The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Know what's funny? The people here talking up buying legit Authentics are the same guys that wont spring for over 200 bucks for a pair of quality jeans, a shirt, etc. Yet their sweat-shop produced mesh cheap shirts have to be official or they're "low quality".

The gap between quality is very narrow. Sure, you want to think it isn't since you're paying more. It's like saying your Lexus is so much better quality than the Toyota that came off the same line... sure, it makes you feel good to think so- but really? You may have a slightly better vehicle, but for the price? If you were smart you would have just got the Yota.

We all know the official jersey costs are ridiculously high for what they are and for how often they become outdated.

It's those distributers that need to change their prices. No one wants to buy a cheap jersey for 250$ that they can only wear once a week to games, yet it becomes irrelevant once the player is traded or the team switches designs.

Here's one I got for 40 flat... and I'd buy 10 more of these over a 250 dollar sweat-shop produced SLIGHTLY better quality version:

2jb60pw.jpg

2iavpy1.jpg

10hiqs5.jpg

Know what's funny? The people here talking up buying legit Authentics are the same guys that wont spring for over 200 bucks for a pair of quality jeans, a shirt, etc. Yet their sweat-shop produced mesh cheap shirts have to be official or they're "low quality".

The gap between quality is very narrow. Sure, you want to think it isn't since you're paying more. It's like saying your Lexus is so much better quality than the Toyota that came off the same line... sure, it makes you feel good to think so- but really? You may have a slightly better vehicle, but for the price? If you were smart you would have just got the Yota.

We all know the official jersey costs are ridiculously high for what they are and for how often they become outdated.

It's those distributers that need to change their prices. No one wants to buy a cheap jersey for 250$ that they can only wear once a week to games, yet it becomes irrelevant once the player is traded or the team switches designs.

Here's one I got for 40 flat... and I'd buy 10 more of these over a 250 dollar sweat-shop produced SLIGHTLY better quality version:

2jb60pw.jpg

2iavpy1.jpg

10hiqs5.jpg

Wow, that is good quality. Nice find.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I know mine is fake; just wanted a good deal. It looks close enough, and that is okay with me. And what is the deal with somebody looking that closely at the shirt I am wearing? That's kinda creepy. I don't play for the team, guy...it's obviously not a real jersey.

That pretty much sums up my view on this whole issue. I think it's a little wierd that people are so obsessed with what other non-athletes wear. If you're critiquing a team's uniform design, that's one thing. I think that's what we're all here for. It's one of the main points of this site.

But critiquing what some random non-athlete joe schmoe is wearing? Just because it doesn't live up to your standards? I can understand that coming from maybe a high school kid, but it just gets wierd when you have grown men obsessing over what other (non-athlete) grown men are wearing.

Most people who wear fakes aren't trying to impress or convince people that they are real. They are wearing them because they got a good deal and that is what they want to wear. Deal with it.

Here's what they were going for.

seMOw.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I know mine is fake; just wanted a good deal. It looks close enough, and that is okay with me. And what is the deal with somebody looking that closely at the shirt I am wearing? That's kinda creepy. I don't play for the team, guy...it's obviously not a real jersey.

That pretty much sums up my view on this whole issue. I think it's a little wierd that people are so obsessed with what other non-athletes wear. If you're critiquing a team's uniform design, that's one thing. I think that's what we're all here for. It's one of the main points of this site.

But critiquing what some random non-athlete joe schmoe is wearing? Just because it doesn't live up to your standards? I can understand that coming from maybe a high school kid, but it just gets wierd when you have grown men obsessing over what other (non-athlete) grown men are wearing.

Most people who wear fakes aren't trying to impress or convince people that they are real. They are wearing them because they got a good deal and that is what they want to wear. Deal with it.

It's not about how good the fake is. It could be indistinguishable for all I all care. Fact is counterfeits are illegal. If you can wrap your head around that fact but you still want to buy a fake, go on ahead.

Don't try to justify it like you're entitled to a cheap jersey though.

I hadn't even bothered with this thread until today.

I've read every page now (it's a slow day at work, lol) and frankly, I don't get any of it.

#1- If something is illegal, it's illegal what more is there to say? If you are ok with that, fine, but don't try to save face by saying something like "everyone does something illegal from time to time".

#2- I don't know about you guys but I bought the 1st version of the Leafs edge jersey (no name or number) for $40 at National Sports. Yes, it's an old style so it was cheap. But that was still legal and legitimate. So buy something old (that a sports store is trying to clear out) if you don't want to pay that money. To me that solves the old "but I want to wear it while playing" excuse.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I've read every page now (it's a slow day at work, lol) and frankly, I don't get any of it.

#1- If something is illegal, it's illegal what more is there to say? If you are ok with that, fine, but don't try to save face by saying something like "everyone does something illegal from time to time".

#2- I don't know about you guys but I bought the 1st version of the Leafs edge jersey (no name or number) for $40 at National Sports. Yes, it's an old style so it was cheap. But that was still legal and legitimate. So buy something old (that a sports store is trying to clear out) if you don't want to pay that money. To me that solves the old "but I want to wear it while playing" excuse.

i agree 100% with you. I save money by buying old/traded/retired/released player jerseys. I dont care if the guy isnt on the team anymore. If I like the player or team, Ill wear it. Most of the people will think you bought while the guy was still on the team anyways.

spacer.png

spacer.png

i agree 100% with you. I save money by buying old/traded/retired/released player jerseys. I dont care if the guy isnt on the team anymore. If I like the player or team, Ill wear it. Most of the people will think you bought while the guy was still on the team anyways.

As long as there are no mustard stains, you're good to go! :)

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I'll agree with this too. My best jerseys have been real jerseys that I found for a good deal on Ebay. I prefer them blank, so they don't get dated. Most I've ever spent on a jersey was $50 for a Lady Liberty Rangers.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Why can't I do both? I'm fine with the fact that it's illegal, and I'm pointing out that everyone - even those who make a big deal out of the illegality - breaks the law now and then. It's possible to do both.

Why can't I do both? I'm fine with the fact that it's illegal, and I'm pointing out that everyone - even those who make a big deal out of the illegality - breaks the law now and then. It's possible to do both.

You can do it. It's a free country and you are entitled to your voice.

All I'm saying is 2 wrongs don't make a right. I was speeding into work this morning (to go back to that example) and it didn't make it right, but I didn't try to justify it by saying "yeah well logodude90 buys illegal counterfeit jerseys!". If I got pulled over by a cop, or even called out by a co-worker who may have seen it i'd own up to it and say "yeah I was running behind so I wanted to make up time.". I'd accept my fine OR accept the criticism and not try to say "well someone else did something wrong, somewhere."

It's called being accountable for your own actions.

You can do it. It's a free country and you are entitled to your voice.

All I'm saying is 2 wrongs don't make a right. I was speeding into work this morning (to go back to that example) and it didn't make it right, but I didn't try to justify it by saying "yeah well logodude90 buys illegal counterfeit jerseys!". If I got pulled over by a cop, or even called out by a co-worker who may have seen it i'd own up to it and say "yeah I was running behind so I wanted to make up time.". I'd accept my fine OR accept the criticism and not try to say "well someone else did something wrong, somewhere."

It's called being accountable for your own actions.

Boy is that going to go up and over.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012