The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

I would argue to the death (literally - I won't stop arguing until your body can't take it anymore and you just spontaneously combust) that replicas were made better back in the mid '90s. The Logo Athletic, Wilson, Reebok, and whatever else there was back then were crap. I'd see kids at school all the time with jerseys that you couldn't even make out the numbers on, or logos screened over top of seams because of poor QC, etc. Also, replicas for the most part didn't have NFL shields on them (once that started in '92.) They'd have a AFC or NFC logo on the collar.

Sure for $30 they were fine, but certainly not higher quality than today's.

I recall those jerseys with the AFC/NFC shields and they were quite funny. But there was more variety back then. I still have a very nice Barry Sanders replica I bought in 1992: NFL shield, shiny shoulders, etc. But no last names. I had to get that done separately.

I think the two sports that have see declines since the 90s are baseball and hockey. The hockey replicas I had in the 1990s looked great. Yeah, I had to go out and get the lettered/numbered (though they look fine on their own), but they held up through the regular wash for years (I still have 'em though never wear 'em). Today's replica's look like crap and seem (though I don't have any) less durable.

Baseball is even worse. My 1990s baseball replicas had real stitching between the letters and their outlines. Now they are just one layer patches with two colors and you can tell from pretty far away. The 1990s majestic replicas looked great, except you had to get them blank because of the one-color block numbers (and last names whether the team used NOB or not) and the missing sleeve patches, which I do acknowledge was a drawback for applicable teams.

Now the replicas look so bad that I get a sense they are trying push you into an authentic. But those are too expensive and the counterfeits are winning. (And I am NOT an counterfeit / IP theft apologist...I just wish they did a better job with replicas)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The only fake jerseys you'd ever see people wearing at the time were teenage boys in soccer jerseys - usually either EPL or international kits. Those ones were typically well done and resembled the real thing, presumably because people actually knew what they were supposed to look like.

Soccer fakes range from ones that are damn near identical to the real thing to others that are bloody atrocious. Most of the ones here in England fall into the latter category (I suspect that's because the real thing isn't that expensive but does date rather quickly), whereas in some of the markets I've been to abroad, I've had to triple-check to believe they were fake (and I know what I'm looking for more than most).

Edited by Malpass

bifcolympique_zps28a2961e.png

The only fake jerseys you'd ever see people wearing at the time were teenage boys in soccer jerseys - usually either EPL or international kits. Those ones were typically well done and resembled the real thing, presumably because people actually knew what they were supposed to look like.

Soccer fakes range from ones that are damn near identical to the real thing to others that are bloody atrocious. Most of the ones here in England fall into the latter category (I suspect that's because the real thing isn't that expensive but does date rather quickly), whereas in some of the markets I've been to abroad, I've had to triple-check to believe they were fake (and I know what I'm looking for more than most).

My favorite are Adidas soccer fakes with the wrong number of stripes

1zgyd8w.jpg

My Dad has NY Jets season tickets...a season or two ago I taught him how to spot fakes, became our source of entertainment when the football sucks. Dont have a problem with people who buy them but it is fun to spot them.

Maybe the NFL should embrace counterfeits after all. They're struggling to keep people in the stadiums and away from their TVs -- why not hand out counterfeit bingo cards when you enter?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Browns fakes are pretty easy to spot these days..the main fake sites can't seem to match the seal brown color. They all seem to look a bit lighter than the actual Nike versions. The brown is more on par with the Reebok replicas which appear lighter in certain light.

1347699877.jpg vs p12864480dt.jpg

I've seen a couple of people walking around with Richardson jerseys that appear just bit lighter than what you see on shelves in stores.

70389454.png

The sheer distance that you can spot an NHL fake is beyond me. Coming back from break on work today I saw a man exiting the store in a Chara Bruins knock-off. I was like 25 yards away could tell just from the numbers alone. The numbers on these fakes look like they weigh more than the jerseys, it's so obvious. Not to mention the Jets ones I see around town that have the wrong colour on the neck as the backdrop to the NHL logo. Rant over.

untitled-6.jpg

Isn't there more fly wire? Or is it just stretched long on field?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That one is actually from another site that sells fakes. They have some others that lead me to believe they may now have the brown color right. But with these sites you never know.

I saw a Devils jersey from one of these sites once that had everything spot on, but gray on the collar instead of black.

70389454.png

So, we've all heard it. Someone says "I got a guy who works at Nike/Reebok/Somewhere that can get jerseys cheap!" Well, my buddy came over today with this Nike "authentic" Bears jersey and it looks great. There are a few snags in the jersey material itself maybe from being in storage/shipping I don't know. But it appears to be on the up and up. But, I do have some questions and know this is the best place to go. I snapped some photos.

A4uUeB5CIAAaOm6.jpg

A4t80wECUAEBP8u.jpg

This is the reverse side of the front of the jersey and it looks suspicious to me.

A4uY8NKCUAAZXjZ.jpg

The TV numbers have a white material on the backside of the numbers too. It's very very thin almost like a wax paper. If anyone has a REAL Nike NFL jersey I would love to see some pictures of it,

The material also feels very very similar to my Nike Dri-Fit coaches polo, not sure if that's relevant but figured I share that info too.

Anyone think my suspicion is warranted?

Fake. And considering that the numbers on the back are attached to a separate piece of material that isn't even the same color as the jersey? "Great" isn't a word I would use to describe this disastrous piece of wanna-be authentic jersey.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Fake. And considering that the numbers on the back are attached to a separate piece of material that isn't even the same color as the jersey? "Great" isn't a word I would use to describe this disastrous piece of wanna-be authentic jersey.

Alright, the numbers with the material are the TV numbers but I see your point.

The name plate also doesn't match. The Bears actual tv numbers aren't the same as the numbers on the jersey, they have more of an oval to them and are a lot fatter.. If you're interested I can shoot you a pm with my elite jersey for comparison, but once you see the two, you can completely tell that's a fake.

That being said, my jersey also had the thin white paper on the numbers.

i remember buying my first jersey on http://www.weiketrade.hk when i google my jordan jersey .and found out it . and placed my order with my paypal .about 1 hours later . they sent me email saying that my payment was sucessful .and in 3 days they will ship my package . they sent my in the fourth day after payment and in another 7 days . i got my jersey .that's awesome for a price of 25 dollars.

You should really consider doing commericals for them cause you're an excellent spokesperson.

There was a poster on here who actually worked with Reebok that would occasionally post 50% off codes that would work for a day or two on their site.

I only own one modern authentic jersey (Eagles Brian Dawkins bought in 2008) and it cost like $130 directly from Reebok.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Alright, the numbers with the material are the TV numbers but I see your point.

It's the numbers on the back of the jersey which are attached to the different color material and it still looks like crap.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?