The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

what ?

Has any1 heard of them actually seizing jersey's or bootleg clothing?my package have not move since November 21. i placed my order finally by searching a site on google. You would think/hope they are after bigger things.

Spoke w/ USPS and they basically told me they have no idea since Customs is another entity. USPS doesn't know whats going on or why it's taking so long. If it were returned to China, I would at least see the return on my USPS tracking. frown.gif I hope customs finishes what they have to do fast

Inbound Into Customs

Processed Through Sort Facility

November 21, 2012, 5:12 am

ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

November 19, 2012, 8:20 am

FUZHOU, CHINA PEOPLES REP

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Acceptance

November 18, 2012, 1:07 pm

CHINA PEOPLES REP

I have no sympathy for you.

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

what ?

Has any1 heard of them actually seizing jersey's or bootleg clothing?my package have not move since November 21. i placed my order finally by searching a site on google. You would think/hope they are after bigger things.

Spoke w/ USPS and they basically told me they have no idea since Customs is another entity. USPS doesn't know whats going on or why it's taking so long. If it were returned to China, I would at least see the return on my USPS tracking. frown.gif I hope customs finishes what they have to do fast

Inbound Into Customs

ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

Acceptance

CHINA PEOPLES REP

Good. I hope they seize more and I hope you don't get your money back.

• Like 3
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

what ?

Inbound Into Customs

ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

Acceptance

CHINA PEOPLES REP

I have no sympathy for you.

i just email them and they promise to refund me in 3 days if i did not get them . we will see

just got it . thank you . it's awesome and i'm ready for my second order now .thy promise to ship by dhl this time

Thanks for the update, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say how concern I was that you'd get your package.

I really wish they would seize more packages. From what I understand, they go after the bulk stuff more, but if they can manage to stop more of the smaller ones coming in than I can only assume it'd be slightly crippling for some of these sites.

Any idea how large the counterfeit market actually is?

• Like 1

I'm sure they make their money off the bulk buyers who then go and put this stuff on Ebay. It's bad enough that they are selling fakes, but I find it much worse when someone pays $100+ on ebay for one of these thinking they got the real deal. That's why I am glad they focus on the bulk orders more.

70389454.png

I completely agree. I can't imagine how ticked I'd be if I ordered a jersey off ebay expecting one thing and get some of these knockoffs instead. I'd be irate.

What I find ridiculous is how people justify buying the product. I didn't even realize how big the counterfeit market was until a few years ago. I had gotten an authentic Blackhawks jersey for Christmas and I'm still pretty proud of the jersey till this day. I'd say sometime in February, a buddy of mine told me he had gotten three authentic jerseys for less than the price of one. I was pretty interested so I went over to his house and when I saw what he had, I couldn't believe he would accept the jersey as a substitute. He even stood up for the jerseys after I showed him mine.

Going to a Bears game is always fun because after lurking here for so long and then becoming a member, I've gained so much knowledge that it's become quite easy to spot the fakes. However, some are just plain obvious. I'm sure many of you know the Bears "Monsters of the Midway" jersey. For the last two years that I've gone to games, there's atleast one person that has that jersey, but the numbers aren't orange, they're RED. Why on Earth would you even wear that in public? If wearing an "authentic" jersey is that important to you that you'd go out and buy a knockoff, then wouldn't you want it to atleast look the same?

I don't buy the whole, "well I'd rather wear a jersey than a t-shirt" arguement either. I've never gone once to a sporting event and judged someone if they were wearing a t-shirt instead of a jersey EXCEPT when that jersey was clearly a counterfiet.

I completely agree. I can't imagine how ticked I'd be if I ordered a jersey off ebay expecting one thing and get some of these knockoffs instead. I'd be irate.

What I find ridiculous is how people justify buying the product. I didn't even realize how big the counterfeit market was until a few years ago. I had gotten an authentic Blackhawks jersey for Christmas and I'm still pretty proud of the jersey till this day. I'd say sometime in February, a buddy of mine told me he had gotten three authentic jerseys for less than the price of one. I was pretty interested so I went over to his house and when I saw what he had, I couldn't believe he would accept the jersey as a substitute. He even stood up for the jerseys after I showed him mine.

Going to a Bears game is always fun because after lurking here for so long and then becoming a member, I've gained so much knowledge that it's become quite easy to spot the fakes. However, some are just plain obvious. I'm sure many of you know the Bears "Monsters of the Midway" jersey. For the last two years that I've gone to games, there's atleast one person that has that jersey, but the numbers aren't orange, they're RED. Why on Earth would you even wear that in public? If wearing an "authentic" jersey is that important to you that you'd go out and buy a knockoff, then wouldn't you want it to atleast look the same?

Your points are valid but the hard truth is that the average person doesn't care. If the look is reasonably close - to them, not to uni geeks - and it's a fraction of the cost, what do you think they'll do? Besides, have you seen those jerseys Wal-Mart sells? They're licensed but some look worse than the knockoffs.

My background is the airline industry and a semi-similar thing is people always howling for more legroom and better service but when it's time to book the ticket, guess what they go for? Yeah...the lowest fare.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

At least the quality of the legit jerseys have gone way up with only a small increase in price. The $80 screen print jerseys Reebok used to offer were awful...4 or 5 washes later it was time for a new jersey. So at that time I could almost understand why someone would rather buy a stitched knockoff for half the price. But the new Nike jerseys are much better for $20 more. The $140 Limited jerseys are awesome.

I got a Joe Haden jersey last week and compared it to an old Reebok knockoff I have (hey I was a broke college student when I got it) and there is no comparison. Well worth the extra $100.There are some horrible Browns knockoffs out there where the Brown is much lighter. May not as noticeable on the street, but when you get into a crowd of Browns fans, you stick out enough for non-uni geeks to notice.

70389454.png

I don't buy the whole, "well I'd rather wear a jersey than a t-shirt" arguement either. I've never gone once to a sporting event and judged someone if they were wearing a t-shirt instead of a jersey EXCEPT when that jersey was clearly a counterfiet.

I don't agree with counterfeiting at all but the leagues have created this mess themselves by pricing so many people out of the market and like others have said the budget jerseys that have been created are just a joke.

• Like 1

Hey there, new here. Names Luke but you guys can call me BW. My uncle decided to get me a hockey jersey for my birthday. Two things occurred soon after: 1. The jersey was a fake Lightning one, and 2. I had to thank in front of my family even though I knew it was fake and it really pissed me off. I talked to him afterward, and he said he thought it was the same thing as a regular jersey (he got it online). I then preceded to pull out my old Devils jersey to show him the differences. I actually like T-shirts. They're more comfy than a jersey and still show your support.

just got it . thank you . it's awesome and i'm ready for my second order now .thy promise to ship by dhl this time

Third or fourth account? You really have an obsessive compulsive problem.

Also, your typing gets worse and worse with every new account.

• Like 2

what the hell is ccslc?

Hey there, new here. Names Luke but you guys can call me BW. My uncle decided to get me a hockey jersey for my birthday. Two things occurred soon after: 1. The jersey was a fake Lightning one, and 2. I had to thank in front of my family even though I knew it was fake and it really pissed me off. I talked to him afterward, and he said he thought it was the same thing as a regular jersey (he got it online). I then preceded to pull out my old Devils jersey to show him the differences. I actually like T-shirts. They're more comfy than a jersey and still show your support.

It is one thing when someone knowingly purchases one of these jerseys...I feel bad for people like your uncle who go in thinking they are getting the real deal and don't even know it. These days it is even harder to tell. Search "Phil Dawson Browns jersey"...some of the sites that come up look exactly like legit Browns shops if you haven't shopped for jerseys before. I have even seen some that mimic the NFL Shop site as well as Fans Edge and Dicks.

70389454.png

Thanks for the update, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say how concern I was that you'd get your package.

I really wish they would seize more packages. From what I understand, they go after the bulk stuff more, but if they can manage to stop more of the smaller ones coming in than I can only assume it'd be slightly crippling for some of these sites.

acturally .buying counterfeits seems not illegal . but for some real poor fans .10 jerseys buying at 30 bucks for all of their family is better than one authentic one with hundreds of dolloars

acturally .buying counterfeits seems not illegal . but for some real poor fans .10 jerseys buying at 30 bucks for all of their family is better than one authentic one with hundreds of dolloars

Umm it is illegal, hence the confiscation of your products before they leave customs and the length of sentences for those caught importing and/or selling them.

Just because whatever third world country your living in doesn't enforce intellectual property rights and their own laws doesn't mean it's not illegal.

It just means when some country invades and takes over it'll be that much harder for you and your countrymen to assimilate (that is, unless your blown to bits first).

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Wrong. If that family cannot afford the jerseys, then they can't afford them. They are by no means entitled to own a jersey of their favorite team. It's a luxury item.

what the hell is ccslc?