The Knicks 3-Year "Rebrand"

colortv

So what does everyone think? MSG has now been fully renovated, and they changed the logo(slightly), took black out of the color scheme and added gray, while changing the hues of the blue and orange. Also changed the uniforms, and added an orange alternate.Finally, they added a new court

Old:

NY-Knicks-Logo.jpg

tmacdebut_13.jpg

ny-knicks-new-york-knicks-tickets.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New:

200px-NewYorkKnicks.PNG

Carmelo-Anthony.jpg

20130105_pjc_sv7_416.0_standard_352.0.jp

179721_10152075142793228_2052649353_n-30

New Court:

I think they've gone from one of the blandest looks in the league to a classic look on par with just about anyone. I think the subtle change in Orange and Blue hues has gone a long way.

my only complaint is that i don't like that the cuff stripes don't go all the way around, it makes no sense to me as to why they only go half way on the top.

That, and I'm not a fan of the solid-colored waistband. If they went to a waistband stripe that was similar to what they wore during the prime of the Ewing-era and fixed those cuff stripes, their uniforms would be the best in the league. They're still very good, though.

Sorry to be "that guy" (I'm always "that guy"), but it would be better to do an apples-to-apples comparison of the primary marks - using the correct colors:

NewYorkKnicks_PMK0100a_2009_SCC_SRGB.png

NewYorkKnicks_PMK0100a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

Give you a better perception of the color changes.

Oh, and remember - the Blue used in the older logo was a lighter shade than was used in the uniforms...it matches better now.

Sorry to be "that guy" (I'm always "that guy"), but it would be better to do an apples-to-apples comparison of the primary marks - using the correct colors:

Oh, and remember - the Blue used in the older logo was a lighter shade than was used in the uniforms...it matches better now.

Thank you, I was waiting for that.

Huge upgrade on the colors. The logo still sucks, but it sucks a little less now.

I didn't realize the logo changed as much as it did. I thought it was a simple color swap.

I like what they did with it. Especially the thicker lines.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Wait, is the second one really the official logo now? When you look at the website there is still everything in light blue:

http://www.nba.com/knicks/

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

You know what's odd, I've seen both the new and old uniforms together in person at sports stores, and in real life the old orange looks washed out in comparison to the new one which is "richer" in terms of being more reddish, but anywhere else you look the new orange seems lighter. Either way the new orange is a vast improvement.

Actually, if you compare the orange of the paint in the above video to the court last year thats somewhat what they look like in real life comparison.

Wait, is the second one really the official logo now? When you look at the website there is still everything in light blue:

http://www.nba.com/knicks/

Look at the video of the game from friday night I posted in the OP. They darkened the blue on the court.

my only complaint is that i don't like that the cuff stripes don't go all the way around, it makes no sense to me as to why they only go half way on the top.

Some people get skin irritations around the under arms from uniforms with the sleeve trim that goes fully around the arms, essentially chaffing from rubbing against it.

The colors are obviously an upgrade, but I still feel as if an orange (road)/blue (home/alts) stripe down the side still would work better. I still prefer the older uniforms for that aspect.

Ditching the black did wonders, though

I wish more teams, specifically the ones that use BFBS, would realize this.

The Knicks and the Mets' uniform histories intertwine with each other the past 20 years. They both added black in the late 90s, only to get rid of it by 2012. While they got rid of black, the Islanders decided to add the color to their alternate uniforms.

The difference being that the Islanders chose to follow another 90's fad - teal, on their rebranding in the 90's and failed horribly. So 15 years later they finally jumped on the bandwagon (though they are about to turn that alternate into Brooklyn Nets colors)

Archived