Small Details (and quirks) that You Love

OnWis97

The A-Flames' logo is an all-time great. Anything that keeps it in the limelight is something I support wholeheartedly.

A detail I fell in love with was Nike's "Don't Tread On Me" branding for USMNT. The rattlesnake on the sleeve of the 2006 red jersey made it an instant must-buy for me.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll probably catch heat for this but I really like the gold tags on the back of the NBA jerseys now that show the number of championships each franchise has:

gold-jersey-patch.png?w=625&h=300

How do I pronounce that name?

(close enough)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw this picture and was reminded of a small detail that I really like with the Blackhawks white uniforms.

blues-blackhawks-tri-e1427979096553_zpsq

The stripe on the pants matches the inner three stripes on the sleeves, hem, and socks. When a player crotches for a faceoff like Toews the stripes line up. It's very cool. I wish their football playing brothers would do the same thing on their blue pants.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I love that consistency on the Blackhawks' white too. While the home red is the nicer jersey, the away look is the best complete uniform. I'm also a big fan of the Lightning's victory stripes under the arms. They definitely need to bring them back.

479299985_slide.jpg

x1hlmovt2m0mgs7ghwzgu6lht.png

I absolutely love the ribbon script at the top of the logo and the stars at the bottom of the logo. That truly makes it a patriotic logo...

(BTW they should've never moved away from this logo)

I absolutely love the ribbon script at the top of the logo and the stars at the bottom of the logo. That truly makes it a patriotic logo...

they should have, but not to what they changed to. the gold looks TERRIBLE in my opinion, though I do agree with what you said.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I know everyone hates the Nets' look, but I love the herringbone pattern on the side stripes.

nets-side-stripe.jpg

Ironically I came into this thread to post about the Nets old side piping from NJ with the Net pattern going down the side. The 2nd version of the gray and the blue away were my favorite jerseys of all time.

GO NETS.

they should have, but not to what they changed to. the gold looks TERRIBLE in my opinion, though I do agree with what you said.

Don't get me wrong about the gold; I hated it as well. However, I loved the design of the logo by itself. If they could've removed the drop shadow and used a different color for the border outline, I would've been fine with that.

Meanwhile, I wish they would've not only kept the gold, but used a brighter shade of it. It seems just about every navy/blue-&-red team that does use additional trim color opts for silver (Anaheim Angels, Texas Rangers, Cleveland Indians, New York Rangers just to name a few). I thought the gold was a nice way for the Nationals to set themselves apart in that realm.

And, not to mention, since we're discussing the Nationals, U.S. flags used for official purposes have long been adorned with gold fringes as a means of "official enrichment", as so:

719_INDOOR_AMERICAN_FLAG_SET_AND_INDOOR_

So to me at least, it also made sense that way.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Meanwhile, I wish they would've not only kept the gold, but used a brighter shade of it. It seems just about every navy/blue-&-red team that does use additional trim color opts for silver (Anaheim Angels, Texas Rangers, Cleveland Indians, New York Rangers just to name a few). I thought the gold was a nice way for the Nationals to set themselves apart in that realm.

And, not to mention, since we're discussing the Nationals, U.S. flags used for official purposes have long been adorned with gold fringes as a means of "official enrichment", as so:

719_INDOOR_AMERICAN_FLAG_SET_AND_INDOOR_

So to me at least, it also made sense that way.

No, the yellow fringe means that you're under the control of an unlawful military court and they're going to give you to the aliens for them to experiment in you. [/tinfoilhat]

• 1 month later...

One of the small details on the Australian Test cricket uniform that is one of the most meaningful and important is the player's number below the left breast badge, as seen on the shirt of Mitchell Johnson:

578674-78573974-f773-11e3-bc1b-0a3be47ed

Number "398" means that he was the 398th player to represent Australia in Test Match cricket since Australia played their inaugral Test Match against England in March 1877. The latest and 441st player is Joe Burns, who made his debut against India in the 2014-15 season.

• 5 months later...

This is a photo of the 1973/74 FC Nantes Ligue 1 squad. The fascinating detail is the red, white and blue piping at the end of the sleeves, which doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the uniform. The previous season (1972/73) Nantes had won the Ligue 1 title, so maybe the tricolour piping was worn by them to signifying that they were the current French champions?

nanates+74.JPG

This is a photo of the 1973/74 FC Nantes Ligue 1 squad. The fascinating detail is the red, white and blue piping at the end of the sleeves, which doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the uniform. The previous season (1972/73) Nantes had won the Ligue 1 title, so maybe the tricolour piping was worn by them to signifying that they were the current French champions?

nanates+74.JPG

I believe this was kind of a common thing in France. Saint-Etienne also did this alot during their succesful years.

Saint-Etienne_Bereta-Curkovic-Piazza.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

The different color numbers on the sleeves of the Vick-era Virginia Tech uniforms are probably my favorite uniform quirk of all-time:

Vick-vatech.jpg

That uniform as a whole is one of my favorite college sets ever as well.

One of my favorite VT sets was the one prior to ^^, with the helmet stripes and white facemask. But it still had the sleeve numbers with the alternate color.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived