The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Game Issue Sabres Slug home jersey: 25$

Mid Level(I dunno NFL title) Fitzpatrick NIke blue jersey: 20$

Marlies Home and Away Jerseys (replicas): 25 each for 50$

All of the above were purchased at their respective team stores (Sabres store, Bills store, and Real Sports respectively)

Just have to wait for the deals, and you can get the real thing for dirt cheap, and even better(in the case of my slug) than you can get in stores.

To be fair, all of these were purchased after the player had left, or they stopped using these jerseys, but to me doesn't matter.

you do know this thread is about counterfeits right?

All of the above were purchased at their respective team stores (Sabres store, Bills store, and Real Sports respectively)

Just have to wait for the deals, and you can get the real thing for dirt cheap, and even better(in the case of my slug) than you can get in stores.

To be fair, all of these were purchased after the player had left, or they stopped using these jerseys, but to me doesn't matter.

you do know this thread is about counterfeits right?

I do, and my error is my omission of the following line

My point here being, if you wait for the deals, there is NO reason to buy fakes, because you can get just as good deals on the real stuff.

• Like 2

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Yeah I picked up the blue buffaslug on saturday at my local hockey shop. $20 on the clearance rack.

I figured the price was right and I can wear it as a shinny jersey.

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody remember the time the Bengals had little tree branches on their shoulders instead of tiger stripes? :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cincinnati-Bengals-Anthony-Munoz-HOF-throwback-jersey-NFL-rare-USC-1980-1970-/261376339593?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cdb3e6e89

HAHAHA!!! You don't remember the year of 1980 1970? I believe that's the only year they did it.

Counterfeit jersey bust. Here's the gist from the article:

Federal agents seized 6,121 bogus National Hockey League and other sportswear items estimated to be worth $723,377 as part of a three-month national anti-counterfeiting investigation dubbed “Operation Team Player.”

In metro Detroit, agents seized unlicensed items worth $32,550, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations unit said in a statement this afternoon.

The operation, billed by the feds as a “crackdown on intellectual property rights,” ended with the NHL’s 2014 Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium on Wednesday. The operation was targeted at unlicensed NHL merchandise.

http://extramustard.si.com/2014/01/03/nhl-winter-classic-counterfeiting-sting/?eref=sihp

That story would make a pretty sweet buddy cop movie.

You would think in a city like Detroit, cops would be doing something more productive then the "anti-counterfeiting jersey movement". What a joke.

Even if it was the Detroit Police (it wasn't), I think organizations like that are able to deal with crimes on multiple fronts. People getting shot, sure. but someone still needs to hand out parking tickets.

One of the best things about the vinyl patch is that the counterfeiters will obviously make them embroidered, and then we'll see about a million more fakes that are even easier to spot than before... not that they were all that hard before.

Honestly, I have considered getting business cards printed up that say, "Your jersey is fake/counterfeit" and pass them out at the games & events I go to.

• Like 3

One of the best things about the vinyl patch is that the counterfeiters will obviously make them embroidered, and then we'll see about a million more fakes that are even easier to spot than before... not that they were all that hard before.

Honestly, I have considered getting business cards printed up that say, "Your jersey is fake/counterfeit" and pass them out at the games & events I go to.

I'm fairly certain the vast majority of people would laugh at you and throw the card in the air as they walk away.

I'm fairly certain the vast majority of people would laugh at you and throw the card in the air as they walk away.

Honestly, I don't care what they would do. As long as it worked with a few people, which I figure it would, who would ask how I knew or any number of various questions because they didn't know, then it would be worth it.

It drives me crazy, the amount of fake jerseys I see at any Broncos event I go to. It seems like that's where the most of them are. I see considerably less Nuggets & Avalanche fakes compared to the Broncos.

This made me laugh, I think it's a fantastic idea. 'Fake' jerseys look so bad that I lean over to my girlfriend at every sporting event and point out each single one that I see, either because I can't resist or I want her to know what a real jersey looks like in case she buys me one. Can't people tell when the numbers, logos, and/or colors are off like that?? If you buy a jersey, do it right! Even a replica is fine for God's sake

This made me laugh, I think it's a fantastic idea. 'Fake' jerseys look so bad that I lean over to my girlfriend at every sporting event and point out each single one that I see, either because I can't resist or I want her to know what a real jersey looks like in case she buys me one. Can't people tell when the numbers, logos, and/or colors are off like that?? If you buy a jersey, do it right! Even a replica is fine for God's sake

Funny, I do the same exact thing with my friends, brother & my mother... every one of them tells me to shut the hell up. Apparently, I do it so often, it's gotten to the point where I drive them all crazy by just mentioning it. I do it anytime I see one, whether it be at the stadium, out at the store, on the streets, or even just on the television.

99% of the population:

1. Does not care if it is fake

2. Does not know it is a fake and wouldn't care if someone told them

Exactly. They would probably laugh at us for spending $250+ on a jersey. We can only spot the fakes so easily because jerseys are a hobby of ours. If I didnt care about jerseys I would probably buy a fake one too, I would save a lot of money.I bet a lot of Denver/Seattle fans dont even know what color they are wearing until they turn on the game.

Funny, I do the same exact thing with my friends, brother & my mother... every one of them tells me to shut the hell up. Apparently, I do it so often, it's gotten to the point where I drive them all crazy by just mentioning it. I do it anytime I see one, whether it be at the stadium, out at the store, on the streets, or even just on the television.

Now imagine what a complete stranger with no standards would do.

I like the card idea and often feel the same way, but it might be in your best interests to not point it out to people.

I have found plenty of worthy knockoffs... and honestly, if some jerk-off comes up to me, out of nowhere, just to tell me "Ha-Ha! You didn't spend $300 on your jersey! Loser!"... i'm decking the guy...

• Like 1

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I have found plenty of worthy knockoffs... and honestly, if some jerk-off comes up to me, out of nowhere, just to tell me "Ha-Ha! You didn't spend $300 on your jersey! Loser!"... i'm decking the guy...

Seriously. If some d bag had the audacity to present a business card printed up like that I'd first laugh in their face for having such a meaningless existence and then deck them.

I swear this board is full of borderline autistic middle aged men.

• Like 3

Yup there are some great looking ones. And when companies like Reebok can't even get the correct number font for there 100-200 dollar jerseys they deserve to lose business to counterfits. (Although i will say football jerseys tend to look bad and be the worst quality knockoffs)

Soccer jerseys often look just as good as replicas.

If you ever see an adult mens soccer league you'd notice they tend to look really good.

I just don't understand how Reebok charged full price for this

NFL%20Jerseys%20Dallas%20Cowboys%209%20T

Would someone wearing that be worthy of one of your little business cards? It's not accurate and they were sold like that for years.

On field for comparison

Tony_Romo_010.jpg

Say what you will about Nike, but they put some effort into their fan jerseys.

I just don't understand how Reebok charged full price for this

NFL%20Jerseys%20Dallas%20Cowboys%209%20T

On field for comparison

Tony_Romo_010.jpg

Say what you will about Nike, but they put some effort into their fan jerseys.

the only thing i see wrong with it is the number font which could just be the graphic not what it's like on the real thing, and thats a replica