charger77

The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Hi Guys; I was hoping somebody could help me out with an early 90s NBA jersey...

Back in the early to mid 90;s, Starter NBA jerseys were a huge trend in Australia (and the satin jackets, to a lesser extent). Was Starter a legitimate manufacturer of the lower end NBA jerseys? I know that Champion were making the screen printed jerseys in the mid-90s. Here is an image of something I'm watching on ebay, does it look legit?

Cheers

hornetsstarter.jpg

Hi Guys; I was hoping somebody could help me out with an early 90s NBA jersey...

Back in the early to mid 90;s, Starter NBA jerseys were a huge trend in Australia (and the satin jackets, to a lesser extent). Was Starter a legitimate manufacturer of the lower end NBA jerseys? I know that Champion were making the screen printed jerseys in the mid-90s. Here is an image of something I'm watching on ebay, does it look legit?

Cheers

hornetsstarter.jpg

I'm not 100% sure because I'm on my tablet right now but those pinstripes look awfl thick. Again, I don't know for sure.

Cheers

hornetsstarter.jpg

I'm not 100% sure because I'm on my tablet right now but those pinstripes look awfl thick. Again, I don't know for sure.

I'll add one other thing; these were basically like the equivilant of Swingmans today - they were at a lower price point, and none of them had the players name on the back - jerseys with players names on the back were twice as expensive. I was so young during this period; I can't really remember much - but I believe these were available at retail stores. But from a few google searches, I'm having trouble finding much info about Starter and NBA jerseys. It's possible that a wave of fake Starter NBA jerseys hit Australia but I was too young and naive to be aware of this at the time.

Cheers

hornetsstarter.jpg

Real or fake, that looks like crap and nothing like what the Hornets wore.

I remember getting a jersey from there 10 years, and it was fine(Deutscher eishockey bund).

Trusted or not?

Hockey Giant

Legit...I buy gear from them

And they have Mooterus for $25!

Cheers

hornetsstarter.jpg

Starter didn't start making NBA unis until the late 90's - I think it was 1998. That Hornets jersey is a definate fake - it looks like it was made based on a vague description of an actual jersey...

Trusted or not?

Hockey Giant

They also have the old Might Ducks teal jersey (not the Wild Wing)... in toddler size

I might just get it to hang up in my room or something.

Trusted or not?

Hockey Giant

That's why I was asking about the site tbh.

Looks fake to me and has the token china fake price tag.

I don't know I couldn't find a size anywhere.

Could be legit, I have a Sand-Knit home version of that jersey and the star's freakin' enormous, much bigger than it looked on the actual unis.