The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

27 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Just look at it.  365 day returns, all the licensed symbols, live chat, etc.  If that's not legit, that's the absolute best illegitimate site I've ever seen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

Sorry for bumping this thread but I have a question about counterfeit new era hats. I bought a bunch of vintage never worn new era hats and they look authentic but just feel wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Any more details Harland?

12 hours ago, Colonel Sanders said:

Sorry for bumping this thread but I have a question about counterfeit new era hats. I bought a bunch of vintage never worn new era hats and they look authentic but just feel wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Care to elaboarate?  Is the issue with the sizing, the material, anything else?

9 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Care to elaboarate?  Is the issue with the sizing, the material, anything else?

Flimsy bill that doesn’t hold if you bend it. The new era tags don’t seem era appropriate. The thing that is vexing is that the embroidery of the logos look good it’s just they don’t feel right. Can’t tell if it’s just because they are 25 years of or if they are fake. 

• 9 months later...

A little unintentional humor I came across while window shopping on ebay: Frankenstein Angels jersey...I feel like this is somebody's concept brought to life poorly

s-l1600.jpg

...whatever the heck this is...

s-l1600.jpg

...and for good measure, whatever this thing is...

s-l1600.jpg

and last but not least, this complete botch job

s-l400.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

7 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

Anyone else find it odd that they always counterfeit Authentics and not Replicas? I feel like Replicas would be cheaper to reproduce and much easier to replicate accurately. 

I think it’s all about selling-buying an “authentic” jersey...for $11

KISSwall09.jpg

20 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

Anyone else find it odd that they always counterfeit Authentics and not Replicas? I feel like Replicas would be cheaper to reproduce and much easier to replicate accurately. 

I wonder if the the sticker shock on replicas is small enough that people are more likely to just buy them at the mall or the stadium.  The sticker shock on authentics might send people looking for "bargains."

More likely, I suppose, is the counterfeiters are going to charge roughly the same either way, so they may as well market for the bigger draw.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 7/15/2019 at 1:42 PM, shaydre1019 said:

Many of those counterfeit sites do offer replicas, but at the exact same price as the more expensive models, so nobody ever really buys them. I do assume its actually easier to sew and embroider everything than it is to heat press or sublinate prints, though, at least in terms of using the equipment/technology they already had.

• Like 1

On July 17, 2019 at 9:53 AM, C-Squared said:

Many of those counterfeit sites do offer replicas, but at the exact same price as the more expensive models, so nobody ever really buys them. I do assume its actually easier to sew and embroider everything than it is to heat press or sublinate prints, though, at least in terms of using the equipment/technology they already had.

You also have to remember the "WOW" factor of "I got an authentic (lol) jersey for $39! It even has a fight strap! These normally retail for $200+!"

• Like 2
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 1 month later...

Stumbled across something today that I think is interesting: 
lFa6sBK.jpg
This is Phil Collins, goofing off during a Central Park photoshoot with his band Genesis, in I'm guessing 1976 - the other guy in that pic is ex-Yes drummer Bill Bruford, who was Genesis' touring drummer for just that year - while wearing a pretty-obviously fake New York Rangers jersey; the font's more basic than their traditional lettering, and it lacks the dropshadowing to boot. 

I think this is the oldest case of a fake jersey I've ever seen, and it's kinda surreal to see one being worn by someone who would go on to be so famous...

• Like 1