The Browns get Nikified

Midway

Pretty much my attempt at a guess of what Nike could do with the Browns for their redesign.

When I think of them the word mediocrity comes to mind and their uniforms reflect that no less. So I figured their attachment to tradition could stand to loosen up just a bit. My aim here was for the whole design to say bold, as in big to give them some sense of visual identity. So I took a cue from Ohio State in the massive helmet stripe that is now solid brown, and decided to bring back the white facemasks and orange pants as primaries for home and away (with white alternate pants).

With a few other elements mixed in the set offers something new for the fans to see and doesn't stray too much from the old school mantra.

ClevelandBrowns_zpsccc50949.png

The verdict is still out on the number font and sleeve stripes so I'm open to suggestions there as well as considering other details.

Midway.png

Pretty much my attempt at a guess of what Nike could do with the Browns for their redesign.

When I think of them the word mediocrity comes to mind and their uniforms reflect that no less. So I figured their attachment to tradition could stand to loosen up just a bit. My aim here was for the whole design to say bold, as in big to give them some sense of visual identity. So I took a cue from Ohio State in the massive helmet stripe that is now solid brown, and decided to bring back the white facemasks and orange pants as primaries for home and away (with white alternate pants).

With a few other elements mixed in the set offers something new for the fans to see and doesn't stray too much from the old school mantra.

The verdict is still out on the number font and sleeve stripes so I'm open to suggestions there as well as considering other details.

I love the uniforms and the number on the back of the helmet. Very nice mix of old school and modern.

Not a fan of the stripe on the helmet however.

sig.png

I love the uniforms and the number on the back of the helmet. Very nice mix of old school and modern.

Not a fan of the stripe on the helmet however.

I would have to disagree. I love the stripe. I've always hated that they were the browns but the helmet was orange. This makes it better to me.

I'm with HVF on the helmet, I would add a white stripe to keep the essence of the helmet, which is their primary identifying mark, but add a modern touch. The font is too thin for me. Everything else on the uniform is bigger and more substantial and then you have the skinny font. I would go with a heavy block font. This is definitely a good start.

I dig it, particularly the Away version. The Browns are one of a couple teams that can be difficult to get something that looks good without going so over the top that you know it'd never happen in reality.

The wide stripe on the helmet doesn't give me any problems at all. Sort of like it as is(without the exterior white stripe).

Archived