The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

on top of that, its pretty foolish to pay $200 to $300 dollars for a real jersey anyway

So....don't buy a jersey. We're not talking about medicine, food, or water here. It's a jersey. A luxury item. You're not entitled to one. If you can't afford one or simply don't want to pay for one because you think the prices are to high, simply don't make the purchase. If enough people follow suit the prices will drop. Economics!

The "steal a loaf of bread to feed your family" example doesn't fly here.

so dont buy a jersey....? what a silly response. Obviously, i'm not buying a jersey, I'm buying a knock off LOL j/k

sometimes you want a little something more then a t-shirt and this provides that option. I'm not worried about it being exacting in design. Its a waste of time to worry about something so trivial.

But again, whats your point ? what are you going to do about it ? who cares if you do ? you posted a picture and typed your "it sucks " diatribe...now what ?

What are you going to do about it ? some people like fakes, some dont. The internet makes mail order 10 million times easier then in the past. Thats all there is to it.

i'm not mocking or trolling anyone here, We are all uniform history enthusiasts. Whats next? another picture of a off center number and your mockery of it ? thrilling....

So save up...

Definitely fake.

You can usually get an idea on what the quality of the photoshops or by going through team selections and seeing if they have the right team logo by the name. Ex: Cincinnati Bengals has Cincinnati Reds logo for it.

You made it that far? I made it to "they are DEFINITELY pretending to be the official NFL Shop website, but they are DEFINITELY not." Couldn't be faker and I didn't look at a single jersey.

Edit: I did actually explore the site a little bit. The jerseys do look good, but since they just stole their site design/layout graphics from nflshop.com, I'm pretty sure they just stole the pictures of the jerseys, too. They even took the "video" button from nflshop.com, but they don't have a video on their site!

Anyone buy from here before? Is it legit or not? Never heard of it until today.

Hockey dogs

haha what a funny name hockeydogs . i misunderstood it's selling dogs there

Loogoduded3.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I find the people justifying fakes pretty funny. Basically what I've gotten is, "I don't want to wear a t-shirt because it's not 'cool' enough and I don't want to buy a replica cause they look cheap." So buying a cheap Chinese knockoff is the answer? That makes sense. The fact is it's illegal but I guess that doesn't matter to some people because you're "beating the system."

so dont buy a jersey....? what a silly response. Obviously, i'm not buying a jersey, I'm buying a knock off LOL j/k

sometimes you want a little something more then a t-shirt and this provides that option. I'm not worried about it being exacting in design. Its a waste of time to worry about something so trivial.

But again, whats your point ? what are you going to do about it ? who cares if you do ? you posted a picture and typed your "it sucks " diatribe...now what ?

What are you going to do about it ? some people like fakes, some dont. The internet makes mail order 10 million times easier then in the past. Thats all there is to it.

i'm not mocking or trolling anyone here, We are all uniform history enthusiasts. Whats next? another picture of a off center number and your mockery of it ? thrilling....

The thinking appears to be that if enough people mock and castigate counterfeit jerseys in a nasty "Mean Girls" way, that the makers and buyers of said products will change their ways and respect American intellectual property laws.

I'm sure it will work as well as the recording industry's anti-piracy efforts. At first they refused to change their business model too...

The thinking appears to be that if enough people mock and castigate counterfeit jerseys in a nasty "Mean Girls" way, that the makers and buyers of said products will change their ways and respect American intellectual property laws.

I'm sure it will work as well as the recording industry's anti-piracy efforts. At first they refused to change their business model too...

Here's the problem with your analogy. If someone downloaded Metallica songs in 2000, they were getting actual Metallica songs, not crappy cover versions of Metallica songs with a chick singing in front of a Casio keyboard. It was still stealing, but at least you were getting the actual product, not a horrendous imitation of it.

Also, nobody was paying anything for songs they illegally downloaded, so it wasn't like them sticking it to Goo Goo Dolls funded the Chinese mafia.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

So save up...

oh come on..? another pointless response and answer.

I did save up...I saved my 30 bucks and bought a knock off LOL

I guess I just wonder, if someone came up to you while you were wearing it and asked you if it was real or fake, would you admit it was or would you try and say it was an authentic?

It still boggles my mind that people join a message board dedicated to designers and designing, yet some are trying to rationalize IP Theft. It's pretty much like joining a message board about making music and then supporting illegally downloading MP3s.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

So save up...

oh come on..? another pointless response and answer.

I did save up...I saved my 30 bucks and bought a knock off LOL

I guess I just wonder, if someone came up to you while you were wearing it and asked you if it was real or fake, would you admit it was or would you try and say it was an authentic?

again, playing devil's advocate here... i totally see both sides of the argument, but i do own a few chinese knockoffs that i wear regularly (i argue that there are some DAMN good fakes out there. they just take some work to find).

but i've had someone walk up to me about my mike ribeiro dallas stars knockoff and my vince young titans knockoff... they both said "wow, that looks nice. is that an authentic?" and both times i was totally honest. i said "no, it's actually a chinese knockoff from ebay. hard to believe, isn't it? most knockoffs are horrible. for $50, i couldn't pass it up."

i didn't feel ashamed. i didn't feel belittled. i didn't feel like they reacted negatively to the news.

like i've said in this thread a million times... i will not talk bad about people who choose to buy them, and i will not talk bad about people who refuse to buy them. i see both sides. i'm a law abiding citizen that actually works in law enforcement as a full-time job. i don't buy exclusively knock-offs, and i don't generally go out seeking knock-offs. but if i end up with one, and it doesn't look embarrassingly cheap, i'm going to wear it. and i'm not going to lose sleep over it.

i think both sides of this debate take it a little too seriously, and are a little too quick to make assumptions and judgments on the other side. that's just my opinion.

i actually enjoy when this thread involves posting hilariously awful looking counterfeits that have major details wrong. it's funny. it's entertaining. i also don't mind when people ask if others think the links posted are legit or fake. most of us here can tell easily, so it's useful. what bugs me is the running argument that has been going on forever in this thread. it does nothing positive to further the debate or change anyone's mind. it's useless and obnoxious to sift through.

_It still boggles my mind that people join a message board dedicated to designers and designing, yet some are trying to rationalize IP Theft. It's pretty much like joining a message board about making music and then supporting illegally downloading MP3s.

_

_Not everyone understands the implications of being a designer and having your work stolen, I would say the majority of people here aren't designers and probably haven't even opened up a design program. I think it's hard for some people to put themselves in other people's shoes, especially when it's a touchy subject like THEIR money vs. someone else's money

Well okay so buying jerseys from China/Hong Kong is considered illegal but Lol how do they keep getting through customs and to my doorstep. Hmm 5 jerseys for the price of uno authentic...think I'll do that lol.

Irregardless, here more knockoffs if ya'll interested. The Texans makeup identical to my Cowboys and is a nice snug fit. Both size 40s whichrun medium I believe. I'm 5'8 160 fits me perfectly.

tssMo.jpg

5Q8zz.jpg

If I'm not mistaken it is usually large orders that end up being confiscated. While I am sure the government would like to stop all counterfeits from coming in, they are more worried about people ordering large quantities of these jerseys and then passing them off as the real deal and selling them at a higher price.

70389454.png