The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

I am NEVER going to buy a crappy replica for $80 or a slightly better authentic for $300

Then you're not entitled to own a jersey. Sorry, that's life.

When you see someone wearing a knock-off, whether it be at a game or on the street, do you go up to them and preach about how they are not entitled to own that jersey? Anyone else on here do that?

No, because I'm not the kind of annoying jackass who would go up to some random person on the street and preach at them. That doesn't change the fact that they're wrong for doing it.

But you are the kind of annoying jackass who would preach at some random person over the Internet.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

No, the argument in this thread is more like some random person on the street coming up to me and bragging about how they "got a sweet deal" on an obviously-counterfeit jersey, in which case I would be completely justified in telling them that it's a fake and why it is wrong to purchase fakes.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

this conversation is going absolutely nowhere, and you all look ridiculous.

people who don't have a moral objection to counterfeits will buy counterfeits. people who do, won't. people who think all counterfeits are of substandard quality are simply incorrect, and people who think that the mistakes on most counterfeits aren't noticeable are equally incorrect.

no one is going to change anyone's mind, and it's baffling to me that so many of you are still trying.

people who don't have a moral objection to counterfeits will buy counterfeits. people who do, won't. people who think all counterfeits are of substandard quality are simply incorrect, and people who think that the mistakes on most counterfeits aren't noticeable are equally incorrect.

no one is going to change anyone's mind, and it's baffling to me that so many of you are still trying.

Ding, ding, ding!

90758391980.gif

Win

I am NEVER going to buy a crappy replica for $80 or a slightly better authentic for $300

Then you're not entitled to own a jersey. Sorry, that's life.

When you see someone wearing a knock-off, whether it be at a game or on the street, do you go up to them and preach about how they are not entitled to own that jersey? Anyone else on here do that?

No, because I'm not the kind of annoying jackass who would go up to some random person on the street and preach at them. That doesn't change the fact that they're wrong for doing it.

But you are the kind of annoying jackass who would preach at some random person over the Internet.

pot-calling-the-kettle-black1.jpg

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

201011117314260060.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

How about we just stop arguing right or wrong, if anybody wants to participate in the thread, it will be posting terrible looking knockoffs we can all laugh at. We all agree that some knockoffs are horrible, so let's just make fun of those jerseys.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

How about we just stop arguing right or wrong, if anybody wants to participate in the thread, it will be posting terrible looking knockoffs we can all laugh at. We all agree that some knockoffs are horrible, so let's just make fun of those jerseys.

Great idea

Which is exactly what this thread was before you got here.

I've had around 4 fakes given to me as gifts, and some are worse than others. The only one i wear is an Ovechkin one, which is pretty good. On the contrary, I have a few that aren't very good at all.

There is also no law that I can find against knowingly possessing counterfeit goods, however if you knowingly possess them for sale, it's illegal in California.

6fQjS3M.png

Great idea

I'm indifferent to fakes, but I agree completely with that sentiment.

Perhaps Lovingthefakes should sign up on the Canucks message board, as it seems they are all exactly like him. Unbelievable how many people blindly support these counterfeits.

Staying on topic, that Clippers knock off is the worst.

Perhaps Lovingthefakes should sign up on the Canucks message board, as it seems they are all exactly like him. Unbelievable how many people blindly support these counterfeits.

I love how you blindly support the crap that is provided by the leagues.

Let me know your schedule of towns in which you visit so I know what DVDs and fragrances which you have to sell from strip mall to strip mall.

The crap provided by the leagues, which everybody but you recognizes as superior quality to counterfeits, is not the issue. He didn't say he was supporting that, just that it is dumb to buy counterfeits. You know, it is possible to not own any jerseys at all.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Let me know your schedule of towns in which you visit so I know what DVDs and fragrances which you have to sell from strip mall to strip mall.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean

The crap provided by the leagues, which everybody but you recognizes as superior quality to counterfeits, is not the issue. He didn't say he was supporting that, just that it is dumb to buy counterfeits. You know, it is possible to not own any jerseys at all.

I thought we were done with this but you guys keep bringing it up, replicas are crap, and authentics are not worth $300.

I thought we were done with this but you guys keep bringing it up, replicas are crap, and authentics are not worth $300.

Yes, they are. $300 is the market price for an authentic. If you can't afford it, then don't get a jersey. You're not entitled to one. Someday, you'll understand how the world really works.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Yes, they are. $300 is the market price for an authentic. If you can't afford it, then don't get a jersey. You're not entitled to one. Someday, you'll understand how the world really works.

I can afford it but I would rather save the $275. Thanks for the life lesson Dad but I am a big boy now.

Actually, he does own a jersey. As does everyone else who owns a knockoff.

Someday, you'll understand how the world really works.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED