Help with name for Indianapolis football team

Whittier S

Someone mentioned Professional Football Simulator a few days ago, and how you can upload logos and fields and such for the game, so I thought, well, whether I get the game or not, it's a great place to start for some new concepts.

I want to create a team for Indianapolis with a snake being the general idea for the concept. I choose a snake for two reasons: 1) there's a snake called a racer, and 2) Indianapolis is a center for the medical industry, and the symbol for Asclepius, the Greek god of healing, is a snake.

But I'm totally stuck for a name. Racers wouldn't work because it wouldn't embrace the second aspect. Serpents sounds awkward, and Snakes would be just silly.

If you have any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate them. Thanks!

rATMcmK.png

i think you should just go with the first idea instead of trying to blend 2 odd concepts together. is a generic medical concept really appropriate or really likable for a sports identity? i say Indy Racers is a good name and blends two different concepts (snake and racing) together in a great way. i believe there used to be a hockey team there named the Racers too? or baseball? IDK, but i think narrowing the focus is your best bet.

but, if you really want to use the two, heres a list of some Hoosier snakes. maybe you can find a name in there - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_snakes_of_Indiana

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The king snake is native to Indiana (and, having grown up there, I'm surprised I didn't think of that). I'm already using an Emperor penguin for an Emperors concept, so I think I'm going to go with the Indianapolis Kings (a crown-topped caduceus for the logo).

Thanks so much for the help!

rATMcmK.png

Archived