The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

2. I can afford to buy the $250 jersey, I just choose not to. I can also afford to spend $75 to get my haircut at some place a co-worker frequents, but I instead choose to go to a regular barber for $15.

The difference is, the cheaper barber is still legal, while the cheaper jerseys aren't.

Thats%20a%20Bingo.jpg

spikes.jpg

Going slightly over the speed limit is not putting people's lives in danger, especially when other drivers around you are also likely going a tiny bit over the speed limit. Buying counterfeit jerseys puts the livelihoods of designers in danger. I'd say buying fakes has a more wide-reaching effect than going 1mph over the speed limit or jaywalking on an empty street.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

2. I can afford to buy the $250 jersey, I just choose not to. I can also afford to spend $75 to get my haircut at some place a co-worker frequents, but I instead choose to go to a regular barber for $15.

The difference is, the cheaper barber is still legal, while the cheaper jerseys aren't.

Willing to bet you have done quite a few illegal things in your life. Like I said, as far as I am concerned, it is EBay's job to take down the counterfeits. Besides, HIS point was about not being able to afford it. My point was I can afford it, just not paying that price. I can afford to pay $9 for a beer at the game, I just choose not to.

Yeah, but in this scenario, if I piss in a cup and write "beer" on it, you're buying it for $1.50.

spikes.jpg

as for your comment about me being cheap. Let's see, I have season tickets to the Giants and Rangers, and have had ticket plans for the Mets over the years.

Okay, here's a hypothetical for you. If a Pop Warner team in East Rutherford renamed themselves as the New York Giants and started selling tickets to their games, would you start going to those games instead of the NFL games? After all, you'd be seeing New York Giants football for cheaper, and quality doesn't matter as long as you're saving money, right?

Not even close to the same, but thanks for playing. To answer your question, I wouldn't buy tickets to see pop warner, but if they were selling NY Giants merchandise at their games for cheaper than I can get at Giants Stadium, or Sports Authority and I felt the quality warranted the prices they were charging, then I may support them by buying a hat, shirt, jersey, etc.

Going slightly over the speed limit is not putting people's lives in danger, especially when other drivers around you are also likely going a tiny bit over the speed limit. Buying counterfeit jerseys puts the livelihoods of designers in danger. I'd say buying fakes has a more wide-reaching effect than going 1mph over the speed limit or jaywalking on an empty street.

These clowns are never going to understand a proportionality argument. If you've ever done something that is not legal- no matter the severity- it is EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE WORST CRIME POSSIBLE!!!!

It's true. Way back in my first year of law school, I had a crim law exam and the question was something about what to crimes to charge an individual who had spray painted a neighbor's boat. I ignored the given statute and just wrote how I was seeking the death penalty for premeditated murder. And, because ALL ILLEGAL ACTIVITY IS THE SAME, I booked the :censored: out of that class. Thinkin' outside the freakin' box.

spikes.jpg

To answer your question, I wouldn't buy tickets to see pop warner

Why not? You'd get to see a football game for way cheaper than the NFL. Granted, the games wouldn't be nearly as fun to watch and you'd probably miss your season tickets at Meadowlands Stadium, but that's the NFL's fault for being such meanies and charging high prices for a top-of-the-line product, as opposed to yours for making the personal choice to trade those tickets in for Pop Warner. The nerve of Goodell!

xLmjWVv.png

How is it putting the livelihood of the designer in danger? They are getting paid for creating the logo/jersey. If the knock-off jersey didn't exist, I still wouldn't pay $250 for a jersey. I'd just stick with the t-shirts I buy for ~$20. To be honest, not really concerned about the designer's livelihood. Looking out for mine.

Why not? You'd get to see a football game for way cheaper than the NFL. Granted, the games wouldn't be nearly as fun to watch and you'd probably miss your season tickets at Meadowlands Stadium, but that's the NFL's fault for being such meanies and charging high prices for a top-of-the-line product, as opposed to yours for making the personal choice to trade those tickets in for Pop Warner. The nerve of Goodell!

In this case I CHOOSE to purchase the tickets I purchase. Secondly, comparing the two is ridiculous. I don't need the exact jersey Justin Tuck is wearing. If Tuck is hurt, I don't think they are going to ask me to fill-in for him just because I have the licensed jersey. The Giants jerseys I have bought on EBay look just as good as the idiots who pay $250+ on nfl.com

You do realize that they make royalties off merchandise sales, right? And a free-market system doesn't function properly if people don't make money off their work and its exposure.

Considering the Giants have owned their logo since the 60's, doubt anyone is making royalties at this point. Same for the Rangers, but their logo is even older. Besides, if someone is, I still buy t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats that are licensed. Not paying their prices for a jersey, whether the discounted jersey on EBay exists or not. Hence, not really hindering their livelihood or royalties.

Concerned more about my own pocket. Ever go to a car dealer and negotiate a better price? I guess you shouldn't do that because you are putting the livelihood of the salesman and dealership owner in danger.

In this case I CHOOSE to purchase the tickets I purchase. Secondly, comparing the two is ridiculous. I don't need the exact jersey Justin Tuck is wearing. If Tuck is hurt, I don't think they are going to ask me to fill-in for him just because I have the licensed jersey. The Giants jerseys I have bought on EBay look just as good as the idiots who pay $250+ on nfl.com

I'd like to congratulate you for missing the point of this topic more than I thought was humanly possible. If you were here, I would give you a gold star and a Yoohoo.

Also, damn those idiots who can afford a quality, licensed product.

spikes.jpg

In this case I CHOOSE to purchase the tickets I purchase.

Just like you CHOOSE to purchase counterfeit jerseys. That's not Reebok's fault.

The Giants jerseys I have bought on EBay look just as good as the idiots who pay $250+ on nfl.com

hakeem-nicks-signed-giants-reebok-authentic-jersey-jsa_1df3516b50c764b1902c548710ac6cef.jpg002%20Reebok%20NFL%20Jerseys%20New%20York%20Giants%2091%20Justin%20Tuck%20White.JPG

In your honest opinion, which one looks better and more like the real thing? The left one is an authentic and the one on the right is an average counterfeit.

xLmjWVv.png

Just like you CHOOSE to purchase counterfeit jerseys. That's not Reebok's fault.

The Giants jerseys I have bought on EBay look just as good as the idiots who pay $250+ on nfl.com

hakeem-nicks-signed-giants-reebok-authentic-jersey-jsa_1df3516b50c764b1902c548710ac6cef.jpg002%20Reebok%20NFL%20Jerseys%20New%20York%20Giants%2091%20Justin%20Tuck%20White.JPG

In your honest opinion, which one looks better and more like the real thing? The left one is an authentic and the one on the right is an average counterfeit.

The shiny, bubbly numbers add character.

spikes.jpg

These clowns are never going to understand a proportionality argument. If you've ever done something that is not legal- no matter the severity- it is EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE WORST CRIME POSSIBLE!!!!

It's true. Way back in my first year of law school, I had a crim law exam and the question was something about what to crimes to charge an individual who had spray painted a neighbor's boat. I ignored the given statute and just wrote how I was seeking the death penalty for premeditated murder. And, because ALL ILLEGAL ACTIVITY IS THE SAME, I booked the :censored: out of that class. Thinkin' outside the freakin' box.

Are you a prosecutor? Would love to come watch you try to get the death penalty for someone accused of jaywalking.

The shiny, bubbly numbers add character.

I guess reading comprehension is not one of your strong points. Funny, I would think that is important to get through law school. Look back at my posts. I DID say there are some out there that are bad. I wouldn't buy that Tuck jersey you have pictured. Not going to buy every cheaper jersey on Ebay, but when I look, I have been able to find at least one I would buy.

I'd like to congratulate you for missing the point of this topic more than I thought was humanly possible. If you were here, I would give you a gold star and a Yoohoo.

Also, damn those idiots who can afford a quality, licensed product.

More reading comprehension problems. I said earlier, I can afford to buy the "quality, licensed product", just choose not to.

I buy premier from NFL Shop. Never authentic. Why would you pay 250 for a jersey (honestly, I'm not being rhetorical)?

The premiere are still $120 for a pre-made, $150 if you want a less popular player. Still ridiculous.

That's hilarious, dude. Well done.

6fQjS3M.png