The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Hi Guys; I was hoping somebody could help me out with an early 90s NBA jersey...

Back in the early to mid 90;s, Starter NBA jerseys were a huge trend in Australia (and the satin jackets, to a lesser extent). Was Starter a legitimate manufacturer of the lower end NBA jerseys? I know that Champion were making the screen printed jerseys in the mid-90s. Here is an image of something I'm watching on ebay, does it look legit?

Cheers

hornetsstarter.jpg

Hi Guys; I was hoping somebody could help me out with an early 90s NBA jersey...

Back in the early to mid 90;s, Starter NBA jerseys were a huge trend in Australia (and the satin jackets, to a lesser extent). Was Starter a legitimate manufacturer of the lower end NBA jerseys? I know that Champion were making the screen printed jerseys in the mid-90s. Here is an image of something I'm watching on ebay, does it look legit?

Cheers

hornetsstarter.jpg

I'm not 100% sure because I'm on my tablet right now but those pinstripes look awfl thick. Again, I don't know for sure.

Cheers

hornetsstarter.jpg

I'm not 100% sure because I'm on my tablet right now but those pinstripes look awfl thick. Again, I don't know for sure.

I'll add one other thing; these were basically like the equivilant of Swingmans today - they were at a lower price point, and none of them had the players name on the back - jerseys with players names on the back were twice as expensive. I was so young during this period; I can't really remember much - but I believe these were available at retail stores. But from a few google searches, I'm having trouble finding much info about Starter and NBA jerseys. It's possible that a wave of fake Starter NBA jerseys hit Australia but I was too young and naive to be aware of this at the time.

Cheers

hornetsstarter.jpg

Real or fake, that looks like crap and nothing like what the Hornets wore.

spikes.jpg

Cheers

hornetsstarter.jpg

Starter didn't start making NBA unis until the late 90's - I think it was 1998. That Hornets jersey is a definate fake - it looks like it was made based on a vague description of an actual jersey...

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I don't know I couldn't find a size anywhere.

Could be legit, I have a Sand-Knit home version of that jersey and the star's freakin' enormous, much bigger than it looked on the actual unis.