The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

A guy at bowling comes over to tell me he's getting a couple dozen authentic Pats jerseys, everything stitched "like the real ones."

And because he's getting so many, he's getting them for the "awesome low price of $24.99 each!!!"

He went to the pro shop to compare and they are "around $220. I started laughing because of the deal I was getting!"

He then tells me he'll sell me one for $40 cus he knows me.

I told him he was getting fakes.

He does not believe me.

I'll see Wednesday night. This ought to be good.

cant wait to hear

spacer.png

spacer.png

One thing that nobody has seemed to acknowledge in this thread is that most people who buy counterfeit jerseys do not realize that what they're buying is fake.

Not only do they know they are buying a fake, they brag and flaunt it.

I have to disagree with you about this. The people on this site? Yes, they would know whether or not they're buying a fake. But almost any other sports fan would be clueless. People really underestimate how much the average fan knows about uniforms. Truthfully, they don't know anything about logos and uniforms. Most of the sales of counterfeit uniforms are fans that don't realize what they're buying is fake. People that know they're getting a fake but go ahead with it anyway, sure these people definitely exist, but they don't make up nearly the amount of people that buy counterfeits unknowingly.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

A guy at bowling comes over to tell me he's getting a couple dozen authentic Pats jerseys, everything stitched "like the real ones."

And because he's getting so many, he's getting them for the "awesome low price of $24.99 each!!!"

He went to the pro shop to compare and they are "around $220. I started laughing because of the deal I was getting!"

He does not believe me.

I'd bet the majority of people wearing counterfeits are people like this. They see that a jersey is stitched or a hockey jersey has a fight strap and automatically think it's authentic. I remember once in high school a kid was so proud of the authentic Blackhawks jersey he got for Christmas. It was one of the ones with the dark brown face, super skinny C, and I think the tomahawks were even miscolored. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was fake, but I was pleasantly surprised that one of my friends knew it was fake (and even told the kid.)

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

One thing that nobody has seemed to acknowledge in this thread is that most people who buy counterfeit jerseys do not realize that what they're buying is fake.

I have to disagree with you about this. The people on this site? Yes, they would know whether or not they're buying a fake. But almost any other sports fan would be clueless. People really underestimate how much the average fan knows about uniforms. Truthfully, they don't know anything about logos and uniforms. Most of the sales of counterfeit uniforms are fans that don't realize what they're buying is fake. People that know they're getting a fake but go ahead with it anyway, sure these people definitely exist, but they don't make up nearly the amount of people that buy counterfeits unknowingly.

A large portion of my fans are Detroit sports fans and could careless about logos and jerseys. They all have fakes (Lions and Wings) They know they have fakes and are ok with it because they saved a few bucks.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

But people still get traffic tickets which are not high on the crime scale.

And often, that is a manufactured "crime."

Oh, and I could easily say that Chinese NFL jerseys are not "high on the crime scale."

They might not care or be able to get each person, but when it comes to mass quanities, you are incorrect, they do care.

And a big reason they care is because they need to "do stuff" to justify their existence. Oh, and to get money.

I realize you never stated it, but it seemed the way your argument was leaning.

Yeah, you misunderstood then. I only really say what I mean. I'm not a "hidden messages within my message" kind of guy.

I don't think Federal Law Enforcement are a bunch of busy bodies or self righteous.

If you ever get in trouble for a manufactured crime, you'll see where I'm coming from. If you never have, then you might not see where I am coming from.

Oh, and I don't believe that you aren't a criminal. That's bull :censored:. If you have ever driven over the speed limit, then you are a criminal. Or do you selectively break whichever laws you want, and then complain when other people break laws that you "feel" matter?

I'm stating two facts: it's illegal and it looks terrible.

LOL, so you saying that a nice jersey looks terrible makes it a fact? I guess that fits in well with your "logic."

As Charger said, all crimes are "manufactured." Alot of things haven't been illegal at some point, but then were decided to be illegal. Laws were established to set boundaries since the beginning of lawmaking. To say they are manufactured is redundant. And large scale counterfit jerseys that steal away jobs and money that could reach easily tens of thousands is surely high crime. That isn't petty theft.

Wow, you and Jessie Ventura and Charlie Sheen must see eye to eye on alot given your attitude of conspiracy in the Federal level.

"Do stuff" to justify their existence? No, that's people like yourself who do things that justify their being there. Getting money? Lol, yes because it is a well known fact law enforcement employees in the public sector are the billionaires and millionaires in this country. You are way off base, each Federal level of law enforcement exists to, watch what I do here, ENFORCE LAWS. The laws are there, the FBI agents and DHS agents don't make the laws, they ENFORCE them.

You only say what you mean? Sorry I have to paint a clear picture on everything for you, reading between the lines is surely something that takes at least a high school reading level.

If I get in trouble for one?! LOL. I'm not a criminal, I don't commit crimes. I'm on the side of law enforcement and have decided in my whole life to live without breaking the laws. If these laws that have been made over the past thousands of years upset you so much, go to a country like China where you beautiful jerseys are produced. Surely their laws are more just and punishments much more fair. :rolleyes:

Speeding makes me a criminal? Ok, I am breaking a law by speeding, in that case I guess I'm worthy of the title, using your logic. But then I abide by laws I "feel" are worthy? Like not killing, raping, assaulting, manufacturing/selling drugs, counterfit, etc. Should I keep going? Crimes can be misdemeanor or felony, and in the law enforcement field such offenses as speeding are not referred to criminally, thus traffic court and traffic violations, not criminal court or criminal violations. The laws have established what crimes are severe and how severe they are, I choose to not be involved in criminal activity that is far worse.

And it is a fact they don't look nice. It's not my opinion, it looks cheap.

Anything else? I feel like I should charge you for this lesson on criminal law in the United States. You did, what you claim you don't, and didn't say what you meant. You implied you had been in trouble for being a criminal. So I guess that's why you dislike law enforcement so much, criminals usually do. Sorry I'm not sorry.

2ly2w09.jpg

A large portion of my fans are Detroit sports fans and could careless about logos and jerseys. They all have fakes (Lions and Wings) They know they have fakes and are ok with it because they saved a few bucks.

I suppose we all have anecdotal stories on this, but while I agree with -Dan on the issue in general, I tend to think that most people don't recognize that they are getting fake jerseys. Of course us "nerds" get it and most of us can pick 'em out. But it seems to me that most people don't notice some of the things we do. They don't notice "bubbly numbers" or even incorrect details. They don't remember that Player X was gone before that jersey even existed or that that old Twins wordmark should not match that current twins sleeve patch. I can only speculate the degree to which they would care if they did know...(Probably not alot)

I'd say most fake jersey owners just think they found a good deal and that most that get their product with the big wordmark (MLB), wrong number font, slightly wrong color, etc. don't really notice it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I did have some doubts about the AI one because of the price but Shawn Kemp one looked okish.

How could you tell they are fake though?

My first thought was that the Kemp jersey looks OK, but look at the transition from the orange-ish color to yellow on the circle and compare to the real thing.

Also note the outlines...looks like the real one has a way thicker yellow and thin red on the "40", whereas the ebay ones are the same width. The color of the ball looks gray on the ebay one and pretty much the dull orange of the real ball on the Kemp photo. There are a few other small things too.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Those both look real. Swingmans (Swingmen?) are hard to fake. The overwhelming majority of fakes are advertised as "authentic" as it is actually easier to fake a sewn, tackle twill jersey. Also, who really wants to fake a product with a mid-level price point? People want to fake the expensive one. I think you're good to go.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

My first thought was that the Kemp jersey looks OK, but look at the transition from the orange-ish color to yellow on the circle and compare to the real thing.

Also note the outlines...looks like the real one has a way thicker yellow and thin red on the "40", whereas the ebay ones are the same width. The color of the ball looks gray on the ebay one and pretty much the dull orange of the real ball on the Kemp photo. There are a few other small things too.

Thanks man, wouldn't have noticed these small things just by myself.

Also, who really wants to fake a product with a mid-level price point? People want to fake the expensive one.

I don't know about that. He's sold 71 Iverson jerseys, for $48.99 each that would make him $3478. That's a lot of profit on fake jerseys.

World famous para-athlete Rick Hansen.

WHHYYYYYY!!?!?!??!

252008_10150200055256470_245539921469_7478003_7928106_n.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

WHHYYYYYY!!?!?!??!

Oh god why....

Because

1) He is a grown man who can wear what he wants (does he make fun of what you wear?) and

2) Most people wouldn't think it's a counterfeit. I wouldn't have thought it was a counterfeit if it wasn't posted in this thread. Is it counterfeit? Or are you upset that he is in a Canucks jersey?

I think it looks good on him. It's a nice jersey.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

2) Most people wouldn't think it's a counterfeit. I wouldn't have thought it was a counterfeit if it wasn't posted in this thread. Is it counterfeit?

Well if looooogodud can't tell the difference then its all good.

Really, it seems that loooogodud's opinion of the quality and legality of counterfeit jerseys is the CCSLC equivalent of "Well, my mom thinks I'm cool".

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

He does not believe me.

cant wait to hear

He got them.

Now, I'm no expert, but thanks to this thread I told him what was different about his purchases:

Extra shiny numbers and the letters in the names on back were too big.

His response:

"Ahhh, who cares, people will like the price and probably not notice these things."

I told him he was right.

sig-1.png

WHHYYYYYY!!?!?!??!

Oh god why....

Because

1) He is a grown man who can wear what he wants (does he make fun of what you wear?) and

2) Most people wouldn't think it's a counterfeit. I wouldn't have thought it was a counterfeit if it wasn't posted in this thread. Is it counterfeit? Or are you upset that he is in a Canucks jersey?

Remember that time I destroyed your logic Shock and Awe style? (see: Iraq War Shock and Awe for reference).

And you didn't respond, just tucked your tail between your legs and left the thread?

Let's get back to the part where you leave, regardless of how it's done, and don't come back. Your flawed criminal logic and stupidity is mind boggling.

Maybe he would make fun of what I wear, but guess what? I'm not a picture of a counterfit jersey on a site where people are uni/logo enthusiasts.

Most people here, would know it's a fake. You wouldn't know, because attention to detail and reality are two things you don't have a very firm grasp on.

Upset it's a Canucks jersey? Great argument, not like a Canucks fan also said, "Oh God why..." That could have been an Islanders jersey, and I'm sure for Nash could have been a Blue Jackets jersey and the reaction would be the same.

You think it looks good on him because your taste in quality has already been established as piss poor.

Go back to your Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura conspiracy theory pages about the "man" being after you and "wasting time" on what your high IQ self doesn't consider a crime.

2ly2w09.jpg