The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Speaking as a guy that owns over 175 non-knock of jerseys fakes can easily be spotted from a mile away.

And?... That has nothing to do with quality. I can spot a BMW from a mile away. Does that indicate that it is of poor quality?

If you owned 175 BMWs and knew everything thing about them you would easily be able to spot the fakes that are of lesser quality.

But a knock-off doesn't always mean significantly lesser quality.

Your whole position on this boils down to "I can tell that all fakes are bad quality just by looking at a few of them." Do you honestly not see how faulty that is? If you hate knockoffs then fine, I'm not here to stop you. But there are plenty of quality knockoffs out there even if you want to ignore them.

Speaking as a guy that owns over 175 non-knock of jerseys fakes can easily be spotted from a mile away.

And?... That has nothing to do with quality. I can spot a BMW from a mile away. Does that indicate that it is of poor quality?

Maybe not...

But the cheap materials, incorrectly rendered logos, upside down crest's, and faded incorrect colours do. Counterfeit jerseys look like absolute garbage and anyone with a sliver of jersey knowledge should be able to spot one from a mile off.

And my point is that not all knockoffs are that bad. You can't take the worst of a bunch (of anything) and use that to represent the general quality. That would be like taking the dumbest 100 people in America and using them to represent the American population. Is that how you generalize things? The fact is that there are plenty of quality knockoffs out there, and they aren't hard to find. That's all I'm saying.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

If you owned 175 BMWs and knew everything thing about them you would easily be able to spot the fakes that are of lesser quality.

But a knock-off doesn't always mean significantly lesser quality.

Your whole position on this boils down to "I can tell that all fakes are bad quality just by looking at a few of them." Do you honestly not see how faulty that is? If you hate knockoffs then fine, I'm not here to stop you. But there are plenty of quality knockoffs out there even if you want to ignore them.

Yes, all knockoff jerseys are of low quality. Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogodud you belong to an on-line community of sports fans, jerseys collectors, designers and flat out jersey/logo fans. All of us (with the exception of you) realize that the knockoffs are of poor quality, maybe that says something. Hell, even the people here that own knockoffs admit that they are of lesser quality. Since you sing the praises of the knockoffs so much can you direct us to a knockoff site that sells high quality knockoffs to prove your point?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

i honestly think my chinese dallas stars jersey is of much higher quality than the replicas they sell in the proshop...

the only gripes i have about my chinese ribeiro jersey is that the nameplate font seems too thin and poor spaced, and the NHL logo on the collar isn't perfectly centered. i'll take those flaws over the screenprinted-and-glittered shoulder logos, and flimsy glued on DALLAS wordmark (with perfect triangles cut out for the holes in the A's?! ugly).

sadly, i've gotten to the point where i just don't plan to buy jerseys anymore. not sure if it's an age thing with me (never thought i'd play that card) or what, but i'd just as soon wear a hoodie or player tshirt to a game than an officially licensed replica that falls apart in the wash, and isn't even all that accurate off the shelf.

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss108/theother6seconds/032410112140.jpg

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss108/theother6seconds/032410112253.jpg

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss108/theother6seconds/032410112220.jpg

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss108/theother6seconds/032410112159.jpg

i don't own a replica of this particular sweater, but if anyone out there does, please take a picture of the A's... i've looked at the pro-shop many times, and they're just horrific and sloppy. basically, take a standard nhl.com nameplate/number, and construct the DALLAS wordmark out of it. most teams aren't as screwed over as dallas, because they actually get real logos on their sweaters. reebok has totally turned me off to buying jerseys... and i don't plan to buy any more chinese ones, either... but i will say playing devil's advocate, that i'd much rather be seen in a chinese knockoff dallas stars jersey than anything you can buy off the rack at the arena or official team store.

All of us (with the exception of you) realize that the knockoffs are of poor quality, maybe that says something.

So you think you speak for every single member of this site, charjerk? LOL. I hope that never happens, this community would be in deep :censored: if that ever happened.

There's a DirecTV Sunday Ticket commercial featuring a guy in a Packers jersey, and I'm almost certain the jersey is counterfeit. The sleeve stripes are all incorrect widths, and they're sewn-in, when they should be screened. The fakes are so prevalent, they're actually showing up in advertisements for NFL property. I think we just went down the rabbit hole.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

There's a DirecTV Sunday Ticket commercial featuring a guy in a Packers jersey, and I'm almost certain the jersey is counterfeit. The sleeve stripes are all incorrect widths, and they're sewn-in, when they should be screened. The fakes are so prevalent, they're actually showing up in advertisements for NFL property. I think we just went down the rabbit hole.

I have definitely seen a counterfeit jersey on a Twins "tickets still available" TV ad. Pretty much only us geeks can tell and since the majority of jerseys at Twins games are fake, it's really no surprise.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It's surprising to me because this isn't from a crowd shot, and it's not a local ad. It's an actor, in wardrobe, in a national campaign from the N-F-frickin'-L.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

One of my classmates wore his knockoff Jays Canada Day jersey to class today. The top button came off the first time he put it on. He knows it's a knockoff, but says it's okay because no one else can tell (other than me, because I hang around you guys)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

You see a lot more fakes at NFL games now. I have seen some pretty noticable fakes...really metalic looking numbers, crappy fonts, etc. I've taught my dad how to spot the fakes as well. So now it has become an annual game for us on the way into the stadium.

70389454.png

You see a lot more fakes at NFL games now. I have seen some pretty noticable fakes...really metalic looking numbers, crappy fonts, etc. I've taught my dad how to spot the fakes as well. So now it has become an annual game for us on the way into the stadium.

And that's fine, as long as you don't start to develop a spaz attack every time you spot a fake, like some other members here do.

Wait a minute, I was told nobody noticed or cared? :rolleyes:

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Wait a minute, I was told nobody noticed or cared? :rolleyes:

It's ok to notice and "care." Just don't have a spaz attack about it and act like it's the end of the world.

And for the record, most people don't "care."

i honestly think my chinese dallas stars jersey is of much higher quality than the replicas they sell in the proshop...

the only gripes i have about my chinese ribeiro jersey is that the nameplate font seems too thin and poor spaced, and the NHL logo on the collar isn't perfectly centered. i'll take those flaws over the screenprinted-and-glittered shoulder logos, and flimsy glued on DALLAS wordmark (with perfect triangles cut out for the holes in the A's?! ugly).

sadly, i've gotten to the point where i just don't plan to buy jerseys anymore. not sure if it's an age thing with me (never thought i'd play that card) or what, but i'd just as soon wear a hoodie or player tshirt to a game than an officially licensed replica that falls apart in the wash, and isn't even all that accurate off the shelf.

i don't own a replica of this particular sweater, but if anyone out there does, please take a picture of the A's... i've looked at the pro-shop many times, and they're just horrific and sloppy. basically, take a standard nhl.com nameplate/number, and construct the DALLAS wordmark out of it. most teams aren't as screwed over as dallas, because they actually get real logos on their sweaters. reebok has totally turned me off to buying jerseys... and i don't plan to buy any more chinese ones, either... but i will say playing devil's advocate, that i'd much rather be seen in a chinese knockoff dallas stars jersey than anything you can buy off the rack at the arena or official team store.

I'd hate to say it but from my phone that knockoff looks pretty good. I can't diagree with you in terms of quality. The old starter replicas are better then today's authentics.

I personally would but a knockoff to play in if I can decide on a color scheme for my goalie pads.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I'd hate to say it but from my phone that knockoff looks pretty good. I can't diagree with you in terms of quality. The old starter replicas are better then today's authentics.

I personally would but a knockoff to play in if I can decide on a color scheme for my goalie pads.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Exactly. There are decent knockoffs out there. There are bad ones too, but that doesn't negate the existence of good quality ones.

20119148101171043.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

An 8 for speed, and a 1 for execution.

Crest is squished, just about everything on the back is misaligned, and there's no Reebok logo. But hey, cheap!