The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

I'll be in the People's Republic next Sunday, and I'm kinda looking forward to seeing how much fake gear is for sale near popular tourist destinations, and how much (if any) is being worn by the native Chinese, since in a lot of areas the younger generation tends to lean toward western fashions.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'll be in the People's Republic next Sunday, and I'm kinda looking forward to seeing how much fake gear is for sale near popular tourist destinations, and how much (if any) is being worn by the native Chinese, since in a lot of areas the younger generation tends to lean toward western fashions.

Pictures please!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Does anyone have pictures of real and/or fake Elite jerseys?

I know i have a good eye for fakes, but there's some fakes online that are great quality. The thing is, i honestly don;t know what the deal is, but it from what i've gathered on youtube comments, etc, is that the ones sold on those websites vary in quality and don't match the ones in the video. So idk if they have the ability to make them that good, or if they are legitimately real and are used to trick the customers into buying theirs.

Played "spot the fake" at the Jay's game on Saturday. Here's what I saw:

More than half the people were wearing fake jerseys, specifically those with "Reyes", "Bautista" and "Dickey" on the back for the Jays

Saw 5 fake Red Sox jerseys (one had the black lettering instead of navy)

Saw 4 legits the whole day, all of which were throwbacks (not including my own Kelly Gruber jersey, which I got for 8 bucks at Goodwill last year).

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

More than half the people were wearing fake jerseys, specifically those with "Reyes", "Bautista" and "Dickey" on the back for the Jays

Saw 4 legits the whole day, all of which were throwbacks (not including my own Kelly Gruber jersey, which I got for 8 bucks at Goodwill last year).

Did you win a Cito Gaston bobblehead?

Did you win a Cito Gaston bobblehead?

I won 25 bucks.

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.weiketrade.com is your best bet. I bought a Crosby and Michael Jordan jersey. Good weight and feel to them. They're durable in the wash and everything. I've gotten mass compliments on them and comparing them to my real jersey, you can't really tell the difference.

Jerseys looks good but prices aren't written or I can't see them :/

i just wanna buy aresenal jerseys. it seems guys could get them for me when i asked custom service,

http://www.weiketrade.com is your best bet. I bought a Crosby and Michael Jordan jersey. Good weight and feel to them. They're durable in the wash and everything. I've gotten mass compliments on them and comparing them to my real jersey, you can't really tell the difference.

i just wanna buy aresenal jerseys. it seems guys could get them for me when i asked custom service,

they could also customiz for me , we wanna name Gavin Hoyte on the back .the same price .

they could also customiz for me , we wanna name Gavin Hoyte on the back .the same price .

it seems i would get that jersey in two days , looking forward this.

got to say I dont mind buying from these shops I love collecting jerseys of my favorite teams, heck I know a shop local here in town that buys these and sells them for a jacked up price, I was big into finding deals on team twill/sewn jerseys on ebay which is where i got a lot of my Panthers reebok jerseys from or from the team shops but then things got pricey and hard to buy with going to games bills etc, so I tried to find deals which is when I ran across these wholesale websites

My review of these sites which I have bought several jerseys from:

They are good for the casual fan who can't afford to spend 200 some dollar on just one authentic jersey or 100 on screen printed ones like me that eventually with wear and tear are much harder to maintain then sewn/twill which for the most part is what all the jerseys from these shops are twill/sewn.

The jersey I have gotten there have been small flaws but nothing so major I would never wear it, only my Panthers Nike jerseys had the small flaws but anyways they have the silver blue silver shoulder stripe but the ones i ordered from there ended up being white blue white which i think looks good as well so in my eyes no big deal. Just like a lot of you have picked apart these jerseys, your right there are several bad ones listed on the sites but if you look hard enough you can find some that are not so bad. 70% of the fans are not obsessive about jerseys and wouldnt notice the difference.

You have to really look at these jerseys before purchase, like my panthers jersey unless I can see the sleeve logo I wont purchase them also if you order NCAA jerseys they sell them with the names on the back which I think is neat since NCAA does not allow that from official shops due to NCAA rules about marketing players, I have had no flaws in the NCAA jersey I have gotten either.

i did have one pretty bad order once where the sleeve logo was really wrong or not fully colored, the one bad order I got because i tried a different site me & my buddy went in on a order he got 3 vikings jerseys and celtics jersey in womens for his daughter, i got 2 panthers jerseys and ordered a wvu blue austin jersey when I received it my buddies order was fine his jerseys looked great just like what he would have bought from the official site.

The mistakes were on my side of the order, my jerseys the teal was miscolored, the logo on the sleeves didnt look right on the Panthers ones and then the austin jersey did not come in they sent intstead a blue #1 Michigan Braylon Edwards jersey which the jersey was fine but wasnt what i ordered when i tried to get back in contact with them they wouldnt reply to me. Outside of one bad experiance I havent had problems with getting in contact with other sites or problems with the jerseys

But all in all I have replaced a lot of jersey I had with these I suggest if ordering them order in bulk like 2 or 3 at a time you will spend the amount of one 100 screen print you get brand new out of the store when you include shipping. I started using these shops about a year or two ago, Here are the wholesale jerseys I have 3 Panthers Nike Jerseys, Blue Steve Smith, Black Cam Newton, & White Cam Newton, 4 WVU, Gold Geno Smith, Blue Tavon Austin, Grey Geno & Tavon

• Like 1

okSZRMT.gifEaHphDp.gif

got to say I dont mind buying from these shops I love collecting jerseys of my favorite teams, heck I know a shop local here in town that buys these and sells them for a jacked up price, I was big into finding deals on team twill/sewn jerseys on ebay which is where i got a lot of my Panthers reebok jerseys from or from the team shops but then things got pricey and hard to buy with going to games bills etc, so I tried to find deals which is when I ran across these wholesale websites

My review of these sites which I have bought several jerseys from:

They are good for the casual fan who can't afford to spend 200 some dollar on just one authentic jersey or 100 on screen printed ones like me that eventually with wear and tear are much harder to maintain then sewn/twill which for the most part is what all the jerseys from these shops are twill/sewn.

The jersey I have gotten there have been small flaws but nothing so major I would never wear it, only my Panthers Nike jerseys had the small flaws but anyways they have the silver blue silver shoulder stripe but the ones i ordered from there ended up being white blue white which i think looks good as well so in my eyes no big deal. Just like a lot of you have picked apart these jerseys, your right there are several bad ones listed on the sites but if you look hard enough you can find some that are not so bad. 70% of the fans are not obsessive about jerseys and wouldnt notice the difference.

You have to really look at these jerseys before purchase, like my panthers jersey unless I can see the sleeve logo I wont purchase them also if you order NCAA jerseys they sell them with the names on the back which I think is neat since NCAA does not allow that from official shops due to NCAA rules about marketing players, I have had no flaws in the NCAA jersey I have gotten either.

i did have one pretty bad order once where the sleeve logo was really wrong or not fully colored, the one bad order I got because i tried a different site me & my buddy went in on a order he got 3 vikings jerseys and celtics jersey in womens for his daughter, i got 2 panthers jerseys and ordered a wvu blue austin jersey when I received it my buddies order was fine his jerseys looked great just like what he would have bought from the official site.

The mistakes were on my side of the order, my jerseys the teal was miscolored, the logo on the sleeves didnt look right on the Panthers ones and then the austin jersey did not come in they sent intstead a blue #1 Michigan Braylon Edwards jersey which the jersey was fine but wasnt what i ordered when i tried to get back in contact with them they wouldnt reply to me. Outside of one bad experiance I havent had problems with getting in contact with other sites or problems with the jerseys

But all in all I have replaced a lot of jersey I had with these I suggest if ordering them order in bulk like 2 or 3 at a time you will spend the amount of one 100 screen print you get brand new out of the store when you include shipping. I started using these shops about a year or two ago, Here are the wholesale jerseys I have 3 Panthers Nike Jerseys, Blue Steve Smith, Black Cam Newton, & White Cam Newton, 4 WVU, Gold Geno Smith, Blue Tavon Austin, Grey Geno & Tavon

i agree with you , just wanna check the quality of jersey from weiketrade

got to say I dont mind buying from these shops

GTFO. You just told a community of designers "IDGAF if it rips you off, I like it."

I love collecting jerseys of my favorite teams

So do most of us but we go about it in legit ways.

• Like 2

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

In what sense are you "collecting jerseys" if you're buying knockoffs? It's not a collection... it's a facsimile. It would be a like my showing off my awesome baseball card collection by printing:

1952-mickey-mantle-rookie-card.jpg

Would it be dumb of me to spend $100K of my hard earned money for a piece of ink and cardboard? Yeah, you could make that argument... and it would be perfectly reasonable. Collecting as a hobby is a bit ridiculous when you think about it logically. The value of collecting, though, is in getting something that is difficult to find. If you have a stockpile of fake jerseys (or self-printed baseball cards) you're not a collector... you're a poser.

• Like 2

In what sense are you "collecting jerseys" if you're buying knockoffs? It's not a collection... it's a facsimile. It would be a like my showing off my awesome baseball card collection by printing:

Would it be dumb of me to spend $100K of my hard earned money for a piece of ink and cardboard? Yeah, you could make that argument... and it would be perfectly reasonable. Collecting as a hobby is a bit ridiculous when you think about it logically. The value of collecting, though, is in getting something that is difficult to find. If you have a stockpile of fake jerseys (or self-printed baseball cards) you're not a collector... you're a poser.

Sweet Mantle card! I looks just like the real thing and I bet it was cheaper too! :D

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Sweet Mantle card! I looks just like the real thing and I bet it was cheaper too! :D

Can you email that to me? I'll pay you 2 bucks! You make money, I save money, and almost no one can tell the difference! ;)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I understand that, I figure you all take it a little more personally then most casual fans like me would so let me rephrase it not my collection but my facesmile, and its cool if you dont like my point of view of it, its not like im trying to win you over or get you to start buying these types of jerseys, im just giving my personal opinion of these types of jersey since thats what everyone on this thread is talking about, these are jerseys i will wear on occasion, its not like i am running round flaunting them to everyone i know sayin check out my authentic jersey cause its not and i knew that when i purchased it, its something for games & to wear to the occasional game party, i would love to have it come from an nfl shop, but with as much as there charging for jerseys now it makes it hard to, every so often you find a deal here or there for some legit ones but in any case i was just giving my review of what i seen and have from these types of places, legit or not i have both

okSZRMT.gifEaHphDp.gif