NHL Stadium Series Jerseys

Anubis2051

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, from the Blackhawks Store on Michigan Avenue, here's the alleged scoop.

- First off, still no known date for the unveiling or availability for purchase. So, good work on the holiday sales, NHL marketing department.

- Despite the red shirseys for sale, Hawks' Stadium Series jersey will supposedly be BLACK.

- It will also apparently stay true to Reebok's template for the other teams. Incomplete sleeve stripes, diagonal numbers, "chrome" crest, angled sides on the hem, all that.

- The team allegedly wanted to go for a more traditional throwback - "1960s with a lace-up neck" - but the league (and Reebok, presumably) pushed hard for the template, which would fit with the "Reebok taking the lead" that's been said previously.

- The Blackhawks Store doesn't plan on stocking a large number, and the team has no intention of making the jersey an alternate going forward, like they did with their Winter Classic throwbacks. "One and done", I was told.

- Piecing all of that together without having seen anything, I'm thinking: old black 3rd, with "chrome" crest & the Stadium Series template quirks, more or less.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So from that Blackhawks info, it seems like Reebok really wanted the template look for everyone. I wonder how the Devils were the only team to say no.

Also, here are Eddie Lack's pads for the Heritage Classic (although he will probably be on the bench)

d080176072e98e6bdeca47f2c1e6e395.png

Right, can't blame anyone but the teams. Since this series is new, there's likely no language in the contract that stipulates that RBK can force their designs on x of y teams. NJ routinely says FU, and so could anyone else. Maybe RBK is cutting side deals and some teams take them. Either way it's on the team.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I wonder how the Devils were the only team to say no.

They overheard Lamoriello talking about signing Keith Tkachuk to 42 over 6 with a no-trade and thought it best not to press the issue any further. Others in the Devils organization were worried he would again threaten to "make pee-pants," as he called it, like he did when Jagr wanted to wear a number over 50.

Anyway, moving on from the "Lou Lamoriello is rapidly losing his faculties" meme, I'm not at all surprised that the Hawks put up a fight with their uniform. McDonough is pretty defensive of The Brand, having discontinued the 1996 blacks and the Winter Classic alternate once its purpose had been served. But it's no shock they ultimately lost out; this year's Blackhawks have had a lot of trouble stopping other people's power plays.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

(shameless plug)

Here is what I think the Blackhawks will unveil based off the info above

CHIFSG_zps701d574a.png

Love the black, but I absolutely hate the chromed crest, the jagged waist stripe and hem, and the diagonal letters.

I'm glad this stadium thing is a one-time use uniform.

They should bring back this as a third and be done with it:

hawksbench.jpg

5amlwx.jpg

(shameless plug)

CHIFSG_zps701d574a.png

Love the black, but I absolutely hate the chromed crest, the jagged waist stripe and hem, and the diagonal letters.

They should bring back this as a third and be done with it:

hawksbench.jpg

The Indian head looks so he happy that he's glowing.

Who's #22? First glance made me think it was Kesler but that doesn't make sense at all.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

(shameless plug)

CHIFSG_zps701d574a.png

They should bring back this as a third and be done with it:hawksbench.jpg

Who's #22? First glance made me think it was Kesler but that doesn't make sense at all.

(shameless plug)

CHIFSG_zps701d574a.png

They should bring back this as a third and be done with it:hawksbench.jpg

A quick search tells me that that's Troy Brouwer, but yeah, weird.

Why does everyone here insist upon the Blackhawks wearing anything in place of their red sweater?

Because sometimes they have to play on the road?

In all seriousness (and putting team rivalries aside), I generally agree: the reds are great.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Why does everyone here insist upon the Blackhawks wearing anything in place of their red sweater?

Because sometimes they have to play on the road?

In all seriousness (and putting team rivalries aside), I generally agree: the reds are great.

I love the reds, but in all honesty they should have a black jersey. Thought would be like having the Cincinnati Reds wearing a jersey that isn't red or the Cleveland Browns wearing a jersey that isn't brown or the St. Louis Blues wearing a jersey that isn't blue full time, like the Blackhawks wear red. There's a logical reason for having the Blackhawks in a black jersey. It would probably be so much better not to have the indian head on the black jersey, because I think the indian head gets lost on it. If you had a beautiful "Chicago" script or something in place of the indian head, it would look better.

Archived