BigMac12

Minor-League, Indy & Summer Collegiate Baseball Logo / Uni Changes

These are actually pretty awesome. Looks like the date of the games is around Easter. Perfect color scheme for the spring. Love the argyle sleeves. This is what's great about minor league ball.

Jumbo Shrimp to fight crime in style on Vice Night

March 7, 2019 - 23:33 PM

The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp, Double-A affiliate of the Miami Marlins, will play a game dressed as inimitable and iconic Crockett and Tubbs (well, more Crockett than Tubbs). In a promotional schedule that includes such gems as World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail […]

Read More...

I like the Vice look, but I don't like the cap logo since it's based off of their flawed alternate logo. That logo has the shrimp facing in the opposite direction, so then it no longer makes a J. I'm not a fan of the backwards J.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

You've got a shrimp humping the state of Florida... what more do you want?

Fingering Jacksonville, no less.

I see these are being worn twice. Will the pink cap be worn as well or is it just a fashion, additional money grab?

The Futures Collegiate Baseball League expansion franchise that has been granted to Westfield, Massachusetts has unveiled its identity. The team will be known as the Westfield Starfires.

The name is a nod to the fact that Barnes Air National Guard Base - located at Westfield's Barnes Municipal Airport - is home to the 104th Fighter Wing of the Massachusetts Air National Guard. From 1954 to 1957, members of the unit flew Lockheed F-94A jet aircraft, the first operational U.S. Air Force fighters to be equipped with afterburners, and precursor to the F-94C Starfire variant.

Kz7xXaTl.png

The Futures Collegiate Baseball League expansion franchise that has been granted to Westfield, Massachusetts has unveiled its identity. The team will be known as the Westfield Starfires.

The name is a nod to the fact that Barnes Air National Guard Base - located at Westfield's Barnes Municipal Airport - is home to the 104th Fighter Wing of the Massachusetts Air National Guard. From 1954 to 1957, members of the unit flew Lockheed F-94A jet aircraft, the first operational U.S. Air Force fighters to be equipped with afterburners, and precursor to the F-94C Starfire variant.

Kz7xXaTl.png

26 minutes ago, hormone said:

I see these are being worn twice. Will the pink cap be worn as well or is it just a fashion, additional money grab?

Isn't it ALL a money grab? 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

Kz7xXaTl.png

😍 love it!

It is the shiny.

That wordmark is going to look hideous on its own.  Hope they have a version without the ludicrous perspective. 

This is what frustrates me.  Teams are willing to wear these colors as a promo or special uni but no team has these as their primary colors. 

18 hours ago, kimball said:

Isn't it ALL a money grab? 🤷‍♂️

Don’t disagree, but I collect MiLB hats, but limit my collection to field worn. That’s why I ask.