KHL by JCR

JCRGraphix

I had a lot of fun doing the NHL in the new Nike template, so I decided I'd do the KHL next. I hate all of the ridiculous ads all over the jerseys, so I decided to go no ads, NHL style.

Up first is Admiral Vladivostok, an expansion team for the 2013-14 season. I made this one naval themed with the sleeve pattern matching the Russian Navy insignia for Admiral.

AdmiralVladivostok.png

1.) I really like how you take the numbers off the shoulders like the actual NIKE jerseys. I think it looks weird.

2.) I always love double blue color schemes so it's hard to mess that up (you didn't)

3.) Everything looks really nice/clean, but my one complaint would be on the white jersey. I would like to see more of the lighter blue. I was thinking inside the dark blue stripes, maybe the middle star, and maybe the collar color. I know that seems like a lot, but I love my double blue haha. Regardless if those changes aren't made this is a nice set. I'll give it a 8.7/10 Unfortunately NIKE would probably disagree with such a 'hideous' jersey design. *sarcasm*

1.) I really like how you take the numbers off the shoulders like the actual NIKE jerseys. I think it looks weird.

2.) I always love double blue color schemes so it's hard to mess that up (you didn't)

3.) Everything looks really nice/clean, but my one complaint would be on the white jersey. I would like to see more of the lighter blue. I was thinking inside the dark blue stripes, maybe the middle star, and maybe the collar color. I know that seems like a lot, but I love my double blue haha. Regardless if those changes aren't made this is a nice set. I'll give it a 8.7/10 Unfortunately NIKE would probably disagree with such a 'hideous' jersey design. *sarcasm*

Thanks for the great feedback! I'm a huge fan of double blue too. Nike does have a bad reputation for ridiculous design things...

Up next is Ak Bars Kazan. The logo is a snow leopard with two whiskers (one for each Gagarin cup). The design of the uniform is based on their current uniforms, that I would like without all of the ads!

AkBarsKazan.png

Not a fan of the double blue for Admiral. There's already enough double blue in the KHL, with Barys, Neftekhimik, and Minsk all wearing it.

Then again, it is better than just their old navy and white. That's even more overdone.

Admiral was going to use an orange and black colour scheme until right before the season started; that would have been bold and unique. How do you think that would look?

Not a fan of the double blue for Admiral. There's already enough double blue in the KHL, with Barys, Neftekhimik, and Minsk all wearing it.

Then again, it is better than just their old navy and white. That's even more overdone.

Admiral was going to use an orange and black colour scheme until right before the season started; that would have been bold and unique. How do you think that would look?

As well as that, teams like Dynamo Moscow use blue-white.

I agree, orange and black would look sick in the KHL.

I also like the new logo that you made for Kazan. Nice job!

Thanks and welcome! I'll do some more, but I've been busy at work, and I'm currently enjoying my couch and a beer. More coming probably tomorrow.

Archived