The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Found some fake Ducks jerseys, on Amazon of all places.

They've got the current home and the 25th Anniversary third, which is laughably bad. The green's too bright (they even label it as blue!) the purple is completely different, the laces are too long, and the duck mask is oddly mishapen. But at least it's got that little Adidas logo on the hem, unlike the real one.

61POWVx7KaL._SL1001_.jpg

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, johnnysama said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202802021067 - Not quite a counterfeit, per se, but look at the bad quality of the NOB/number. XD

That is the first knockoff I've seen that was 1:1 created from an MSPaint mockup.

• Like 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 1 month later...

Who wants to go on Twitter and inform Dan Issel he's dealing with counterfeit jerseys?  In his defense, he's probably not the one who obtained the jerseys or who is running the promotion, but you'd hope there would be someone in his circle that would recognize these for what they are, and what they are is horrible.  Bottom photo posted for comparison.

I was going to nitpick on "Colonel's", but I suppose if one Colonel owns them...  :D

52319darylmvp59004_lg.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately the knockoff market has been booming for years now because the sports leagues and retail shops charge outrageously over inflated prices for a piece of clothing.

Granted, the authentics are of really nice quality but, IMO the quality still doesn't warrant a $300++++ dollar price tag. The reason the leagues, manufacturers, and retail stores charge as much as they do is because they can. There's no justifying these prices for what is essentially only a shirt but, someone is always willing to fork over the cash.

• Like 5

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 10:45 PM, johnnysama said:

^ To be fair, however, there weren't too many "real" jerseys being sold at retail to the public in that era.

In New York, you could have gone to Gerry Cosby's. But I also do wonder if these maaaaaaay have been a prototype for when the Rangers went to the crest in 1976?

• 5 months later...
On 1/9/2020 at 8:31 AM, LordBigMad said:

Unfortunately the knockoff market has been booming for years now because the sports leagues and retail shops charge outrageously over inflated prices for a piece of clothing.

Granted, the authentics are of really nice quality but, IMO the quality still doesn't warrant a $300++++ dollar price tag. The reason the leagues, manufacturers, and retail stores charge as much as they do is because they can. There's no justifying these prices for what is essentially only a shirt but, someone is always willing to fork over the cash.

Another issue is that Nike/Fanatics is not putting out enough jerseys.  For example its dang near impossible to buy a San Diego Padres jersey that is a blank replica and or if it has Tatis on it.  I have a feeling DH Gate is gonna start making a killing on Padres jerseys with the terrible inventory/logistics on behalf of Nike/Fanatics.   Even alot of Vapor jerseys are hard to find depending on the player or the debacle last year on people that order the new Rams jerseys didn't get them till nearly Christmas when they had ordered the jerseys after the unveiling. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, beachperroAZ said:

Another issue is that Nike/Fanatics is not putting out enough jerseys.  For example its dang near impossible to buy a San Diego Padres jersey that is a blank replica and or if it has Tatis on it.  I have a feeling DH Gate is gonna start making a killing on Padres jerseys with the terrible inventory/logistics on behalf of Nike/Fanatics.   Even alot of Vapor jerseys are hard to find depending on the player or the debacle last year on people that order the new Rams jerseys didn't get them till nearly Christmas when they had ordered the jerseys after the unveiling. 

Same goes for Reverse Retro NHL jerseys. I seriously hope they make another batch available or that some teams keep their RR as permanent 3rd jerseys cause I missed out on getting a blue Habs jersey and all my girlfriend could find was a counterfeit. I can't blame her, her intentions were good and she didn't know any better but damn it was hard not to look ungrateful when I opened the package cause it really looked like garbage 😕

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 10:01 AM, AFirestormToPurify said:

Same goes for Reverse Retro NHL jerseys. I seriously hope they make another batch available or that some teams keep their RR as permanent 3rd jerseys cause I missed out on getting a blue Habs jersey and all my girlfriend could find was a counterfeit. I can't blame her, her intentions were good and she didn't know any better but damn it was hard not to look ungrateful when I opened the package cause it really looked like garbage 😕

That sucks.  I think we are in an era where the companies want everything to be "limited" and gone versus having stock to the point where they have to put it on sale one day when uniforms change.  Look at how the MLB city connect jerseys flew off the shelves in a week online?  Even the boring Red Sox and Cubs ones flew off the shelves in days.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, beachperroAZ said:

That sucks.  I think we are in an era where the companies want everything to be "limited" and gone versus having stock to the point where they have to put it on sale one day when uniforms change.  Look at how the MLB city connect jerseys flew off the shelves in a week online?  Even the boring Red Sox and Cubs ones flew off the shelves in days.

We are also still working around the pandemic and some manufacturing might not be 100% yet.  

20 hours ago, beachperroAZ said:

Yeah artificial scarcity sucks. It's 10x worse if you're a sneakerhead lol. Sports jerseys aren't on that level yet, you have to act fast but they never sell out instantly, there are no bots or online raffles. But all's well that ends well, I found a legit Habs RR for retail yesterday and my gf gave my counterfeit jersey to her 10 year old nephew so everybody's happy 😁

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...