BigMac12

Minor-League, Indy & Summer Collegiate Baseball Logo / Uni Changes

That River Hog logo looks like a 90's Saturday morning villain, and not in a good way. 

On 8/8/2019 at 1:05 PM, DustDevil61 said:

It looks like the finalist names of the soon-to-be-former New Orleans Baby Cakes (sorry for the fans, but not for the name) are slowly being revealed. First up, the Wichita River Riders:

I think I speak for the forum when I say that I’m glad they’re not going with Brandiose.

River Riders isn't terrible, but it's becoming a pet peeve of mine when "River" is affixed to names that would otherwise do fine on their own. 

I can tolerate it for teams that play on the Mississippi River since that's far and away America's most famous river. But pretty much all cities are on some kind of river. How is that supposed to make you unique?

A few friends of mine keep talking about the Batavia Muckdogs (Marlins short-a) and the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs (Independent) supposedly swapping locations. A quick google search had the rumored move to take place back in 2017, but no recent news. Is this still a thing?

News for the Frontier League: River City Rascals will cease operations and the end of the season. This is not good for the FL. They've combined their All Star Game with the Cam-Am league and now there will only be 9 teams for 2020 season, unless another team leaves or the league folds.