The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

I like the use of "its an economic issue" to justify IP theft, especially in an on-line community populated by designers and logo/uniform fans.

For me its a legal issue, first off its the duty of the Federal government to:

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

Also "At this point, I think it's incumbent on the NFL to react to the secondhand market"? Why is it the duty of the person or party that is the victim in this situation to prevent the wrong doing? (Should iPhones and Plasma TVs be cheaper because people want to steal them.) As a similiar example, many people think that NFL tickets are too expensive, however at the first sight of a fake ticket a person is not getting into a game why is that practice not tolerated, but fake jereys etc... are?

Creative America

Petition to Congress on this matter

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Point or order: I'm not justifying anything. I'm simply explaining (which again, doesn't mean "justifying") my opinion of why a black market for NFL jerseys exists.

And yes, if the NFL wants to protect its IP, it should actually protect its IP. It's what major corporations do, and it seems like hiring eBay monitors would be well within the scope of the NFL's or Reebok's normal IP protection processes. But I don't know; I don't work in IP protection.

Also, black markets do indeed exist for consumer electronics because people can't afford the originals. It's regrettable, but again, explainable for many economic reasons.

EDIT: It's also standard practice to warn people they're clicking on a PDF.

EDIT again: SOPA has nothing to do with this and is better left way off of this board.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

EDIT: It's also standard practice to warn people they're clicking on a PDF.

Not to be a smart ass but why? I have never heard that before, are they prone to viruses?

And yes, if the NFL wants to protect its IP, it should actually protect its IP. It's what major corporations do, and it seems like hiring eBay monitors would be well within the scope of the NFL's or Reebok's normal IP protection processes. But I don't know; I don't work in IP protection.

Actually, the Main 4 leagues, plus NASCAR and the NCAA do this. eBay has people that do this as well.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Then it sounds like the fakes must be pretty good to get past the leagues' own watchdogs. :)

PDF plugins take a while to load, can crash, and yes, can carry viruses. They're also a pain on mobile browsers.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Then it sounds like the fakes must be pretty good to get past the leagues' own watchdogs. :)

I actually know an eBay employees that does it. He told me that for every counterfit posting they remove 3 more pop up in its place. Also, a large percentage of the fakes on eBay are so bad that they go unsold and the leaguse focus on the source as opposed to individual postings of items.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

• 2 weeks later...

Way, way back I promised to post pictures of my Durant China counterfeit. After a long wait, here they are. They main reason that I bought this China counterfeit is because I can't find any Kevin Durant Sonics gear from any legitimate sales.

DurantJerseypic1.jpg

DJP4.jpg

DJP3.jpg

DJP2.jpg

Sure, there are some obvious flaws, most notably the orange piping around the neck instead of yellow, but for $28, I'm happy with what I got.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Way, way back I promised to post pictures of my Durant China counterfeit. After a long wait, here they are. They main reason that I bought this China counterfeit is because I can't find any Kevin Durant Sonics gear from any legitimate sales.

DurantJerseypic1.jpg

DJP4.jpg

DJP3.jpg

DJP2.jpg

Sure, there are some obvious flaws, most notably the orange piping around the neck instead of yellow, but for $28, I'm happy with what I got.

Yeah, that's not bad at all. First of all that orange looks more goldish to me, and I wouldn't have even noticed much of a color difference if you didn't say anything.

I think that jersey looks great. For $28, you surely came out on top here.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Was in a perfectly legit independent store this weekend, and was surprised to find a lot of knockoffs. A lot of legit jerseys, too.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

NFL%20Jerseys%20Washington%20Redskins%20Moss%2089%20red.jpg

Saw this on Borntrade. I guess they used the wrong Moss' font from some of Randy's Pats jerseys.

On a side note, anyone know what the best looking Redskins fakes are? My roommate is a Skins fan and I want to get one for him for his birthday which is relatively soon. No, I am not a scumbag, we just really only exchange gifts of about $25 or so and I am sure he wouldn't care if it's fake. I'll tell him, but honestly he probably wouldn't know anyway.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

NFL%20Jerseys%20Washington%20Redskins%20Moss%2089%20red.jpg

Saw this on Borntrade. I guess they used the wrong Moss' font from some of Randy's Pats jerseys.

On a side note, anyone know what the best looking Redskins fakes are? My roommate is a Skins fan and I want to get one for him for his birthday which is relatively soon. No, I am not a scumbag, we just really only exchange gifts of about $25 or so and I am sure he wouldn't care if it's fake. I'll tell him, but honestly he probably wouldn't know anyway.

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3612504&cp=2237636.2247558&pageType=family&parentPage=family

25 bucks and guaranteed to be good looking

spacer.png

spacer.png

DurantJerseypic1.jpg

DJP4.jpg

DJP3.jpg

DJP2.jpg

Yeah, that's not bad at all. First of all that orange looks more goldish to me, and I wouldn't have even noticed much of a color difference if you didn't say anything.

The wavy material on the 35 is a giveaway too.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

DurantJerseypic1.jpg

DJP4.jpg

DJP3.jpg

DJP2.jpg

The wavy material on the 35 is a giveaway too.

Are you sure about that? A lot of NBA jerseys in the past decade or so have had shiny/wavy material on various parts of their uniforms, including numbers. Are you sure the Sonics didn't during that era?

Just as a side note, I actually think that wavy material makes the jersey look even better.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I am positive that the wavy material used on the 35 is the wrong material.

That's the easiest way to spot counterfeits. If they have shiny numbering/lettering, they're fake. The actual twill material used for jerseys is expensive, so they counterfeiters can't use it and sell them for so cheap, that's why they use a lesser quality material, which is usually shiny.

I am positive that the wavy material used on the 35 is the wrong material.

That's the easiest way to spot counterfeits. If they have shiny numbering/lettering, they're fake. The actual twill material used for jerseys is expensive, so they counterfeiters can't use it and sell them for so cheap, that's why they use a lesser quality material, which is usually shiny.

Also the fakes rarely if ever use the zig zag stitching.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011