The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Just out of curiosity, does everyone here that mercilessly flames people for saving money and getting jerseys on eBay, etc, all pay for all the music they listen to?

I'm aware it's a bit different.

It's not hard to get any team and any player jersey on eBay cheap. And by cheap I mean 15-20.

And no- I don't pay for music, all the music today is :censored:.

When I did listen, I paid by buying te actual album in store.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Just out of curiosity, does everyone here that mercilessly flames people for saving money and getting jerseys on eBay, etc, all pay for all the music they listen to?

I'm aware it's a bit different.

Absolutely. With the ease of iTunes and the low pricepoint, why wouldn't I pay for music? Aside from the obvious theft issues.

spikes.jpg

Years of inflation. Textile prices have soared over the last 5 years. Oil/gas prices have gone through the roof which increases shipping.

You guys should understand all this.

I've bought all my music from iTunes or CDs.

Cost of labor to make these has gone down. Like I have said.. 49.99 should be the ceiling on the cheaply made replica's.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

Absolutely. With the ease of iTunes and the low pricepoint, why wouldn't I pay for music? Aside from the obvious theft issues.

Note that the prices for music didn't come down until the recording industry started feeling the heat on their absurd prices with the rise of file sharing ($22 for a 25 cent CD? Really?).

Hopefully the same thing will happen with the absurd prices for jerseys soon enough as the jersey makers feel the heat on their own absurd prices with the rise of offshore counterfeit manufacturing.

Note that the prices for music didn't come down until the recording industry started feeling the heat on their absurd prices with the rise of file sharing ($22 for a 25 cent CD? Really?).

Hopefully the same thing will happen with the absurd prices for jerseys soon enough as the jersey makers feel the heat on their own absurd prices with the rise of offshore counterfeit manufacturing.

Back when I used to buy albums I wouldn't dare pay more than 15 for them. How some are 25 boggled my mind. I stopped buying albums when they hit 30 one day- I couldn't believe it.

What pushed me was when the best buy manager told me he will price match the cd and I thanked him.

When I asked who he was price matching he said best buy, they had it for sale 13 the day before.

If they can put it in sale for 10-15, than the retail price can and should be lower and reasonable at 20 tops. Nothing should ever be on sale for 50% or more unless is been out for a while or is a loss leader. Especially when it's a 30 cd and on sale for 13 the day before.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Don't get me started on the music industry. I will post one example of the stupidity of that industry. Metallica Ride The Lightning is a 13-17 dollar CD. 30 years old, should be able to be sold for no more than 9.99

Remember when CDs first came out in the early 80s and were expensive as hell but they said "don't worry they'll get cheaper" XD

1zgyd8w.jpg

But the illegal file sharing was a headache for the music industry. Us high schoolers and college students did it like crazy, but we were a small minority. What really brought change was iTunes, with their legal downloads at reasonable prices and freeing consumers from buying a whole CD to get two good songs. I'm not sure there's a jersey equivalent.

Here's my jersey review.

!

That seems very, very accurate, to the point where I wonder if Nike's getting ripped off in-house at one of their overseas factories. I know the Steelers' sleeve stripes used to be a sewn-in insert - anyone know if that's carried over to the Nike overhaul?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Here's my jersey review.

!

That seems very, very accurate, to the point where I wonder if Nike's getting ripped off in-house at one of their overseas factories. I know the Steelers' sleeve stripes used to be a sewn-in insert - anyone know if that's carried over to the Nike overhaul?

Im pretty sure it is. Along with Detroit.

spacer.png

spacer.png