The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Friend posted this on Facebook. Apparently China did well this Christmas...

967235_10151852118487543_1971535805_o.jp

Looking at this picture, if they were all "authentic" all six jerseys together would have cost $2,400 at $400 a piece. If they were the "premeir" jerseys they would have cost $1,200 at $200 a piece. Sadly they are all fakes and it probably cost $300 at $50 a piece. THATS THE PROBLEM! People don't care if they are real or not. It cost them significantly less.

• Like 1

cbe40ver0fdixhaag4regu3k0.gif3109.gifmt0sb106vq1t9wff53rzn98j9.gif

From Sudbury to Peterborough, now in Sherbrooke

2v274et.jpgWonderfully done by Silent Wind of Doom

That doesn't make it right.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That doesn't make it right.

maybe not right, but ignorant to the real thing, and finding a "deal" of what they think is a real jersey. the people who are doing the wrong thing are the companies making them, and the people selling them with the false identity as an authentic.

Yeah, I'd bet the people that knowingly buy a fake and don't care are equal to or less than the number of people that just think they found a deal on a website that other people don't know about.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Hockey jerseys are just exorbitantly expensive.

I live in Australia so add an extra $40-$50 in shipping on to any jersey and i'll be lucky if I get change from $250 for a premier jersey. It's impossible to justify that living with a mortgage.

Basketball and occasionally football are easier because some stores here sell jerseys so you don't have to worry about shipping, and you're looking at around the $100 mark. A perfectly reasonable cost for an official jersey by any standards.

I refuse to go counterfeit, even if I know the quality is decent, but it leaves me in a situation where i'll probably never own a hockey jersey unless I get really lucky on eBay. I have several friends who have gone the knock-off route and are quite happy with their decision and otherwise wouldn't have bought the jersey they wanted.

They are at fallas which sells shirts that say polo and then "not affiliated with polo Ralph Lauren" on the tag. They are china fake mistakes. Just look at those collars and everything else wrong about them.

All the stuff they sell is legit. I've gotten some misprinted player tees for like 3 bucks. They ave all kinds of misprinted stuff, especially Adidas.

The strike off thing makes a lot of sense too.

But yeah those aren't fake, just misprints. I've seen some weird ones at Marshall's/TJ MAXX before.

It's tricky because I have only every seen one photo of those. I spent a good twenty minutes nitpicking the spike at the bottom of the crest or the thickness of the lines and the amount of teal in the upper corner of the triangles, but there is one major major difference: in the real photo, it appears the shoulder patch is on white with a more truncated yoke. This has the shoulder patch on purple with a full rounded yoke.

1995-96Nordiquesjerseys.png

Look at the neck tag. It's not CCM.

I've seen these before on eBay, and it's a guy having them made custom. Can you really call it "counterfeit" if it's someone replicating a prototype that was never made available for retail, though?

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Looking at this picture, if they were all "authentic" all six jerseys together would have cost $2,400 at $400 a piece. If they were the "premeir" jerseys they would have cost $1,200 at $200 a piece. Sadly they are all fakes and it probably cost $300 at $50 a piece. THATS THE PROBLEM! People don't care if they are real or not. It cost them significantly less.

...and I bet this family is happy to have those jerseys...

• Like 1

It seems as though Reebok is happy to charge more and more for replicas (charging $10 and $20 more for WC and SS jerseys, plus $15 for the patches) while putting less and less effort into the quality of them (hello, lightweight screen-printed crap!). How long until they turn into Majestic, who in my opinion, makes the worst replicas of any league?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Counterfeit jersey bust. Here's the gist from the article:

Federal agents seized 6,121 bogus National Hockey League and other sportswear items estimated to be worth $723,377 as part of a three-month national anti-counterfeiting investigation dubbed “Operation Team Player.”

In metro Detroit, agents seized unlicensed items worth $32,550, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations unit said in a statement this afternoon.

The operation, billed by the feds as a “crackdown on intellectual property rights,” ended with the NHL’s 2014 Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium on Wednesday. The operation was targeted at unlicensed NHL merchandise.

http://extramustard.si.com/2014/01/03/nhl-winter-classic-counterfeiting-sting/?eref=sihp

That story would make a pretty sweet buddy cop movie.

90758391980.gif

On the bright side, they have an amazing VHS collection. EDIT: DG_Now got it, previous page. Kudos, sir.

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Federal agents seized 6,121 bogus National Hockey League and other sportswear items estimated to be worth $723,377 as part of a three-month national anti-counterfeiting investigation dubbed “Operation Team Player.”

In metro Detroit, agents seized unlicensed items worth $32,550, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations unit said in a statement this afternoon.

The operation, billed by the feds as a “crackdown on intellectual property rights,” ended with the NHL’s 2014 Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium on Wednesday. The operation was targeted at unlicensed NHL merchandise.

http://extramustard.si.com/2014/01/03/nhl-winter-classic-counterfeiting-sting/?eref=sihp

You would think in a city like Detroit, cops would be doing something more productive then the "anti-counterfeiting jersey movement". What a joke.

• Like 1

You would think in a city like Detroit, cops would be doing something more productive then the "anti-counterfeiting jersey movement". What a joke.

Federal agents... they normally don't handle shoplifting or even a regular murder.

Game Issue Sabres Slug home jersey: 25$

Mid Level(I dunno NFL title) Fitzpatrick NIke blue jersey: 20$

Marlies Home and Away Jerseys (replicas): 25 each for 50$

All of the above were purchased at their respective team stores (Sabres store, Bills store, and Real Sports respectively)

Just have to wait for the deals, and you can get the real thing for dirt cheap, and even better(in the case of my slug) than you can get in stores.

To be fair, all of these were purchased after the player had left, or they stopped using these jerseys, but to me doesn't matter.

• Like 2

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske