The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Is this real?

http://www.stadiumstyle.com/prod/2875-Anaheim-Ducks-Teemu-Selanne-Throwback-Koho-Jersey-.html

I ask because the back numbers are overlapping the stripes. I haven't seen that happen on any other jersey like that.

It's not counterfeit, but it is piss-poor workmanship on a replica.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ever think of taking advantage of an "internet deal"?

Here is their "quality"

Most of these sites have pop-up "customer service" boxes where the sales rep admitted to me that the jerseys are counterfit... his words!

Low quality China jerseys.

Take a look at their hockey jerseys. They can't get a font type or size correct to save their lives.

Their North Star Ns are way to big, same with the Whaler logos.

Their Blackhawk 1s are in correct.

ok, so , do you buy the stuff or not ? regardless of this banter

The materials used on letters number and patches don't seem to be the high quality material.

You definately get what you pay for.

From your link, the "low quality Chinese jersey" looks better than what the Colts wear on the field. Just saying...and laughing.

Reebok%20NFL%20Jerseys%20Indianapolis%20Colts%2029%20Joseph%20Addai%20white.jpg

Colts-Joseph-Addai-scores-in-31-26-victory-over-the-Raiders-in-Oakland-California.jpg

You think so?

To me the poor quality of the numbers and letters just scream "cheap knockoff to me". For example do you notice the "wavyness" in the numbers? It is not the stiff tackel twill that should be there. Its kind of the same material of a logo that would be on a Starter jacket.

Absolutely, the stripes actually look like stripes as opposed to an equals sign on each shoulder and the numbers are all a suitable size.

Addai wears the TechFit jersey, where the stripes are much shorter but the "regular" jerseys are not like that. about 12 Colts players wear a TechFit jersey. the stripes may be close to correct but the number/name material does look terrible

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

What the hell is THIS!

Nevermind...I should have checked the site first. I am not an NBA fan, but I had never seen that before.

Yeah, they wore that for a couple of seasons back around 1979-81. Isiah never wore that uni though, the Pistons switched to the classic Bad Boy look for his rookie season.

Where's Ice Cap? He's usually rebutting my arguments within 30 seconds or so.

Believe it or not I don't sit around waiting for you to reply to the Counterfeit thread. Truth be told I feel I've said all I have to say on the topic. Even on the Addai thing. I've said what I have to say regarding Reebok's attempt at "stripes."

And Ice Cap, "self righteous" wasn't the right term. My point is you see this in black and white when, like everything in the world, there are shades of gray. It also seems to be a real hot button for you for whatever reason.

This itself isn't a hot button topic. The law, however, is. There are many things in the world that are indeed shades of grey. The law, however, is not one of them. Something is either against the law or it isn't. There's no grey area. It's a simple enough concept. People not getting that is the "hot button" issue for me.

Believe it or not I don't sit around waiting for you to reply to the Counterfeit thread. Truth be told I feel I've said all I have to say on the topic. Even on the Addai thing. I've said what I have to say regarding Reebok's attempt at "stripes."

And Ice Cap, "self righteous" wasn't the right term. My point is you see this in black and white when, like everything in the world, there are shades of gray. It also seems to be a real hot button for you for whatever reason.

This itself isn't a hot button topic. The law, however, is. There are many things in the world that are indeed shades of grey. The law, however, is not one of them. Something is either against the law or it isn't. There's no grey area. It's a simple enough concept. People not getting that is the "hot button" issue for me.

1) I'm crushed. Really. :D

But that response sounds more like you don't have good counterpoints than you've had enough of it. Just sayin'...

2) And you never, ever, violate any of them in any way, intentionally or unintentionally. Riiiight.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

But that response sounds more like you don't have good counterpoints than you've had enough of it. Just sayin'...

Not really. I read your latest long post. And every counterpoint I could have made I have made. No one's convincing anyone else here, we've just started repeating the same points. If you want to do that then ok. I had opted not to.

2) And you never, ever, violate any of them in any way, intentionally or unintentionally. Riiiight.

If anything says "I don't have a counterpoint" it's the "well you break the law SO THERE" response. The fact is that what anyone else does in regards to the law has absolutely zero barring on the counterfeit discussion.

Lets say I head out to the grocery store later, and lets say I drive over the speed limit. How does that make the sale and production of counterfeits any less illegal? Fact is it doesn't.

The topic up for discussion is counterfeiting jerseys. It's illegal. That if I sped home from school that one time a few months ago doesn't change that fact.

Not really. I read your latest long post. And every counterpoint I could have made I have made. No one's convincing anyone else here, we've just started repeating the same points. If you want to do that then ok. I had opted not to.

If anything says "I don't have a counterpoint" it's the "well you break the law SO THERE" response. The fact is that what anyone else does in regards to the law has absolutely zero barring on the counterfeit discussion.

Lets say I head out to the grocery store later, and lets say I drive over the speed limit. How does that make the sale and production of counterfeits any less illegal? Fact is it doesn't. The topic up for discussion is counterfeiting jerseys. It's illegal. That if I sped home from school that one time a few months ago doesn't change that fact.

1) Wisdom! I applaud you for realizing that and we'll leave things as they are.

2) No, but it's to my point of people being on a high horse about one illegal act while they themselves commit others.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

This is stupid, the people in this thread bitching about people buying fakes and all that are probably the people that download illegal music and software programs.

Actually I don't download music illegally.

Where's Ice Cap? He's usually rebutting my arguments within 30 seconds or so. And BBTV, did I make the case for an NFL monopoly on jerseys? Here I thought we had a nice debate going.

To be honest, no you didn't. I just don't see any point of debating it anymore, so instead of being like the douchebags here who have to announce that they're dropping something (and then follow that up with something like "before it gets ugly!"), I just kind of went away.

If you'd like, we could start from scratch, maybe in a new topic where there isn't 13 posts of pictures of fake jerseys in between each of our points.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is stupid, the people in this thread bitching about people buying fakes and all that are probably the people that download illegal music and software programs.

Actually, that has less than nothing to do with the topic here.

I think that many people who choose to download music illegally at least recognize that they are committing a crime and that it's wrong, they just choose to do it anyway. That doesn't make it right, but at least (IMO) most of these people do understand right from wrong in this case and choose to do wrong. In the case of counterfeit jerseys, many of you idiots really don't understand why it's wrong and illegal, and that it can hurt someone. Some of you are actually making the point that it's right to do it. I couldn't really care less if someone knows the situation and then still chooses to do something wrong (and deals with the consequences if caught... though there aren't many legal consequences to buying a fake jersey) but it does bother me that there exist people who simply don't get that it is wrong, it is stealing, and it is illegal. Plus it's dumb to come on a board that is frequented by companies who actually produce some of the designs that are being stolen. But considering that these days 80% of this board is either 10-year-old kids, people who come here just to talk about how great Jesus is, or just general idiots, I'm not surprised by the lack of common sense.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't understand why everyone is so against someone buying a knock-off? Maybe I'm missing something, but if someone wants a jersey for their favorite team and doesn't want to spend $80-$100 for a replica that looks like crap and doesn't have the money to buy a $200-$300 authentic jersey, why is getting a $20 knock off such a bad thing? Who are these consumers hurting? The businesses that charge $80-$100 for something that costs all of $3 to manufacture? The business who charges $300 for something that costs them $30 to manufacture? If the Chinese can make a jersey and ship it to the United States for $20-$30, why can't we do the same in the US? I'll tell you why - it's called price gauging. That's why it's "illegal." Are you kidding me? American businesses do this all the time! Farmers are getting a fraction of what they used to get because companies are importing wheat and sugar. But we can't buy a fricken jersey? Again, are you effing kidding me?

I don't understand why everyone is so against someone buying a knock-off? Maybe I'm missing something, but if someone wants a jersey for their favorite team and doesn't want to spend $80-$100 for a replica that looks like crap and doesn't have the money to buy a $200-$300 authentic jersey, why is getting a $20 knock off such a bad thing? Who are these consumers hurting? The businesses that charge $80-$100 for something that costs all of $3 to manufacture? The business who charges $300 for something that costs them $30 to manufacture? If the Chinese can make a jersey and ship it to the United States for $20-$30, why can't we do the same in the US? I'll tell you why - it's called price gauging. That's why it's "illegal." Are you kidding me? American businesses do this all the time! Farmers are getting a fraction of what they used to get because companies are importing wheat and sugar. But we can't buy a fricken jersey? Again, are you effing kidding me?

I think that many people who choose to download music illegally at least recognize that they are committing a crime and that it's wrong, they just choose to do it anyway. That doesn't make it right, but at least (IMO) most of these people do understand right from wrong in this case and choose to do wrong. In the case of counterfeit jerseys, many of you idiots really don't understand why it's wrong and illegal, and that it can hurt someone. Some of you are actually making the point that it's right to do it. I couldn't really care less if someone knows the situation and then still chooses to do something wrong (and deals with the consequences if caught... though there aren't many legal consequences to buying a fake jersey) but it does bother me that there exist people who simply don't get that it is wrong, it is stealing, and it is illegal. Plus it's dumb to come on a board that is frequented by companies who actually produce some of the designs that are being stolen. But considering that these days 80% of this board is either 10-year-old kids, people who come here just to talk about how great Jesus is, or just general idiots, I'm not surprised by the lack of common sense.

I read his post, and it didn't address my double standard concerns.

It's simple. There is no double standard, and the only concern you should have is whether or not you're going to be able to get a job and support yourself or if your low intelligence level will require you to have constant care even as an adult.

I don't mean to pile on here or "chest thump", but seriously - after reading your post, I really don't think that you're equipped to participate in this discussion.

It's simple. There is no double standard, and the only concern you should have is whether or not you're going to be able to get a job and support yourself or if your low intelligence level will require you to have constant care even as an adult.

???

I know plenty of intelligent people who are unemployed or (or severely underemployed) due to reasons that are for the most part not their fault.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED