NHL Stadium Series Jerseys

Anubis2051

Looking at the crap other teams have unveiled, I'm glad the Kings didn't cave in to Reebok's big ideas. As much as I don't like the black/silver color scheme on the Kings, it's the only Stadium Series sweater that looks like it could be a full-time set, chrome and all.

What. Apart from a lack of side panels, the Kings' jersey has the entire Stadium Series schtick. Enlarged back numbers? Check. Slanted sleeve numbers and sleeve stripes? Check and check. Terrible yoke? Check. Angled hem stripe? Check.

They definitely caved to Reebok.

I'm pretty sure there were stories of Reebok putting together a worse look for the Kings and the Kings putting their foot down and saying no.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, the Devils put their foot down and said no. They're the only team that did that. The Kings certainly did not put their foot down and say no.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Looking at the crap other teams have unveiled, I'm glad the Kings didn't cave in to Reebok's big ideas. As much as I don't like the black/silver color scheme on the Kings, it's the only Stadium Series sweater that looks like it could be a full-time set, chrome and all.

What. Apart from a lack of side panels, the Kings' jersey has the entire Stadium Series schtick. Enlarged back numbers? Check. Slanted sleeve numbers and sleeve stripes? Check and check. Terrible yoke? Check. Angled hem stripe? Check.

They definitely caved to Reebok.

I'm pretty sure there were stories of Reebok putting together a worse look for the Kings and the Kings putting their foot down and saying no.

Rangers had better looking, pinstriped, jerseys and MLB said they couldn't do that.

Anubis.png

How do the tilted numbers improve visibility?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Uh, the Devils put their foot down and said no. They're the only team that did that. The Kings certainly did not put their foot down and say no.

Did I miss the Devils release?

i doubt there will be one, they are just going to wear the xmas sweaters, unless they are trolling us and will unveil a reebok mess of a red and green jersey.

My Devils are the last ones and I agree I wouldn't expect the Devils to make any big on unveil; not the Devils style. What apparently is going around is that it will be basically the red and green Saint Patty's Day unis with the chrome Devils logo. Nice to see the Rags will be dressed in a sub par uni versus us. Love that the Devils will be the home team in Yankee Stadium. I know its because the Rags can't be the home team outside of the Garden but its extra sweet because Lou is part of owner of the Yanks and follows their hard line on tradition, success, and facial hair even though their methods of building teams couldn't be any different. He even has a ring from the 2009 WS. No small coincidence that the Yanks and Devils success have almost paralleled one another over the last 20 plus years and have been models for success.

im pretty sure the devils and islanders are home teams because the rangers didn't want to give up valuable home games at the new garden vs their rivals...islanders only had one true home game at the coliseum vs the rangers, what a joke.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

I agree that this would have been a perfect time to bring back Lady Liberty.

Even throwing it on the shoulder would've counted for something. Such a shame that they can't find a better place to use that logo than the practice jerseys. It seems like the NHL is really trying to emphasize the regions in the Yankee and Dodger stadium games (NEW YORK script vs. interlocking NY/NJ logos; LA vs OC shoulder patches).

My 2 cents on the chrome logos:

The chrome treatment works great on simple, three colour logos. I can safely say that feature makes the two jerseys below. Somewhat surprised at the negative response the rangers jersey is getting. Ditch the side panels and it looks perfect.

00wk.jpg
dvzw.jpg

On complicated crests like the other 5 teams however, the chrome treatment looks terrible. That Kings logo in particular was unnecessarily complicated to begin with. Adding the chrome effect turns it into a hot mess.

wqcr.jpg

I honestly like how fresh and new all of these jerseys are. It's a feel-good change from all the faux-retro jerseys we've been seeing over and over and over again.

These jerseys would not get a pass, if they were going to be used full-time. But as a 1-time (or maybe 2 or 3 time) thing, I'm all for it.

That Kings logo in particular was unnecessarily complicated to begin with. Adding the chrome effect turns it into a hot mess.

wqcr.jpg

Honestly, I don't like most of the chrome logos, but IMO, it actually works for the Kings only because it's the crown logo. The "home plate" crest would look awful chromed out.

1471307_689708377735571_215445482_n.png

Kings, Blackhawks, and Devils look good.... the rest look like crap.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived