The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Bulldogs Marlies game today. In the two sections directly below me in the lower bowl, I spotted 3 fake Phaneufs, a fake Kadri, a fake Gilmour, a fake Sundin and a fake Kovalev.

I see no less than 250+ fakes at Canucks games. I don't even need to be a jersey buff to know they're fake. It's pathetic how obvious they are.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Pat, I'd like to buy an "A"

20101223024318968.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

These websites that sell them, click on 'contact us' ... if there's no mailing address or phone number listed, 99% of the time they're located in China.

All they give you is an email address for contact and customer service ...

Sometimes when they reply, some of the fonts are Mandarin and Cantonese letters.

Made any?

CAPITALISM!!!

:)

Nope!

However, I have purchased patches from a licensed dealer and licensed RKB/CCM uncrested jerseys and made my own and hung them up on my jersey rack and they will not be sold.

I made a red Minnesota Wild and a dark blue CCM era Canucks.

LAW ABIDING!!!

:)

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

A guy here in my town just got sentanced to 6 months in FEDERAL PRISON for selling Chinese fakes at his store:

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/article/id/100027639/

Note, from the article:

Following Friday?s sentencings, Mike Feinberg, Special Agent in Charge of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement?s Homeland Security Investigations in Bloomington, Minn., said, ?The creation, smuggling and sale of counterfeit goods are not victimless crimes. Products that are produced and sold illegally are a threat to the health and safety of the public, harm trademark holders, are distributed by organized crime groups and are then sold to the detriment of local businesses and communities who derive no financial gain from illegal sales. ICE HSI is committed to an aggressive approach toward enforcing the nation?s intellectual property rights laws.?

A guy here in my town just got sentanced to 6 months in FEDERAL PRISON for selling Chinese fakes at his store:

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/article/id/100027639/

Note, from the article:

Following Friday?s sentencings, Mike Feinberg, Special Agent in Charge of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement?s Homeland Security Investigations in Bloomington, Minn., said, ?The creation, smuggling and sale of counterfeit goods are not victimless crimes. Products that are produced and sold illegally are a threat to the health and safety of the public, harm trademark holders, are distributed by organized crime groups and are then sold to the detriment of local businesses and communities who derive no financial gain from illegal sales. ICE HSI is committed to an aggressive approach toward enforcing the nation?s intellectual property rights laws.?

Did he use the "these fakes are cheaper and my customers really want them" defense?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

This is kinda related but dont you hate seeing those jerseys that are from wal mart or taget and even stores like jc penny and sears. The football ones are screen printed and dont even have the collar NFL thing.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

This is kinda related but dont you hate seeing those jerseys that are from wal mart or taget and even stores like jc penny and sears. The football ones are screen printed and dont even have the collar NFL thing.

No, it's not "kinda" related at all, considering those are officially licensed products. If you only have $40 to spend on a jersey, that's what you're entitled to - not an illegally reproduced knock off of a $200 jersey.

Though I'd argue that if you only have $40 to spend, you have other priorities besides buying shoddy-looking sports jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was at Hawk Quarters in Chicago today and, no kidding, a guy walks in in the worst knock of and asks "hey, take a look at this, how much do you think this is worth?" and without missing a beat the girl behind the counter goes "nothing, that is a piece of garbage knock off. Needless to say, the dude goes absolutely ballistic because he is convinced that he's gotten the best deal on Earth when in fact what he got was, well, junk.

I was at Hawk Quarters in Chicago today and, no kidding, a guy walks in in the worst knock of and asks "hey, take a look at this, how much do you think this is worth?" and without missing a beat the girl behind the counter goes "nothing, that is a piece of garbage knock off. Needless to say, the dude goes absolutely ballistic because he is convinced that he's gotten the best deal on Earth when in fact what he got was, well, junk.

anyone really concerned about a knock off is/must be young and worried about trivial crap like what other people think. Or if youre older,you possess no wisdom and worry about really stupid crap. I have a couple knock offs and they are fine. The numbers are a tad big but its obvious what team is being represented and they are better quality than over priced pseudo replicas sold in America.

Sure its nice to have what is considered the real thing but paying 300 for a football jersey is pretty stupid....I do hope to get one eventually, but for now knock offs are fine.

anyone really concerned about a knock off is/must be young and worried about trivial crap like what other people think. Or if youre older,you possess no wisdom and worry about really stupid crap. I have a couple knock offs and they are fine. The numbers are a tad big but its obvious what team is being represented and they are better quality than over priced pseudo replicas sold in America.

Sure its nice to have what is considered the real thing but paying 300 for a football jersey is pretty stupid....I do hope to get one eventually, but for now knock offs are fine.

One day I'd like to buy my own cable. But for now stealing my neighbors is fine.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011