NBA Draft

Brass

Well Orlando takes Dwight Howard. He seems like a good kid, but too see Huskies back-to-back overall picks. This is great.

My Christmas List:

Charlotte BobCats Emeka Okafor Jersey

Chicago Bulls Ben Gordon Jersey

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

WOOT! Emeka's a Bobcat! :D If these Bobcat jerseys look half decent, I'm most certainly getting one. Excellent! I can't believe that the Magic didn't take him. I was sitting there with a mouth full of nachos, jaw gaping, and then trying to yell "YES WE GET EMEKA" and only succeeding in spraying down my coffee table with nacho crumbs.

Anyway, YAY! I'm happy to be a Bobcat fan right now. :D

Hmmm...Emeka Taken Sekand? (I'm so cool!)

Anyway... I'm a sucker for expansion teams (Wild, Texans) so naturally I've taken an interest in the Bobcats. The fact that they picked up Emeka (of whom I'm a big fan) just makes it that much better. Woohoo! Thank the Magic for being the second team in as many years to take a high schooler number one!

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Well I'm shocked... I was fully expecting Emeka to be the #1 pick, but instead they went with Atlanta's own Dwight Howard... Idk if this was a good idea for Orlando to gamble on Howard as the #1 pick. He ain't no Lebron, that's for sure... O well, we'll see what they do with it...

As for the Bobcats, I'm gettin an Emaka Okafor jersey pending if it looks good :P

EDIT: HEY I FORGOT, POST #100 :woot: lol

i'm still shocked that Orlando made the decision they did. No wonder the Mac Million is practically sprinting outta town. the trade for Jameer halfway makes up for it, but it looks like the Magic wanna rebuild rather than get back up now. how do you pass up the best player on the National Champ for some boy (yeah, he's from Atlanta but still) who ain't proved plop? :blink:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i'm still shocked that Orlando made the decision they did. No wonder the Mac Million is practically sprinting outta town. the trade for Jameer halfway makes up for it, but it looks like the Magic wanna rebuild rather than get back up now. how do you pass up the best player on the National Champ for some boy (yeah, he's from Atlanta but still) who ain't proved plop? :blink:

I'm not. Remember, Oak had back troubles this past season. They're cleared up now and Oak's 100%, but I don't blame Orlando one bit for being hesitant to draft him, what with all the injury problems they had with Grant Hill.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I'm not. Remember, Oak had back troubles this past season. They're cleared up now and Oak's 100%, but I don't blame Orlando one bit for being hesitant to draft him, what with all the injury problems they had with Grant Hill.

Took the words out of my mouth Ryan

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Did the guys in the Orlando draft room fall asleep and accidentally hit the Howard button??? Oak's proven himself at a high leevl of competition, playing the best big men college had to offer and they select a high schooler hasn't proven anything to anyone??? I hate high schoolers coming in, but this kid needs major attention if he's ever going to develop.

Remember this 3 or 4 years down the road - Orlando will forever be known as the team that passed up on Omeka.

As both a Raptors' fan and Bulls' fan, I'm thrilled.

The Raptors have put themselves in a position to be a threat if they let the current team develop a couple of years: Jalen Rose teaching Milt Palacio how to run the point, Mo-Pete bombing triples from the 2-spot, a healthy Vince (a contradiction in terms? hopefully not for the next couple of years) running at small forward, Chris Bosh playing the power forward, and Araujo banging in the post (something they desperately missed this year).

The Bulls basically looted the draft. Luol Deng AND Ben Gordon AND Chris Duhon?

Read their lineup:

You have Scottie Pippen, Antonio Davis, Jerome Williams, and Kendall Gill showing Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, Ronald Dupree, Kirk Hinrich, Chris Jefferies, Deng, Gordon, and Duhon the ropes. That's scary.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I can't believe how many of you are "bandwagoneers". I'm sick all of this Bobcats following crap.

On a side note, I just got back from the Utah Jazz 100 Club Post Draft Party and I have to say that I'm really impressed by Kris Humphries. He's very well spoken and he seems like a really good kid. Didn't get to meet Kirk Snyder because he was still in route to Salt Lake City. Got my free new Utah Jazz t-shirt and baseball cap though.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I can't believe how many of you are "bandwagoneers".  I'm sick all of this Bobcats following crap.

how else are they supposed to get fans? They are a new team, they hafta have new fans.

It's called Charlotte locals or old Hornets fans. I can understand why the old Hornets fans would change teams in this case but I still don't understand why you would jump on a bandwagon simply because of a logo or jersey design. :therock:

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I can't believe how many of you are "bandwagoneers". I'm sick all of this Bobcats following crap.

how else are they supposed to get fans? They are a new team, they hafta have new fans.

It's called Charlotte locals or old Hornets fans. I can understand why the old Hornets fans would change teams in this case but I still don't understand why you would jump on a bandwagon simply because of a logo or jersey design. :therock:

It's actually kinda fun to follow an expansion team from nothing to a contender. I adopted the Sens as my second favourite team when they were hatched. That's an interesting ride....

In this case, it's most certainly NOT because of a logo or jersey design... the logo's terrible, and the jersey hasn't been released yet. It's the David phenomenon, and Charlotte as an expansion team will most certainly be an underdog, with their David-esque hero Emeka Okafor.

Orlando also had a terrific draft IMO. In Howard and Nelson, they have a nucleus around which they could begin to build the post-T-Mac era.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

you cant honselty tell me Bobcats fans are limited to locals and old Hornets fans.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived