BigMac12

Minor-League, Indy & Summer Collegiate Baseball Logo / Uni Changes

13 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

Given the current stability of the Eastern League and its franchises, the chances of Pawtucket landing a Double A franchise are slim to none. It's far more likely that a New York-Penn League team would be targeted for McCoy Stadium. The Batavia Muckdogs are league-owned and the NY-PL would love to unload the franchise. The Auburn Doubledays are municipally-owned, but the City of Auburn has been shopping the team since 2016.

I hope that's what happens.  McCoy Stadium is one of America's great minor league parks.  It'd be a shame if it had to be abandoned altogether.

The Red Wings became the Red Wings in 1929, but professional baseball in Rochester spans all the way back to 1877! Beginning last season with the Hop Bitters, the Wings are paying homage to those clubs who called Rochester their home.

On Saturday, May 25, the Rochester Hustlers will take the field for the first time since 1918! The Hustlers were Rochester's pro team from 1909-1918 playing in the Eastern and International Leagues. While Hustlers night will be a celebration of early 20th century baseball, the uniforms will put a modern spin on the over 100 year old nickname.

"Hop Biters" would fit in with the food-themed events we've seen this year.

I do like the name, but the logos are a bit dark.  Wonder how they'll read on the diamond.

D5-d5XgXkAEqOUt.jpg

I wish they would make these look like actual throwbacks. It all looks the same nowadays with brandiose.

Daytona Tortugas commemorate 15 years since Napoleon Dynamite

May 10, 2019 - 21:16 PM

The Daytona Tortugas have already paid homage to The Hangover this season, and tonight they’re commemorating another modern classic. Fifteen years after we were graced with the quirky but lovable Napoleon Dynamite, the Tortugas will wear “Vote for Shelldon” uniforms, […]

Read More...

I don't know if I should start a new thread or just leave this here, but minor league baseball, even with all the nonsense that goes on anymore, has some really good looks, that I feel like aren't appreciative enough. Just a few from the South Atlantic League, (class A)

Augusta Greenjackets

Spoiler

spacer.png

Greenville Drive:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Lexington Legends:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Hagerstown Suns:

Spoiler

spacer.png

The SAL aren't the only ones though, like theres a lot of good looks. Some are better than some MLB teams. 

Louisville Bats (International League triple A):

Spoiler

spacer.png

Gwinnett Stripers (International League triple A)

Spoiler

spacer.png

Also, the Bowie Baysox (Eastern League double A)

Spoiler

spacer.png

Are there anymore you can think of? 

I love the Fireflies yellow jerseys, but hate their wordmark.  It was fine at first, but now feels too "stiff".

PawSox to wear sign language uniforms on Deaf Culture Day

May 12, 2019 - 18:49 PM

Earlier this season, the Rochester Red Wings hosted the Pawtucket Red Sox for Deaf Culture Day April 28. As part of the game’s commemoration of the deaf community, Rochester wore uniforms with illustrations of hands forming letters in American Sign […]

Read More...

Posted (edited)

I guess it’s not as bad as the orioles Braille uniforms

Edited by dont care
Also are they now officially the pawsox? That use to be just a nickname but they were always the Pawtucket Red Sox until now.

They know deaf people can still read, right?

20 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

PawSox to wear sign language uniforms on Deaf Culture Day

May 12, 2019 - 18:49 PM

Earlier this season, the Rochester Red Wings hosted the Pawtucket Red Sox for Deaf Culture Day April 28. As part of the game’s commemoration of the deaf community, Rochester wore uniforms with illustrations of hands forming letters in American Sign […]

Read More...

why when i see that i think of the Three Stooges.

Salt Lake Bees to commemorate Transcontinental Railroad

May 14, 2019 - 14:17 PM

From 1863 to 1869, three private companies built 1,912 miles of continuous rail, creating the First Transcontinental Railroad across the United States. While the Central Pacific Railroad Company started in Sacramento and started working eastward (continuing track that the Western […]

Read More...

Expedition League introduces Rapid City Jackalopes

May 15, 2019 - 16:03 PM

Baseball’s collegiate summer Expedition League, which is playing its second season right now, has announced plans to expand in 2020. The league will welcome Rapid City Jackalopes, named for a mythical creature whose origins go back to 13th-century reports of […]

Read More...

Flats for life! But I don't think it's a great likeness. Other than that, it's a solid look. The wet wipe shoulder patch is amazing.

spacer.png

The gradient... gross. The expression in confusing, the mouth seems aggressive while the eye is worried. I mean I was right here in state and could've developed something so many times better (likely for a better price too).

Mahoning Valley Scrappers are going to be playing as the Peppers in Oil for a game this season in the NYPL

Yea, that....is not good.  

I still want a team called the Donuts.  White or brown hats with rainbow sprinkles.