The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Fake. The black Beebok logo that is no longer in use is a dead giveaway.

:therock:

Do you mean the Reebok logo on the lower part of the sleeve? Because A.) It's blue B.) All replicas come with the Reebok logo stitched on there, and the fact that it uses the old logo could simply mean that it's from a few years ago. Not exactly sure how that's a "dead giveaway", but sure.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Sorry about the lack of pics, but I was at Dick's Sporting Goods today and I saw the following jersey "on sale" for $100:

Navy blue Philip Rivers Nike jersey. Size XL. Three layers of twill numbers and embroidered logos and wordmarks. Not to mention loose threads every which way (even connected letters on the CHARGERS chest wordmark). No Nike price tag, instead just a makeshift Dick's Sporting Goods tag.

So sewn logos and numbers, like an Authentic/Elite jersey, but size XL, like a Game or Limited jersey. Everything about this jersey screams counterfeit or is at least suspicious, but I can't wrap my head around an established, reputable chain retailer selling counterfeits. Is that really a common occurrence?

Do you mean the Reebok logo on the lower part of the sleeve? Because A.) It's blue B.) All replicas come with the Reebok logo stitched on there, and the fact that it uses the old logo could simply mean that it's from a few years ago. Not exactly sure how that's a "dead giveaway", but sure.

It looks black to me..... but it could be navy.

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

It looks black to me..... but it could be navy.

It's royal blue.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Could anyone here give me some tips on how to spot if an NBA Swingman jersey is a Chinese fake or not? I've been trying to convince one of my friends that he's been scammed out of 80 dollars, and prevent other friends of mine for falling for the same possible scam. Thanks!

Oh man, I've been looking for a place where I can get an Andrew Ladd St. John's Icecaps jersey!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't get it. I mean, how hard is it to get the correct fonts and not have 3 different sizes of lettering on the same nameplate? I know that people buy them regardless, and some are a lot better than others, but I'd never wear one of those disasters. Not only from a morality standpoint, but they look unbelievably obvious.

And maybe it's been said before in the thread, but to me the football fakes look just like those "Coliseum" brand jerseys that legit retailers sell for $50.