London NFL Team - Archers

chestnutz

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red and blue make the most sense for the British, but there are already so many red and blue teams.

that cross on the back has to stay red on a white background, or it's rendered meaningless. Other than that, it's whatever looks good.

I'd think red and a dark gunmetal gray would be your best bet...the red of the English Cross of St. George, the gray for the silver of the armor. Makes too much sense to me.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• 1 month later...

Hey dudes, so this is all for a project due next week in school (that's why the presentation is a bit different than normal), wanted to get some feedback for where I'm at.

Decided to go with green/brown, for no reason other than it's a unique color scheme to the NFL really. I know blue and red makes sense for England, but it's just too overdone in sports. Let's give this team its own identity.

Tweaked the primary logo a bit. And made an alternate logo based on a shield/St Georges cross. New wordmark as well.

Let me know what you guys think!

presentation_zps0cd51c16.png

altlogo_zpsb7e770f9.png

ArchersPrimaryLogo_zps8aa3a612.png

ArchersWordmark_zpsda30a581.png

ArchersHelmet_zpsf5dcfa79.png

uniform_zps32086c06.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Honestly, I don't see why you still can't keep the red cross of St. George in there. The Steelers use blue and red and it never shows up in the jersey. Actually, just a tiny bit of red might not hurt this design, which is rather dark right now. Treat it like the Titans treat their red. It would add some meaning to the logo

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

As a Brit love the concept, but two problems one is if we are to get a nfl team here it cannot and should not be london anything as this would alienate most of the British isles. Has to be British archers or English archers etc. that being said the colours also have to be red white and blue. If we get a team has to be a strong enough brand relating to our country to give up the teams we already support in the nfl.

If the home was red red with blue and white highlights would be within the county's colour scheme also the British lions rugby which is the only professional team that forms all four uk countries and the republic of ireland play in red for their home. Also is handy for marketing terms having the Brit team in the USA playing in red giving the history i.e the redcoats. Is cheesy but that sort of thing works.

Sorry do love your concept and art work is amazing just wanted to give one Brits opinion :)

Ps would love to see st George's cross or the union jack on the kit :)

I like your alternate logo better.

The original logo is a bit busy for my taste. The archer, plus his bow and arrow are just a lot of *things* in the logo. I think the shield + arrows is a much cleaner, simpler look. Simpler logos also translate well in a variety of media - jerseys, hats, print, web and so forth.

Compare the Cowboys vs. Redskins, for example. Washington is way too busy and the details get lost in many applications. Conversely, the Cowboy's star is simple and instantly recognizable.

I also agree about adding the pop of red for St. George's Cross. Works just fine for the Steelers and Ravens (Lord Baltimore pattern).

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Keep it with brown and green. Just add the red to the cross.

Oooooh... never mind that. Spoke too soon lol. What you have now is very good, I do think you need the St. George's Cross on the back again; either that or an arrow quiver.

For any league other than the NFL, I would prefer the red/blue look. However, for individuality purposes, the Green/Brown would be perfect for the NFL. I would give the touch of red a shot to see how it looks. However, I am not sure it'll look as good as some expect it to look.

Red and blue looks amazing! :) would be proud if we got a team that had that exact look except the London part....

Understand that there may be too many teams with red white and blue colour but if the nfl did give us a team there would be allot that would have to be done to make it work. One of them being giving us the right identity, and making it as patriotic as possible will always help more than a colour scheme picked merely to stand out in the league.

Great work :)

I actually prefer the green and brown, but think a splash of red would help a lot. Red and blue looks good, but it is so overused. Green and brown is unique, especially to the NFL.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Archived