Creamer Outlet Mall

derschwigg

Hey guys! Out of curiosity, does anyone else have an outlet to monetize their designs? There's Threadless, RedBubble, Etsy, Cafepress, and I'm sure dozens of others. I thought it'd be fun to have a Creamer Outlet Mall (read "link dump to designers' stores/ventures).

I'm on Redbubble, and also do freelance work on graphic/web design.

Where's everyone else?

Hey guys! Out of curiosity, does anyone else have an outlet to monetize their designs? There's Threadless, RedBubble, Etsy, Cafepress, and I'm sure dozens of others. I thought it'd be fun to have a Creamer Outlet Mall (read "link dump to designers' stores/ventures).

I'm on Redbubble, and also do freelance work on graphic/web design.

Where's everyone else?

those Blackhawks shirts are a thing of beauty. I'm thinking about starting something like this now. This is really cool

AmPJ0Ty.png 

those Blackhawks shirts are a thing of beauty. I'm thinking about starting something like this now. This is really cool

Thanks! Setting one up is really easy through RedBubble, but I can't imagine BigCartel or Society6 would be any more difficult. It's just a fun, easy way to monetize doing stuff we'd probably be doing anyway!

Don't you have a copyright issue on that Wacha shirt?

No logos, no issues. There's WAY worse (possible) infractions out there - for example, Winter Artwork's excellent Dexter piece. http://www.redbubble.com/people/winterartwork/works/4925485-mr-morgans-laboratory?c=97588-t-shirts

No logos, no issues.

Please explain. It appears to me that you are utilizing a copyrighted/trademarked character without approval.

There's WAY worse (possible) infractions out there - for example, Winter Artwork's excellent Dexter piece. http://www.redbubble.com/people/winterartwork/works/4925485-mr-morgans-laboratory?c=97588-t-shirts

Point at worse offenders is irrelevant.

No logos, no issues.

Please explain. It appears to me that you are utilizing a copyrighted/trademarked character without approval.

I am not making any seditious or libelous statements using the image, and am not declaring one outright. The lack of logos is so one can't misconstrue the work as a form of advertisement. I also am not claiming that this is licensed material. In this case, the work is parody, and is defended as such.

Probably not, I mean its the 2nd image of Fozzie Bear on a google image search just holding a baseball…but you won't have any issues cause you'll fly under the radar.

I bet if you got a C&D letter from Disney (who owns most of the Muppet characters now) you'd change your tune because parody is a tricky argument and usually is restricted to works of art or protest, not merchandise. Plus to claim parody you have to be making a commentary on the previous work in the new work. You aren't making any statements or commentary about Fozzie Bear (i.e. making fun of him or making a statement, political or otherwise, about the Muppets), you're using that image to sell a Michael Wacha tee, without his permission mind you.

Personally I'm fine with it and it's all in good fun. Hell I'd buy one as a Cardinals fan and I've always liked the "unlicensed" screen printers in each city that sell shirts the teams would never approve. But don't pretend it isn't infringing on the copyright of Fozzie Bear and the likeness of Michael Wacha (number, colors, baseball).

it's all in good fun.

This. It's like Calvin pissing on the Chevy logo, except this shows no mal-intent towards anyone/thing. Legally, I think that's called a "precedent."

Good luck with that.

Like pcdg stated, you'll fly under the radar.

But I'm not real thrilled to see someone coming on a design thread and using a design that infringes upon the intellectual property of another.

Archived