The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Doesn't change the fact that you're an ignorant fool for failing to acknowledge the negative implications of the counterfeit jersey trade.

Meh

BBTV said it pretty well:

My point through this whole "debate" has always been that I don't really care if you choose to do it (though I think it's just a bad idea to), it's just that people should recognize why it's wrong and who they're hurting. If someone recognizes the facts and still chooses to do it, then oh well. Just don't come on here and defend it or argue that you're in the right.

When someone's being so ignorant to the extent that they look down upon others for analyzing the legal implications of counterfeit jerseys, they're the ones who should be laughed at. It's been said countless times within this thread and elsewhere- you may feel justified in purchasing a counterfeit jersey for reasons such as high turnover of players, the high cost of authentic jerseys, etc. but that doesn't change the fact that the counterfeit jersey market is illegal and by purchasing one you are supporting illegal trade.

stajump.net

not sure if it's been mentioned here before. great site. every jersey is $20. only gotten NFL and NBA ones. NFL is nearly perfect authentic style with tackle twill numbers, sometimes colors are off though. NBA ones are perfect, I would never buy any other jersey after getting the ones there. Large collection and they look and fit great in person.

"NBA ones are perfect"

Perfectly awful. I wouldn't spend $2 on this garbage, let alone $20.

http://www.stajump.net/nba-jerseys/boston-celtics/36-oneal-white-jerseys

meh, the ones I have look great in person. No one outside of the boards would be able to tell any differences. Definitely worth it IMO to save the $80+ more you'd have to spend for a "real" one

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I was directed to this thread by one of the guys I get jerseys for, we both think you are all hilarious. I have several china jerseys and they have all stood up to multiple washes and look great for the price. I feel no shame depriving the leagues of my money in this case. I go to several games a year, pay for center ice, sunday ticket ect... The way players change teams and teams change designs I will continue to do this.

Might want to revisit this bit of info from a shop owner in my town who "got jerseys" for other guys...

http://www.justice.gov/usao/mn/press/apr022.pdf

Hope that works out well for you :rolleyes:

I could care less about the negative implications of buying counterfeit jerseys and unlike Boston fans we stick by our teams no matter what. I wonder who you rooted for during the 90's considering Boston fans are by far the biggest bandwagon fans I have ever encountered. A typical Boston fan doesn't know about their teams histories. But hey you paid $300 for that jersey so you must be a real fan.

During the 90's, I cheered for the Hartford Whalers because they were the closest team. When they left, I became a Bruins fan and I know a lot about their team's history. Don't generalize, dick.

And I don't have a $300 jersey because I don't have a sense of entitlement to one just because I root for a specific team. I can't afford the marketprice. Plain and simple.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I was directed to this thread by one of the guys I get jerseys for, we both think you are all hilarious. I have several china jerseys and they have all stood up to multiple washes and look great for the price. I feel no shame depriving the leagues of my money in this case. I go to several games a year, pay for center ice, sunday ticket ect... The way players change teams and teams change designs I will continue to do this.

Might want to revisit this bit of info from a shop owner in my town who "got jerseys" for other guys...

I don't make any money off selling the jerseys, my friends pay what I pay. I just do the ordering. The case you referenced is irrelevant to me, I don't make a nickel off my friends, and I do not operate any sort of store. I am not doing anything illegal.

I could care less about the negative implications of buying counterfeit jerseys and unlike Boston fans we stick by our teams no matter what. I wonder who you rooted for during the 90's considering Boston fans are by far the biggest bandwagon fans I have ever encountered. A typical Boston fan doesn't know about their teams histories. But hey you paid $300 for that jersey so you must be a real fan.

During the 90's, I cheered for the Hartford Whalers because they were the closest team. When they left, I became a Bruins fan and I know a lot about their team's history. Don't generalize, dick.

And I don't have a $300 jersey because I don't have a sense of entitlement to one just because I root for a specific team. I can't afford the marketprice. Plain and simple.

You brought up my allegiance to the Bills as some sort of negative, I pointed out the fact that a large part of Bostons fanbase are front running idiots. If you do not want to be called out then do not bring it up.

You brought up my allegiance to the Bills as some sort of negative, I pointed out the fact that a large part of Bostons fanbase are front running idiots. If you do not want to be called out then do not bring it up.

It was a joke, son.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I don't make any money off selling the jerseys, my friends pay what I pay. I just do the ordering. The case you referenced is irrelevant to me, I don't make a nickel off my friends, and I do not operate any sort of store. I am not doing anything illegal.

Knowingly purchasing counterfeit merchandise is illegal; selling counterfeit merchandise is illegal.

Wow someone is extremely unethical and without a moral compass. How do you feel about those counterfeit shops being more likely to use child slave labor? Don't give me that Nike, Reebok and whatnot do, because they don't use child labor (although the pay is still crappy, but is getting better and almost to the point that it is possible to support a family on in those countries).

Do you think that the counterfeiters that you are paying $30 per jersey for are paying a livable wage to their workers? That they aren't using child labor or essentially forcing their workers into a slavery condition? You represent what is wrong with the American public. You want what you want, and don't give a :censored: who you hurt to get it. People like that need to see what its like to be on the other side.

And by saying you don't care it is counterfeit, you are admitting that you knowingly buy counterfeit goods, which is illegal in the states. Don't think a prosecutor wouldn't pay someone to look through your computer and find the posts on here. They would, and then would stick you with the costs. You need to focus on the moral and ethical reasons why what you are doing is wrong however, and have compassion for the people you are stepping on just so you can have your jersey for a few dollars less.