The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

whats the opinion on wearing counterfeits that are more accurate than the legit replicas?

i'm baffled every time i see anyone in a replica dallas stars home jersey. that word mark is absolutely butchered by reebok :( that said, i'm just as baffled by those who wear the bad counterfeits with athletic gold stripes and HUGE captain's letters to games too.

Well, all I know is that if any of you guys who think buying counterfeit jerseys are ok, I'm going to take any logos you've ever designed, put them on t-shirts and sell them for dirt cheap. Guess how much you guys are going to make, aka, the people who own the logo or have designed it? Zero dollars and zero cents.

No one has answered my question concerning designers, how many of the current MAJOR sports logos designers are paid royalties on each jersey purchased? I am guessing 0 so I am not hurting the designers in any way.

But you are almost guaranteed to get in trouble for stealing from Best Buy, whereas there's a good chance you'll get away with buying a counterfeit jersey. Just like you are almost guaranteed to get in trouble for going 100mph over the speed limit, but there's a good chance you'll get away with driving 1mph over the speed limit.

Each of the 4 things I mentioned there are technically illegal, but you can get away with 2 of them. Why? Because at this point, those in charge of enforcement have decided that those 2 "crimes" are not egregious enough to warrant legal action in every instance. Law enforcement has better things to worry about than hunting down supposed "criminals" who bought a knockoff baseball cap in Chinatown for $5.

A lot of people get away with murder too.

I love how people equate murder and larceny with buying some jerseys from China

Almost as crazy as equating stealing with jaywalking, huh?

Buying jerseys from China is hardly stealing. I would never buy a jersey from the league at the price they charge for that crap but for $25 or so I will.

It absolutely is stealing. You are stealing from the team, the league and Reebok/Majestic. They have the right to decide who gets to use/wear their likeness. The critea is simple, anyone who agrees to pay what they charge. If you don't agree to pay that, you have no right to wear it. Get it through your thick skull. Wearing a counterfeit jersey is stealing because it takes from the team, league and manufacturer what they would normally get from selling any jersey, whether or not you would purchase a jersey otherwise. You are paying the Chinese mafia for stealing likenesses from sports teams. Now, if you are going to come out with a simpleton argument like, "They are all rich and don't deserve money, so it's okay to screw them," (and some morons argue that anytime 'zomg! rich=evil' comes up), at least that would present an argument as to WHY you feel the way you do, albeit an immoral and irrational argument.

Back in the day I would legitimately purchase jerseys until I bought a Takeo Spikes jersey which fell apart after 2 washes. I vowed to never get burned like that again. The fakes I buy look almost as good, sometimes better, cost less, and none have fallen apart like the replica I bought.

For hockey and baseball, since the jerseys are so expensive rather than buy bush league looking knockoffs I just buy player-tee's. Not only are they dirt cheap compared to jerseys they still show your support for the club and whatever player. And specifically for baseball, they are much more comfortable especially when its hot as hell in the summer. I wouldn't be caught dead in a knock-off jersey though. Just not my thing.

90758391980.gif

I am exchanging my money for a jersey, hence I am not stealing. Want to say the manufacturers or distributors are stealing, fine. Consumer is not stealing if they are paying for the jersey. It is not my job to police these companies.

But who cares! You're a fan of a team, which means you're entitled to a jersey, right?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I am exchanging my money for a jersey, hence I am not stealing. Want to say the manufacturers or distributors are stealing, fine. Consumer is not stealing if they are paying for the jersey. It is not my job to police these companies.

But who cares! You're a fan of a team, which means you're entitled to a jersey, right?

If I am paying for the item, then yes.

If the leagues overcharge for crap then I will purchase it elsewhere. How is this a difficult to grasp?

Except that you AREN'T paying for it. You decided jerseys were too expensive, so you purchase poorly-reproduced knock-offs instead.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Except that you AREN'T paying for it. You decided jerseys were too expensive, so you purchase poorly-reproduced knock-offs instead.

These so-called poorly produced knockoffs have lasted longer than the ones I purchased legitimately. They also look great, I would never wear one that looks like the crap posted here.

Keyword: PURCHASE! I am purchasing the jersey, hence I am not stealing. The NFL's bank account does not have money taken out because I am buying the cheaper jersey. Before you start with "well, they are not making the money.." save it. If all that existed were the licensed jerseys at $100+, $250 for authentics, then I would go without a jersey.

These so-called poorly produced knockoffs have lasted longer than the ones I purchased legitimately. They also look great, I would never wear one that looks like the crap posted here.

That is what these guys can't comprehend. Noone is saying they all look just as good. Most are terrible. However, you can find knock-offs that look just as good.

Post a picture of your jerseys then, if you're so confident, skipper.

what the hell is ccslc?

He's a troll. He'll post legit ones and tell us they are the fakes.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I just found a picture of LoveTheFakes' jersey!

Fakehockeyjersey.jpg

Totally legit! We were idiots to even question this obviously authentic jersey.

what the hell is ccslc?

I will be happy to post pics of my jerseys, and I will only use real pics of my jerseys. I love how anyone who doesn't share your point of view is a troll, give me a break.

IMAG0141

IMAG0142

I will be happy to post pics of my jerseys, and I will only use real pics of my jerseys. I love how anyone who doesn't share your point of view is a troll, give me a break.

IMAG0141

IMAG0142

The last name and number fonts look suspect.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012