The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

I do not sell the jerseys, I give them to my friends. If I were to be arrested I would claim I have no idea and there would be no proof otherwise except for this site. I used a burner email account and will delete all evidence once I am done. There is also the fact that no one cares except for you guys.

There's only 8000 people in your town of Doylestown, Pennsylvania -- i'm sure not many of them sell counterfeit jerseys with a lawyer father.

Wow this may have finally shut him up, thank you Chris.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I do not sell the jerseys, I give them to my friends. If I were to be arrested I would claim I have no idea and there would be no proof otherwise except for this site. I used a burner email account and will delete all evidence once I am done. There is also the fact that no one cares except for you guys.

There's only 8000 people in your town of Doylestown, Pennsylvania -- i'm sure not many of them sell counterfeit jerseys with a lawyer father.

I do not live in PA, why would you think that?

Only because he has the tools to look up a user's IP address, and may have already turned over what you have said to the proper authorities. They don't take kindly to counterfeiters in prison, you better have some steel underwear.

Only because he has the tools to look up a user's IP address, and may have already turned over what you have said to the proper authorities. They don't take kindly to counterfeiters in prison, you better have some steel underwear.

This has gotten pretty hilarious. I'm eagerly awaiting the authorities busting in my door with this thread printed out. I will keep you guys posted!

This has gotten pretty hilarious. I'm eagerly awaiting the authorities busting in my door with this thread printed out. I will keep you guys posted!

Yes because supporting counterfeiters who trample on basic human rights, enforce slave-like conditions, and employ children in their factories so that they can make a few extra bucks by trampling on their fellow man is hilarious. You supporting those counterfeiters and not caring about your fellow man is also hilarious.

All to save a few bucks. You seriously need to look at how you view others and your fellow man. I hope the day comes when people kick you when you are down, forcing you to do things you don't want to do for money. I'm going to venture a guess that Mommy and Daddy provided everything you ever wanted, you are a spoiled little brat, and now that you are on your own making money, you will trample on any person needed just to save a buck. Your parents certainly didn't raise you right.

Can someone ban this moron already? He clearly has no human decency and shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

I am going to venture that a lot of the products we (Americans) buy are produced in less than ideal work conditions. If they showed me a sweatshop with little kids stitching up a jersey while they are beaten I would stop buying them. I am guessing the conditions are not that bad. The Leagues markup after they get them from overseas is where I see the problem. Apple had to have employees sign a "no suicide" agreement because so many killed themselves. http://www.geek.com/articles/apple/foxconn-asks-workers-to-sign-no-suicide-pledges-2011057/ How many of you visit this site on your iPad or Mac? How many have an iPhone?

Kinda related but not.

Where is the proof that child labor is the main labor used to produce these fakes? The counterfeit busts I've seen have always been mechanized and ran by one adult or small group of adults

Kinda related but not.

Where is the proof that child labor is the main labor used to produce these fakes? The counterfeit busts I've seen have always been mechanized and ran by one adult or small group of adults

The argument begins with the anti fake jersey crowd saying that those of us who buy the fakes are costing the leagues money they deserve, when we refuse to acknowledge that as a valid point they move right onto the alleged child labor violations. If someone showed me a sweatshop in China where children are being abused and forced to make my jerseys I would immediately stop buying them.

The argument begins with the anti fake jersey crowd saying that those of us who buy the fakes are costing the leagues money they deserve, when we refuse to acknowledge that as a valid point they move right onto the alleged child labor violations. If someone showed me a sweatshop in China where children are being abused and forced to make my jerseys I would immediately stop buying them.

I don't think the problem most of us have is that you are taking money form the leagues, it's that you are taking money away from and stealing the work of the designers. Which on a board that gathers a lot of designers (professional, amateur or otherwise), I think it's a pretty valid problem. The other problem people have with you and Logoodude is that you refuse to acknowledge that what you are doing is illegal (which it is, whether you're buying, selling or trafficking it's all illegal). As BBTV said if you know what you are doing is wrong and you still do it, whatever it's your choice. Just don't be ignorant.

jNTsTyQ.png

Kinda related but not.

I will skip the other nonsense you posted and get to this. The fact that you refuse to acknowledge that as a valid point is insane. Businesses have no rights to stop people from illegally copying their liknesses and profiting off of them? That is mind-blowingly stupid. You just keep beating your chest and proudly displaying how much of an imbecile you are. And you are right about the working conditions. You just know the Chinese mafia makes sure its child workers are healthy and well-nourished. :rolleyes:

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Eh, if you look at my home IP address, I think it comes up as East Rutherford or Plainfield NJ or something like that, which is no where near where I actually live (Center City Philadelphia.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Eh, if you look at my home IP address, I think it comes up as East Rutherford or Plainfield NJ or something like that, which is no where near where I actually live (Center City Philadelphia.)

True...there are ways to beat it. But being an Eagles fan, do you really want to be associated with East Rutherford, NJ?

Right, but if the Feds were to go after him they would go through the service provider to pinpoint his exact location, no matter what size the city was.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

True...there are ways to beat it. But being an Eagles fan, do you really want to be associated with East Rutherford, NJ?

I'm not doing anything to "beat" it - it's just that however those things get registered isn't always accurate. Any time I'm on a site that has dynamic ads "hey there, looking for fun in CITY NAME", the city is always somewhere in central or north Jersey, or if I go to one of those Speedtest.net sites or derivitives, the default server is always in NJ. I'd never intentionally identify myself with that state.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This reminds me of how Nick got himself banned. Wasn't he trying to do some kind if IP masking thing to mask the fact that he was posting as "Monica"? IIRC he fessed that he botched it and that's what exposed the whole thing.

This reminds me of how Nick got himself banned. Wasn't he trying to do some kind if IP masking thing to mask the fact that he was posting as "Monica"? IIRC he fessed that he botched it and that's what exposed the whole thing.

Yeah I think so. And that is weird how yours comes up in NJ especially since you are in the center of Philly. Depending on where I'm at down here it either comes up as New Orleans (on campus) or Metairie (home...well for about 18 more hours haha).

Right, but if the Feds were to go after him they would go through the service provider to pinpoint his exact location, no matter what size the city was.

So the feds are going to waste resources to locate me, arrest me, and prosecute me for owning about 5 fake jerseys. I have never made a dime off of them, the cases that get prosecuted are the ones involving the sales of hundreds and thousands, not possessing. People have asked me why I wouldn't sell them at 3 or 4 times what I pay, it is because then I would leave myself open to a legitimate lawsuit. They would also need to prove who has been typing these messages.

You may be designers but you are not very bright when it comes to the law and it's reaches. Stick with what you know which is apparently criticizing other mens choice in clothing,

So the feds are going to waste resources to locate me, arrest me, and prosecute me for owning about 5 fake jerseys.

I doubt the feds are going to go after someone who buys 50 jerseys a year. If they do then god bless them on their crusade.

How many is it - 5 or 50? You can't even get your story straight.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12