Miami Heat Redesign uniforms

BrentW

If you were trying to go retro look with it, you should do a rather large "ball on fire" logo on the red one with it swooping down towards the bottom corner from over the opposite top corner.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

I've been for a retro update kind of overhaul for the unis. You came close to what I'd do (hell no to bringing back dropshadows), but here are some things I'd like to see on it:

- Piping down both sides

- Going back to red lettering + white trim for the black jerseys, and black lettering + white trim for the reds. That's one of the reasons those throwbacks look so nice. I know this resembles Bulls/Raptors and some Trailblazers jerseys, but it's just the better look, and the inclusion of yellow sets them apart.

- Going back to straight up and down numbers. The Heat are the last remaining team of the slanted-number era, and though it's fitting with the brand and nice that it sets them apart, I don't love the look.

- I've wanted to see orange reintroduced into the color scheme, maybe only for the home or black jersey (with yellow maybe being ommitted), while continuing to use red/black/yellow for the red alt. If they did go white/red/orange at home, though, they'd maybe have to change the yellow key. White/red/orange might look kinda muddy, however, depending on the design. Might be a better idea on paper than in execution (orange re-introduction).

But yeah, another change I'd make with these is continuing to use yellow trim, maybe even more than is on the current sets.

- Another element of the first set that I'd like to see re-introduced in a new set would be trim around the NOB. I'd like the names to match the numbers in color/border.

- Lastly, I prefer the flame ball logo on the left leg, with or without the 'MIAMI' on the right.

I like where you're going though. I've been wanting to take a stab at a concept for the Heat, but I have no idea how to get started.

Looks good, but I think the uniform numbers on the front of each jersey would look better if they were centered (and enlarged if you prefer). Also, on the black and red shorts, it would be cool to see the word HEAT instead of MIAMI. (HEAT in black letters with white outlines on the red shorts.)

Other changes I've made:
* Lowered the word MIAMI on both black and red jerseys

* Added NBA Logoman to red jersey

* Fixed color on NBA Logoman on red shorts

3gdi.jpg

• 4 months later...

I've been for a retro update kind of overhaul for the unis. You came close to what I'd do (hell no to bringing back dropshadows), but here are some things I'd like to see on it:

- Piping down both sides

- Going back to red lettering + white trim for the black jerseys, and black lettering + white trim for the reds. That's one of the reasons those throwbacks look so nice. I know this resembles Bulls/Raptors and some Trailblazers jerseys, but it's just the better look, and the inclusion of yellow sets them apart.

- Going back to straight up and down numbers. The Heat are the last remaining team of the slanted-number era, and though it's fitting with the brand and nice that it sets them apart, I don't love the look.

- Another element of the first set that I'd like to see re-introduced in a new set would be trim around the NOB. I'd like the names to match the numbers in color/border.

- Lastly, I prefer the flame ball logo on the left leg, with or without the 'MIAMI' on the right.

TweakedHeathomeFINAL_zpsbbb96f25.jpgTweakedHeatawayFINAL_zps353de1e4.jpgTweakedHeatalternateFINAL_zps5d015ae7.jp

- I've wanted to see orange reintroduced into the color scheme, maybe only for the home or black jersey (with yellow maybe being ommitted), while continuing to use red/black/yellow for the red alt. If they did go white/red/orange at home, though, they'd maybe have to change the yellow key. White/red/orange might look kinda muddy, however, depending on the design. Might be a better idea on paper than in execution (orange re-introduction).

But yeah, another change I'd make with these is continuing to use yellow trim, maybe even more than is on the current sets.

heato.jpg

Archived