The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

For those that are debating buying a $30-$40 knock off or the $100 replica jersey I will put it to you like this.

The quality of the material on the knock offs are just as good if not better than the replica. Nike makes all of their products in third world countries just like the bootleggers but unlike the bootleggers they have a high overhead to cover with licensing, advertising, and endorsement deals. Also, while you can tell a knock off from an authentic upon close inspection you can spot the "cheap" replica a mile away.

Looks like Loooooooooogodude is back

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

For those that are debating buying a $30-$40 knock off or the $100 replica jersey I will put it to you like this.

The quality of the material on the knock offs are just as good if not better than the replica. Nike makes all of their products in third world countries just like the bootleggers but unlike the bootleggers they have a high overhead to cover with licensing, advertising, and endorsement deals. Also, while you can tell a knock off from an authentic upon close inspection you can spot the "cheap" replica a mile away.

Looks like Loooooooooogodude is back

Sure? I would have thought it would be spelled either ooldschoolfan or oldschooolfan

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I LOL'd

If I'm not mistaken I'm thinking this guy is on here just to promote that site that he is likely employed by, or runs himself. If they are of higher quality than the licensed ones then why on earth not charge more? It is better product after all no? I'm also pretty sure you don't need close inspection to see that the colour of a jersey is incorrect, or that the logo is 10 times to big.

first, i'm discussing about the topic here with everybody .second, i didnt refer that the knockoffs are of higher quality than the licened ones , i mean they are nearly the same if you check my message carefully .

They look like :censored: . You're trying to argue this why?

Manchester-City-icon.png

I LOL'd

If I'm not mistaken I'm thinking this guy is on here just to promote that site that he is likely employed by, or runs himself. If they are of higher quality than the licensed ones then why on earth not charge more? It is better product after all no? I'm also pretty sure you don't need close inspection to see that the colour of a jersey is incorrect, or that the logo is 10 times to big.

first, i'm discussing about the topic here with everybody .second, i didnt refer that the knockoffs are of higher quality than the licened ones , i mean they are nearly the same if you check my message carefully .

Then you have zero knowledge about quality or IP theft.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I LOL'd

I'm really starting to believe that this guy is Loooooooooooooooooooooooooogodude.

I LOL'd

I'm really starting to believe that this guy is Loooooooooooooooooooooooooogodude.

That would make sense given the timing and the devotion to this issue. But I am getting a different vibe. This guy almost seems to have a vested interest, whereas Logodude just had to keep talking about it and bringing up silly side arguments.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I LOL'd

That would make sense given the timing and the devotion to this issue. But I am getting a different vibe. This guy almost seems to have a vested interest, whereas Logodude just had to keep talking about it and bringing up silly side arguments.

What about the fact that this guy's account was opened the day after looooooooogodud was banned?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Are you aware of Calgary Flames?Right,it is that team in which Jarome Iginla is.The Jarome Iginla jersey are filled with mystical colors.Put on the authentic Iginla jersey and you will turn the teammate with Jarome Iginla.What a sacred feeling!When Jarome Iginla wears the authentic Iginla jersey and runs on the field,he is just like a demon.Iginla,wearing the jersey,shows the leader's quality.Put on the Flames Jarome Iginla jersey to watch a game of the Calgary Flames.As the new power,you will love the hockey style of the Flames.Now join in the Calgary Flames club,and you can feel the existence of the new power.

Hilarious! :lol:

Thinking about buying a China counterfeit jersey chair?

298171_273782139313725_156234569_n.jpg

417682_368238256534779_426689932_n.jpg

http://www.chairsrus.ca/

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I am thinking about buying a china counterfeit - mainly to completely strip for a concept DIY. Can't find any other alternative unless someone knows of a site that sells a blank brown and gold baseball jersey (in the style of the 1978 Padres) or even a blank brown jersey. Not looking to spend that much and site must ship to Canada with shipping not being insane and not only by UPS (has insane brokerage fees that should be illegal).

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

This one takes some close inspection to spot any differences. Clearly better than anything legit the NHL has ever produced. (If you look very carefully, you might be able to spot a slight mistake)

666flames.jpg

Hmmm...

3_hours_later.jpg

The left sleeve is missing a number! upside.gif

No the red bleeds through the chest stripe

Exposgotrobbed94.png

Never Forget 1994

expostimeline.png

Lincecum Eephus Pitch

• 4 weeks later...

I was at the Indiana State Fair the other day and one of the carnival games where you shoot a free throw through one of those tiny, tiny hoops, the prizes were knock-off NBA jerseys! Some of the ones I could easily tell were fake were pinstriped Reggie Miller and "hardwood classics" Larry Bird jerseys (they looked good but the dead giveaway was that the numbers were incredibly thick). First of all, I find this absolutely ridiculous that the carnie people bought these cheap counterfeit jerseys, make a fortune off them, and people who win them probably have no idea they did not win an actual authentic jersey. Then again, you get what you pay for and $5 for 3 shots might win you a fake jersey. Anyone else think this is just pitiful? I would love to complain to some fair personnel about this but I'm sure they aren't even affiliated or don't even care. At least at Kings Island, when you play the pitching game, you can win a LICENSED REPLICA Reds jersey.

Zach.

I was at the Indiana State Fair the other day and one of the carnival games where you shoot a free throw through one of those tiny, tiny hoops, the prizes were knock-off NBA jerseys! Some of the ones I could easily tell were fake were pinstriped Reggie Miller and "hardwood classics" Larry Bird jerseys (they looked good but the dead giveaway was that the numbers were incredibly thick). First of all, I find this absolutely ridiculous that the carnie people bought these cheap counterfeit jerseys, make a fortune off them, and people who win them probably have no idea they did not win an actual authentic jersey. Then again, you get what you pay for and $5 for 3 shots might win you a fake jersey. Anyone else think this is just pitiful? I would love to complain to some fair personnel about this but I'm sure they aren't even affiliated or don't even care. At least at Kings Island, when you play the pitching game, you can win a LICENSED REPLICA Reds jersey.

Do you think Carnies care? They're already scamming you with the rigged games.

3_hours_later.jpg

if you didn't read this in your head with a French accent, turn off your computer and go feel shame

lol i totally read it in a french accent!

honestly i've gotten some knockoff soccer jerseys on ebay and you can't tell the difference between those and actual replicas. Not saying all knockoffs are that good but in my experience they've looked really good.

My cousin got some knockoff Nfl jerseys and well i can totally tell they're fake. Cheap stitching shiny bubbly numbers. Extra shiny shimmer sheen material. With that being said those don't seeem too uncommon and the reebok jerseys werent that good, plus keep in mind that most people on here obsess over little details that the average fan won't even realize. Havent seen any real or fake nike jerseys up close so i can't comment.

honestly i've gotten some knockoff soccer jerseys on ebay and you can't tell the difference between those and actual replicas. Not saying all knockoffs are that good but in my experience they've looked really good.

In my experience the knockoff soccer jerseys are generally of a much higher quality than the ones for US leagues. I presume this is because people in China are familiar with soccer and will occasionally see the real thing in shops and on the streets, whereas you would never see a Calgary Flames jersey anywhere in China (unless someone from Calgary happened to be on vacation). From being in China I can tell you that soccer knockoffs are commonly seen on young guys whereas I would imagine 99.99% of fake NHL jerseys are exported.

In other words, an upside down Arsenal crest would never go unnoticed.