London NFL Team - Archers

chestnutz

Hi guys, been a while. I'm working on a project for a London NFL team. Decided on the name Archers (wanted to go different than lions/royals/kings/etc). I've got some preliminary logos done, but they don't look right Hoping you guys could give me some constructive criticism on 'em, tell me how to make them better! Bit tough cause there are no current archer logos really to reference. Cheers

KjR6xp5.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the negative space archer. Something about the helmet is off on both though, looks like a construction helmet.

I like the idea! Keep tinkering with it, i think you have something great here.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Something about the helmet is off on both though, looks like a construction helmet.

I like the idea! Keep tinkering with it, i think you have something great here.

I totally agree, Great work, but the helmet needs to be improved.

Thanks for the input guys. I've made some edits. Changed his face because it was bothering me. Also what was really irking me about it was how it was so asymmetrical, specifically the thick red outside stroke. I worked to fix that. Also I changed the helmet a bit, tried to make it more medieval. Got rid of gold too. I've also included a logo in the bottom right that's a little bit more dynamic, warped it a bit to make it look a little more three dimensional. Included a preliminary wordmark type too. Helmet is not final, just showing what it would look like on one!

Let me know what you think!

Mx4TWIP.png

nMmNNL2.png

spacer.png

the logo on the right is definitely the better option. i would suggest making the string on the bow black, it's just odd being white, i can;t really give a better reasoning than that.

the detail on the arrowhead needs to be simplified. i think it's getting lost a small sizes and would be a total mess in embroidery. make the head a simple straight edged shape with no highlight.

take a closer look at the black shaped around the archer, especially at the front of the helmet and the elbow. there are some curve/alignment issues there.

personally, id like to see it in red, white and blue. yea it's generic, but it might be better for this.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Wow looks great man. I still like the one on the left better, but I might be in the minority. Looks even better in red.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Yep, make the string black.

This is fantastic, just thoroughly fantastic. I had real doubts, but this has some great historical merit to it (Battle of Agincourt, FTW), includes all of that imagery, really pops, and the Cross of St. George on the back of the archer gives you a location. Amazing work. Simply brilliant.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Thank you guys for the kind words and advice! Can't wait to show you the full set, excited to include you in this process (it's for class).

I have included some color options here. Red and blue as suggested. Then I wanted to try one with brown because I think it's a vastly underused color in sports, and using green as well to make it look foresty? Let me know what you guys think. (Also I only now see that the red stroke gets a little messed up because I changed around the string on the arrow)

wWWwusw.png

spacer.png

yea the red and blue look good. i think you probably want to use red and white at least because of the flag/design on his back, but i don't mind seeing it in any other color either. and if it were a real problem, just delete that and go with whatever colors you like best. i'll suggest another one: green, gold (real gold, not yellow) and brown. maybe brighten that green you have there up just a bit? push it to a Kelly?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived