The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

The bottom line is people will continue to buy from China, and nothing will happen to us. We will not be banned from stadiums/arenas, the feds aren't going to kick my door down. The only people that care are you idiots, and none of you will do anything but whine on these boards.

I don't condone people in the states ordering these and making money off the sales. I buy for my friends but do not charge anything over what I pay.

Wow someone is extremely unethical and without a moral compass. How do you feel about those counterfeit shops being more likely to use child slave labor? Don't give me that Nike, Reebok and whatnot do, because they don't use child labor (although the pay is still crappy, but is getting better and almost to the point that it is possible to support a family on in those countries).

Do you think that the counterfeiters that you are paying $30 per jersey for are paying a livable wage to their workers? That they aren't using child labor or essentially forcing their workers into a slavery condition? You represent what is wrong with the American public. You want what you want, and don't give a :censored: who you hurt to get it. People like that need to see what its like to be on the other side.

And by saying you don't care it is counterfeit, you are admitting that you knowingly buy counterfeit goods, which is illegal in the states. Don't think a prosecutor wouldn't pay someone to look through your computer and find the posts on here. They would, and then would stick you with the costs. You need to focus on the moral and ethical reasons why what you are doing is wrong however, and have compassion for the people you are stepping on just so you can have your jersey for a few dollars less.

Why do you think we exported our factories overseas? It is cheaper to produce items in other countries because they do not pay their workers fair wages. I feel no shame in buying a jersey for $30. If the NFL was smart they would charge within reason and then I would stop but for now I am not.

I doubt the feds are going to go after someone who buys 50 jerseys a year. If they do then god bless them on their crusade.

The bottom line is people will continue to buy from China, and nothing will happen to us.

No, the bottom line is that you're a pompous, selfish, egotistical windbag who doesn't know when to quit.

I've been called worse. I'm sure you are a model citizen who has never done wrong.

Wow someone is extremely unethical and without a moral compass. How do you feel about those counterfeit shops being more likely to use child slave labor? Don't give me that Nike, Reebok and whatnot do, because they don't use child labor (although the pay is still crappy, but is getting better and almost to the point that it is possible to support a family on in those countries).

Do you think that the counterfeiters that you are paying $30 per jersey for are paying a livable wage to their workers? That they aren't using child labor or essentially forcing their workers into a slavery condition? You represent what is wrong with the American public. You want what you want, and don't give a :censored: who you hurt to get it. People like that need to see what its like to be on the other side.

And by saying you don't care it is counterfeit, you are admitting that you knowingly buy counterfeit goods, which is illegal in the states. Don't think a prosecutor wouldn't pay someone to look through your computer and find the posts on here. They would, and then would stick you with the costs. You need to focus on the moral and ethical reasons why what you are doing is wrong however, and have compassion for the people you are stepping on just so you can have your jersey for a few dollars less.

Why do you think we exported our factories overseas? It is cheaper to produce items in other countries because they do not pay their workers fair wages. I feel no shame in buying a jersey for $30. If the NFL was smart they would charge within reason and then I would stop but for now I am not.

I doubt the feds are going to go after someone who buys 50 jerseys a year. If they do then god bless them on their crusade.

I love how you completely overlook the fact that most big corporations that moved factories overseas are in fact paying workers a fair wage compared to the cost of living in each respective country, and how some counterfeiting operations would not only not pay a fair wage, but most likely break every labor law in the book as well, treating their workers like slaves. By supporting counterfeiters you support human slavery and oppression, child labor, and trample on the rights of your fellow man.

All for saving money on a jersey.

I've been called worse. I'm sure you are a model citizen who has never done wrong.

I'm sure you have been called worse, and with good reason. Furthermore, this thread isn't entitled "Thinking about doing anything wrong ever?" so the whole "I bet you've never done anything wrong" defense falls flat.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The bottom line is people will continue to buy from China, and nothing will happen to us.

No, the bottom line is that you're a pompous, selfish, egotistical windbag who doesn't know when to quit.

The typical defense for a man who has no defense. Flip it around on the other person, deflect it from yourself to another.

The bottom line is people will continue to buy from China, and nothing will happen to us. We will not be banned from stadiums/arenas, the feds aren't going to kick my door down. The only people that care are you idiots, and none of you will do anything but whine on these boards.

I don't condone people in the states ordering these and making money off the sales. I buy for my friends but do not charge anything over what I pay.

Well, depending on the volume, you may have some explaining to do at some point.

But, the bottom line is that you and others wearing these poorly made knock-offs will continue to look stupid in public and be laughed at (by many more than just us) behind your back. I don't see the allure of buying a vastly inferior product just to save a few bucks.

spikes.jpg

The typical defense for a man who has no defense. Flip it around on the other person, deflect it from yourself to another.

There's nothing wrong calling someone out for being a hypocrite. If you do something illegal and then call me out for it, then there's nothing wrong with reminding you of what you did.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Well, depending on the volume, you may have some explaining to do at some point.

But, the bottom line is that you and others wearing these poorly made knock-offs will continue to look stupid in public and be laughed at (by many more than just us) behind your back. I don't see the allure of buying a vastly inferior product just to save a few bucks.

I would be more embarrassed to be a person who laughs at some random person he doesn't know for wearing a knockoff, than be the actual person wearing a knockoff.

There's a gigantic difference between going 1mph over the speed limit and directly funding child labor and other human rights abuses.

The point is that they are both illegal. We are all lawbreakers to some degree.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that driving 1 mph over the speed limit isn't the worst crime you've committed. There's no way you or I can prove or disprove that here. But I don't believe it.

Really? There's no shame in laughing at an ugly, tawdry counterfeit jersey. There's plenty of shame in putting your money towards sweatshops.

I get compliments on all my fakes, and if someone laughed at me for that I would laugh at them for caring. It would be a laughfest!!

They're both illegal but the former can be excused while the latter is absolutely disgusting. To equate the two is ridiculous.

I think I am much more likely to receive a speeding ticket than be busted for buying fake jerseys. Plus I am helping those poor factory kids get some money, if we all stopped buying where would they work? It seems like you are looking down upon these unfortunate souls.

I get compliments on all my fakes

From who? If people get laughed at for wearing fake Jordans or fake Rolexes, I'm sure you get laughed at for wearing fake jerseys.

Plus I am helping those poor factory kids get some money, if we all stopped buying where would they work? It seems like you are looking down upon these unfortunate souls.

Really? How come there's never any noticeable improvement in wages and conditions in the sweatshops that make the fakes? After all, all the money people spend on illegal goods MUST be going to a good cause, right?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

16-23-LINDEN-VANCOUVER-CANUCKS-White-Authentic-jersey-9298-83806.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

They're both illegal but the former can be excused while the latter is absolutely disgusting. To equate the two is ridiculous.

I think I am much more likely to receive a speeding ticket than be busted for buying fake jerseys. Plus I am helping those poor factory kids get some money, if we all stopped buying where would they work? It seems like you are looking down upon these unfortunate souls.

You realize that they receive little to none of that money right? But of course as long as the child that can't get an education due to being forced to work in a sweatshop 16 hours a day for little to no money gets a little bit, everything is right with the world.

You are a disgrace.

I get compliments on all my fakes

From who? If people get laughed at for wearing fake Jordans or fake Rolexes, I'm sure you get laughed at for wearing fake jerseys.

Next time I wear one and someone gives me a compliment I will get their email address for you. The difference is I admit that I am wearing a fake when someone asks, I like them better than a replica, and I refuse to give the blood sucking leagues any more money.

Plus I am helping those poor factory kids get some money, if we all stopped buying where would they work? It seems like you are looking down upon these unfortunate souls.

Really? How come there's never any noticeable improvement in wages and conditions in the sweatshops that make the fakes? After all, all the money people spend on illegal goods MUST be going to a good cause, right?

Then they should get a different job.