The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Never buy knock-offs online.

Buy them at your local flea market or underhand sports store/mob front...

Agreed... if you are going to go counterfeit, you need to at least examine the merchandise before buying it.

:rolleyes:

I'm not following you.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Never buy knock-offs online.

Buy them at your local flea market or underhand sports store/mob front...

Agreed... if you are going to go counterfeit, you need to at least examine the merchandise before buying it.

:rolleyes:

I'm not following you.

He's rolling his eyes because you still have yet to grasp that buying bootleg jerseys, regardless of their quality or the buyer's financial situation, is illegal.

Well at least in this exchange, he did not make any comments that indicated that he doesn't recognize the illegalness of it, and it is true - IF you choose to purchase an illegally-reproduced jersey, it is a smart idea to inspect it in person rather than order from some on-line site.

My point through this whole "debate" has always been that I don't really care if you choose to do it (though I think it's just a bad idea to), it's just that people should recognize why it's wrong and who they're hurting. If someone recognizes the facts and still chooses to do it, then oh well. Just don't come on here and defend it or argue that you're in the right.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And the North Stars had specially stylized, Pixelated Front Numbers...

ccmdallasstars7nealbrot.jpg

lmao

Most people don't remember how progressive the North Stars were. They were the first franchise in the NHL to replace their front crest with a number... Dallas does something similar today to commemorate this. ;)

He's rolling his eyes because you still have yet to grasp that buying bootleg jerseys, regardless of their quality or the buyer's financial situation, is illegal.

Are you charger77's spokesman now? He couldn't find anyone better to try to explain his worthless arguments? :rolleyes:

I recognize that buying bootleg jerseys is illegal, but it's one of those crimes that's a lot less harmful than some other crimes in this world that go unpunished. That doesn't make it completely right, but it makes me care less about it than other issues. And it also makes me not feel bad about doing it. I guarantee you've broken several laws in your life. No one really has the right to be holier-than-thou about lawbreaking.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Are you charger77's spokesman now? He couldn't find anyone better to try to explain his worthless arguments? :rolleyes:

I recognize that buying bootleg jerseys is illegal, but it's one of those crimes that's a lot less harmful than some other crimes in this world that go unpunished. That doesn't make it completely right, but it makes me care less about it than other issues. And it also makes me not feel bad about doing it. I guarantee you've broken several laws in your life. No one really has the right to be holier-than-thou about lawbreaking.

The worst part is that people are celebrating it on here of all places. There are some professional designers on here that are hurt buy people knowingly buying counterfeit jerseys.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

First page on the link that MC2 posted.

20115174164671015.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

They misspelled "Athletics" in their listings.

the entire site looks so bad

They have Winnipeg listed as the "New York Jets", and they misspelled Dallas

Cleveland should have considered this when making their uni change.

20101020281383222.JPG

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a serious question. I used to frequent an aviation-themed shop in the DFW area that made "original" artwork by filling a shallow shadowbox-style frame with stuff like pics, playing cards, bag tags, and silverware from whatever airline. Is that not copyright infringement?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg