The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

LOL at all you immature fools who think having an authentic jersey is important in life

and the thing that proves youre a worthy fan or something.

Just a bunch of myopic , Archie Bunker rednecks who debate pointless crap.

Jerseys arent worth $300 dollars to an intelligent man and comparing $2 and .75 CENTS sodas

is a weak example and has nothing to do with $300 items.

General quote I've read here- "I saw all these fans wearing fakes/knock offs at the game and I was disgusted." = people who think like this need to get a life.

You see, nothing you said here was remotely intelligent.

Why are people immature for not supporting the Chinese mafia by purchasing innacurate knockoff jerseys? I think your "Wah wah! I want a jersey! I don't care if it's illegal" attitude is far more immature.

And none of the allegations have anything to do with being myopic, rednecks or Archie Bunker (who wasn't even a redneck). I'm trying to see into your miniscule brain here, but are you trying to claim that people who don't like counterfeit jerseys are bigots? You just keep reaching for the insults. Next time save a few words and just call us dirty poo-poo heads.

Jerseys are worth what the market determines people are willing to pay for them. If Reebok didn't sell a single $300 jersey, the prices would come down. Just because you refuse to pay the money doesn't mean you are entitled to have one anyway. You can say that no car is worth $200,000, but some people are willing to buy them. That doesn't make them any less intelligent.

LOL at you wasting time trying to write a logic argument about something so trivial.

Archie was both a racist and simple minded. (no I'm not calling anyone racist haha )

who said anything about entitlement ? I get what I want to get when I feel like getting it- end of story.

worrying about people wearing knock offs is a waste of time.

LOL at all you immature fools who think having an authentic jersey is important in life

and the thing that proves youre a worthy fan or something.

Just a bunch of myopic , Archie Bunker rednecks who debate pointless crap.

Jerseys arent worth $300 dollars to an intelligent man and comparing $2 and .75 CENTS sodas

is a weak example and has nothing to do with $300 items.

General quote I've read here- "I saw all these fans wearing fakes/knock offs at the game and I was disgusted." = people who think like this need to get a life.

You see, nothing you said here was remotely intelligent.

Why are people immature for not supporting the Chinese mafia by purchasing innacurate knockoff jerseys? I think your "Wah wah! I want a jersey! I don't care if it's illegal" attitude is far more immature.

And none of the allegations have anything to do with being myopic, rednecks or Archie Bunker (who wasn't even a redneck). I'm trying to see into your miniscule brain here, but are you trying to claim that people who don't like counterfeit jerseys are bigots? You just keep reaching for the insults. Next time save a few words and just call us dirty poo-poo heads.

Jerseys are worth what the market determines people are willing to pay for them. If Reebok didn't sell a single $300 jersey, the prices would come down. Just because you refuse to pay the money doesn't mean you are entitled to have one anyway. You can say that no car is worth $200,000, but some people are willing to buy them. That doesn't make them any less intelligent.

LOL at you wasting time trying to write a logic argument about something so trivial.

Archie was both a racist and simple minded.A

No, I am wasting my time arguing with a simpleton, but I will venture further. Archie Bunker was not a redneck. He was racist, but he wasn't a redneck. And you are now calling people racists for disliking counterfeit jerseys? If I thought that you believed that, I would actually feel sorry for you. But no, you were made the fool and now you are throwing out random insults as a last-gasp effort to win an arguement.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yeah, who would think this kind of opinion would be prevalent on a sports logos and uniforms message board, amirite?

it can be seperated quite easily. This site is about interest in designs-history-uniform colors etc.

That doesnt mean I have to praise any copyright/retail god to prove my interest or knowledge there of.

All right, all right, everyone just slow down and take it easy.

I admit to a little trolling, but you guys are just as guilty too.

Look, the fact is, no one cares about knock off jerseys in the majority.

its not worth worrying about and wont collapse any market or capitalism or what ever.

i can get what ever I want and it doesnt make me any less a real or so called sports fan.

but you guys do come off like that idiot at a ball game who is concerned with the thought that someone came to a game wearing a jersey that is a different team than the 2 teams playing in the game or something to that effect.

Its an unimportant topic and no one cares in the great scheme of important stuff to worry about.

I admit to a little trolling, but you guys are just as guilty too.

No, we're not.

Can't speak for jerseys but I know that counterfeit Jordans and the like get a bum rap among the general public, so it wouldn't be a stretch to suggest that many non-logo nerds would frown on fake jerseys.

its not worth worrying about and wont collapse any market or capitalism or what ever.

The thievery of intellectual property on this large of a scale DOES impact the jersey market.

i can get what ever I want and it doesnt make me any less a real or so called sports fan.

Nobody was saying you weren't a "real" sports fan. What is a "real" sports fan anyway? Sounds like the kind of crap that Cleveland fans blow out of their ass in an attempt to feel superior to Miami fans.

Its an unimportant topic and no one cares in the great scheme of important stuff to worry about.

Dude, it's a sports logos and uniforms forum. What other issues are we going to discuss - world peace?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Dude, it's a sports logos and uniforms forum. What other issues are we going to discuss - world peace?

uniform logos are a hobby/ interest, not an issue.

They are a hobby/interest in the general scheme of life. On a sports logos and uniforms forum, they become issues.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I had a long thoughtful reply, but it got deleted.

This will have to do.

We're trained to associate more materials and sewn together = quality.

We're also trained never to spend $80 on a T-shirt (which is what a replica is).

Most casual fans don't know the difference and assume Sewn on = quality.

Let them find out otherwise. i could give a :censored:, and applaud their intellectual property theft if it means driving the prices down one day and reversing the trend that inflation means we can sell what we want at whatever price we want.

I wish a company would sue to fight that jerseys are a monopoly. Then the prices would drop, like the early 90's.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Can't speak for jerseys but I know that counterfeit Jordans and the like get a bum rap among the general public, so it wouldn't be a stretch to suggest that many non-logo nerds would frown on fake jerseys.

You'd find a mixed bag of people...many people did not understand why music file sharing was wrong...the music was free and that's all that mattered to them.

However, I think you're right that some non-logo nerds that "get it" would be on "our side". Aside from the fact that CCLSC has some designers (who obviously take intellectual property issues to heart), the biggest difference between "us" and the general public is that most "regular" people don't notice incorrect number fonts, huge wordmarks, and even last names on Yankee Jerseys. Therefore, they don't notice that the majority of the jerseys they see at the game are counterfeit. If they did, some would care and some would not.

And if you don't like that we notice that stuff, then I wonder why you are even here...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

You'd find a mixed bag of people...many people did not understand why music file sharing was wrong...the music was free and that's all that mattered to them.

However, I think you're right that some non-logo nerds that "get it" would be on "our side". Aside from the fact that CCLSC has some designers (who obviously take intellectual property issues to heart), the biggest difference between "us" and the general public is that most "regular" people don't notice incorrect number fonts, huge wordmarks, and even last names on Yankee Jerseys. Therefore, they don't notice that the majority of the jerseys they see at the game are counterfeit. If they did, some would care and some would not.

And if you don't like that we notice that stuff, then I wonder why you are even here...

why here ? I'm bored and find this humorous of course.

I have a Nitschke knock off and am not worried about it being real-so called - or not. I consider it the same as getting a t shirt or sweatshirt of favorite team except with more of a jersey flavor. Numbers and stripes instead of just a big logo

why here ? I'm bored and find this humorous of course.

I have a Nitschke knock off and am not worried about it being real-so called - or not. I consider it the same as getting a t shirt or sweatshirt of favorite team except with more of a jersey flavor. Numbers and stripes instead of just a big logo

Your bored and you find this humorous? Your basically admitting to trolling.

I checked out of this thread on like page 4, but I'll put in my two cents again.

I'm 15, and always bought child replicas as a kid (Redskins of course). All my jerseys became obsolete before this year because of Campbells trade and Portis becoming crappy/me getting taller. Those were adult replicas by the way... So I thought, why not pay twenty bucks more to get a much better jersey. I mean, it's MUCH better. I got an Orakpo Premier and LOVED it. I'm going to mow some lawns and babysit my neighbors kids this summer so I can buy myself a Jake Locker or (Drafted/Signed/Landry) Premier.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I checked out of this thread on like page 4, but I'll put in my two cents again.

I'm 15, and always bought child replicas as a kid (Redskins of course). All my jerseys became obsolete before this year because of Campbells trade and Portis becoming crappy/me getting taller. Those were adult replicas by the way... So I thought, why not pay twenty bucks more to get a much better jersey. I mean, it's MUCH better. I got an Orakpo Premier and LOVED it. I'm going to mow some lawns and babysit my neighbors kids this summer so I can buy myself a Jake Locker or (Drafted/Signed/Landry) Premier.

Get yourself an Atogwe! Or Sean Taylor... that's one that will be awesome forever.

90758391980.gif

Get yourself an Atogwe! Or Sean Taylor... that's one that will be awesome forever.

Atogwe would be great, but I'd be hesitant. Maybe if he has another great turnover year, but I'd like to offense (Locker or Julio if we draft). With Taylor... I don't want to. After he died, I bought a custom jersey that said RIP and had 21. WORST. DECISION. OF. MY. LIFE. I never wanted to wear it after the 2007 season (I was 11...). And I haven't. I would never buy a Taylor jersey.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Atogwe would be great, but I'd be hesitant. Maybe if he has another great turnover year, but I'd like to offense (Locker or Julio if we draft). With Taylor... I don't want to. After he died, I bought a custom jersey that said RIP and had 21. WORST. DECISION. OF. MY. LIFE. I never wanted to wear it after the 2007 season (I was 11...). And I haven't. I would never buy a Taylor jersey.

To each his own, I love rockin my Taylor jersey. I also got a Banks one too recently because I think he's so cool, I like gettin players that are kind of less popular. Another example, I had a Marko Mitchell one (obviously that one isn't so great now)

But yeah I can understand not wanting to rock the RIP 21 jersey. Kinda brings back stuff people don't wanna think about.

90758391980.gif

This will have to do.

We're also trained never to spend $80 on a T-shirt (which is what a replica is).

Let them find out otherwise. i could give a :censored:, and applaud their intellectual property theft if it means driving the prices down one day and reversing the trend that inflation means we can sell what we want at whatever price we want.

I wish a company would sue to fight that jerseys are a monopoly. Then the prices would drop, like the early 90's.

Oh yes...what a great time for jerseys:

April%201st%20champion%20jerseys%20177.jpg

Everyone forgets how crappy those were and they still cost $40 bucks. Just with inflation that'd be $60 bucks today.

I know everyone likes to knock Nike, Reebok and Adidas but the quality of replicas has dramatically improved since the 90's. (Below is replica's only)

Baseball: Back then they were screened on jerseys, sometimes on cotton. Today they are sewn on polyester which is more like the authentics. I believe replica's used to be like $50 and today they are $80, right in line with inflation and add a few bucks for better quality.

Basketball: At least the magic ones have stripes now. Champion replica's resembled today's JC Penny level jerseys (which are a notch below the replica) which retail for...$45 bucks! Screw You adidas! :rolleyes:

Hockey: These have decreased in quality I will not argue. I will argue that the fabric and construction is about the same or better.

Football: Better fits for someone wearing them out, better quality material, closer authentic fonts in most cases (not all...see Bears replica vs. onfield)

I know everyone thinks the prices have jumped astronomically but when you look at the prices vs. inflation they haven't gone up all that much and the quality has improved a ton.

This will have to do.

Everyone forgets how crappy those were and they still cost $40 bucks. Just with inflation that'd be $60 bucks today.

I know everyone likes to knock Nike, Reebok and Adidas but the quality of replicas has dramatically improved since the 90's. (Below is replica's only)

Baseball: Back then they were screened on jerseys, sometimes on cotton. Today they are sewn on polyester which is more like the authentics. I believe replica's used to be like $50 and today they are $80, right in line with inflation and add a few bucks for better quality.

Basketball: At least the magic ones have stripes now. Champion replica's resembled today's JC Penny level jerseys (which are a notch below the replica) which retail for...$45 bucks! Screw You adidas! :rolleyes:

Hockey: These have decreased in quality I will not argue. I will argue that the fabric and construction is about the same or better.

Football: Better fits for someone wearing them out, better quality material, closer authentic fonts in most cases (not all...see Bears replica vs. onfield)

I know everyone thinks the prices have jumped astronomically but when you look at the prices vs. inflation they haven't gone up all that much and the quality has improved a ton.

All of this is true. I think the reason that people are so down on replica NHL sweaters is because the quality of the pre-RBK replicas (once they were all air-knit) was so good, that it really makes the current edge replicas seem cheaply made (which I would agree that they are.) RBK probably looked at the old replicas as too good of an alternative to an authentic for the consumer, and had to widen the gap enough to justify the different price points. As a Flyers fan (though one who doesn't buy sports jerseys), the only reason I would ever pay extra for an authentic vs a replica would be because the CCM replicas always had a black outline around the crest, while their authentics did not. The Starter, NIke, and other replicas got it right though.

While not as good as the previous generation (produced by Nike, CCM, Starter, Pro Player, etc.), today's replicas are still ahead of the ones that were sold in the '80s/early '90s, when some were cheap poly doubleknit (or whatever replica baseball jersey material is called) or wide-holed mesh. Back then, the lower-end ones even had screened-on crests.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This will have to do.

I think that Sonics jersey looks great. I would have unabashedly worn that back then, and I still would today. It looks like a fashion jersey.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

This will have to do.

I was specifically mentioning Authentic jerseys, but even my Childhood Marino, Young and Sanders have all stood the test of time.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif