The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

How many guys have purchased fakes, said they would post pictures and then never did. I think the lack of pictures is pretty telling of the quality. People have NO excuse to knowingly buy fakes, especially with sales like the recent $100 M&N sale.

Just speaking on my behalf after I said I would post pictures, keep in mind they take forever to get here from wherever in Asia they are made. I still fully intend on posting pictures when I get my Tebow jersey, for better or for worse.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

I thought this looked really good.

Barry Sander Oklahoma State Jersey

Especially without the space between Oklahoma and State.

One big thing you have to be careful about is pictures taken of an authentic jersey used to sell counterefeit products. How hard would it be to buy an authentic jersey for your pictures to sell more product only to ship out the counterfeits?

I see this all the time, which makes buying jerseys a challenge sometimes.

haha good thing Oklahomastate exists

My bad, I should have clicked first. Didn't catch the sarcasm on first run through. My point still stands. ;)

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

WASHINGTON The knockoff designer bags look close enough to the real thing that few would notice at a casual glance. Same goes for the imitation replica football jerseys or popular boots. And the online prices seem too good to pass up.

But the products are fake and the websites selling them are breaking federal law by selling copies of high-end merchandise without giving credit or money to the real designers and creators. And while the products can look as good as the real thing, federal authorities warn that buying fake merchandise can be dangerous.

"Not only is this is a direct threat to American innovation ... but it's also a public safety issue," Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director John Morton said Monday as he announced that the government had shut down 150 websites accused of selling counterfeit merchandise.

Attorney General Eric Holder and Rebecca Blank, acting deputy Commerce secretary, are set to launch a campaign Tuesday at the White House to alert the public to the dangers of buying counterfeit goods.

"This is increasingly not simply a matter of `mom and pop' violations at the corner of Fourth and Main," Morton said Monday. "We are worried about organized crime and (that profits) are going to fuel other criminal activity."

Morton would not say if organized criminal groups are suspected of running any of the seized sites to help fund other criminal acts.

Some counterfeit goods, including medications and electronics, can also pose a health risk, Morton said.

Morton and Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer, who leads the Justice Department's criminal division, said Monday that in the latest crackdown authorities seized 150 website domain names where fake goods were being sold to unsuspecting bargain hunters.

"This is straight crime," Morton said. "This is people being duped into buying a counterfeit."

The federal government has seized the domain names of 350 websites since first targeting online counterfeiters in June 2010. Each investigation, Morton said, has grown.

Visitors to the seized domains are now greeted with a message from federal authorities explaining that the site has been seized by the government and a warning that "willful copyright infringement is a federal crime."

Morton and Breuer said while the domain names were registered in the United States, most of the websites were run from abroad, primarily in China. No one has been charged with a crime in connection with the most recently seized domains. But Breuer said the investigations are ongoing.

Earlier this year five people were indicted in Virginia on conspiracy and copyright infringement charges for their roles in operating a website that the Justice Department said allowed people to illegally download high-quality movies and television shows.

Four people accused of running NinjaVideo.net have pleaded guilty. A fifth person is being sought.

It's unclear how much money the seized sites have made, or potentially cost legitimate companies. Breuer said since the crackdown on counterfeit sellers started last year, Internet users have gone to the seized domains more than 77 million times.

"Typically we don't track the volumes of sales of these particular sites," Morton said, adding that criminal organizations often hide ill-gotten profits. "It is very large figures. Well, well above millions."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/29/feds-set-to-launch-campaign-to-crack-down-on-sellers-fake-goods/#ixzz1f6fjKKHh

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I went to the Raiders game on sunday and the guy in front of me had a fake Palmer jersey on. It's pathetic these Chinese companies can't even get a Raiders jersey right. The numbers were way too thick and the NOB was in a rounded font. I noticed quite a few fakes at the game

I went to the Raiders game on sunday and the guy in front of me had a fake Palmer jersey on. It's pathetic these Chinese companies can't even get a Raiders jersey right. The numbers were way too thick and the NOB was in a rounded font. I noticed quite a few fakes at the game

But what's funny is that the same guy would find it pathetic that you posted about his jersey on a message board.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

But what's funny is that the same guy would find it pathetic that you posted about his jersey on a message board.

:rolleyes:

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

I you want to buy something,then buy it.

[spamlink]

Really!?!? I didn't realize that if I wanted something to purchase, all I had to do was, you know, purchase it! I didn't realize we lived in a Capitalist system which allows for the free trade of goods for money! Really, this is news to me. 'If you want to buy something,then buy it.' Ingenious. Thanks for this advice, spammer! Does this even apply to stuff I can't even afford? Well, I want a yacht, a private jet and a Bugatti, so I guess I can just buy them! God bless America. *goes out to buy yacht, private jet and a Bugatti*

spacer.png

is there a way to foward some of these websites to the government? i feel like i/(we all could) maybe help out a little bit

Of course there is. I'm sure with a quick Google search you could locate organizations whose sole mission is to combat this sort of thing and to report everything they can to the appropriate authorities.

That doesn't mean that it's a big enough deal to have anything done about it, though. You could call the cops on someone driving over the speed limit, and you'd technically be right for reporting them. Whether they consider it a big enough deal to do anything about, is a different story.

is there a way to foward some of these websites to the government? i feel like i/(we all could) maybe help out a little bit

Of course there is. I'm sure with a quick Google search you could locate organizations whose sole mission is to combat this sort of thing and to report everything they can to the appropriate authorities.

That doesn't mean that it's a big enough deal to have anything done about it, though. You could call the cops on someone driving over the speed limit, and you'd technically be right for reporting them. Whether they consider it a big enough deal to do anything about, is a different story.

Again with the speeding?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

International AntiCounterfeiting Coalition

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Think it?s no big deal to buy a counterfeit pair of Nike shoes? Think again. Nike ? with counterfeited merchandise including items like hats, T-shirts, shoes and more ? is one of the top 10 brands counterfeited according to a 2005 report compiled by industry expert Glen Gieschen. In fact, in 1996, the FBI confiscated 100,000 T-shirts bearing the fake Nike "swoosh" logo. The operation generated millions of dollars and was run by the followers of Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman ? a cleric who was later sentenced to 240 years in prison for plotting to bomb New York City landmarks.
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

What's funny is how poorly you read. I said the companies are pathetic, not the guy wearing the jersey

What's funny is how poorly you read. I said the companies are pathetic, not the guy wearing the jersey

What's funny (or not?) is that I know what you said. The guy would still find it pathetic.

So...by buying counterfeit items we are supporting terrorism.

And I thought the speeding analogy was reaching.

What part of what you quoted is reaching? Certainly not 100% of counterfeits "support terrorism" but if you ignore the fairly common links to these organizations and path of money you almost have to be willfully blind to it.

What part of what you quoted is reaching? Certainly not 100% of counterfeits "support terrorism" but if you ignore the fairly common links to these organizations and path of money you almost have to be willfully blind to it.

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. George W. Bush.