat of a related, funny story that happened two summers ago. 

My family has tickets to the local summer collegiate team (I really should post the logos from that league in this thread, there's a lot of stinkers) with those seats being in the second row next to the visitors dugout, so the on-deck batter is right in front of us. I have a Timber Rattlers hat and I was wearing it at one of the games. The on-deck batter turns to us and starts asking me about my hat and why I had it.

Turns out, he's from Appleton.

He gets stranded on base and someone brings out his glove and hat so he stays out in the field but once that half of the inning is done, he comes back and starts talking to me about my hat and the Rattlers again.

So this American guy is playing a baseball game in a Western Canadian summer collegiate league and happens to run into someone wearing his local single-A minor league team. I like to think I blew his mind and he told this story to everyone from back home.

Awesome story!  Even though I consider myself much more from Milwaukee, I think I would be more excited to see Timber Rattlers paraphernalia than Brewers in my travels simply because the odds are so much more rare.  And they're still more than likely Brewers fans who I can talk baseball to.

Omaha Potholes April Fools joke becomes reality

April 3, 2019 - 17:52 PM

When the Omaha Storm Chasers announced on Twitter earlier this week that they would they would play a game as the Omaha Potholes, it did not seem that farfetched an idea. It would hardly be the most outrageous temporary minor […]

Read More...

Kannapolis Intimidators throwing back to Piedmont Boll Weevils

April 5, 2019 - 22:45 PM

From 1996 to 2000, the franchise that currently plays as the Kannapolis Intimidators was called the Piedmont Boll Weevils. Piedmont is the name of the region in which Kannapolis is located, and boll weevils are bugs that eat cotton plants—serious […]

Read More...

Jumbo Shrimp, Shuckers, Blue Wahoos to play Seafood Buffet Series

April 10, 2019 - 23:29 PM

It’s not by accident that three minor league baseball teams in the Double-A Southern League have seafood-themed team names. The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp play on Florida’s Atlantic Coast, while the Pensacola Blue Wahoos and Biloxi Shuckers are situated on the […]

Read More...

• Like 1

Muy interesante...

(Suddenly I'm craving some skrimp.)

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Connecticut Tigers are looking for a new name

April 11, 2019 - 16:34 PM

There are 160 affiliated Minor League Baseball teams, and as of right now, 136 of them have unique, locally appropriate nicknames, which is the fun and morally correct thing to do. The other 24 are named for their parent clubs, […]

Read More...