Anubis2051

NHL Stadium Series Jerseys

I'm a bit suspicious of the Devils one. I think someone took a guess to fill in the blank...it looks too much like the (sexy) original Devils jersey. No jock tag, goofy laces, etc.

I'm a bit suspicious of the Devils one. I think someone took a guess to fill in the blank...it looks too much like the (sexy) original Devils jersey. No jock tag, goofy laces, etc.

haven't we been told they were gonna be the original xmas sweaters, even if it is just a fill in it would still be correct

I'm actually dispointed that the Devils won't have a chrome look. I don't understand their decision; why not give it a shot for a game?

Why are all the jerseys baggy, except Penner's, which looks like it's a size too small

1) That's Getzlaf not Penner

2) For whatever reason, he's wearing a replica and not an authentic.

That's gotta be a CCM Vintage jersey in that graphic for the Devils. There's no NHL shield on the neck, and even their on-ice throwback had it.

Aren't the devils an away team, thus have a white jersey?

But it's an outdoor game, so that rule is basically a suggestion thrown out the window rather than a guideline (but teams can ask to have a game where they wear their white sweater at home)

And obviously it was the only thing that Lou would do for a game like that. And the three teams obviously talked together about what colour their sweaters would be, so we could assume the Rangers wanted to have a white sweater.

Nope. The Rangers will be the road team for both games because their contract with MSG prohibits them from drawing revenue as the home team at any NYC venue other than the Garden.

Nope. The Rangers will be the road team for both games because their contract with MSG prohibits them from drawing revenue as the home team at any NYC venue other than the Garden.

Sucks for them, although couldn't they have just hopped over to MetLife Stadium for one of those games?

But if it was against the Devils, they might try to claim it as a home game

Sucks for them, although couldn't they have just hopped over to MetLife Stadium for one of those games?

But if it was against the Devils, they might try to claim it as a home game

The whole point of these two games at YS on the dates chosen was to do it the week leading up to the Super Bowl. Thus, not a chance they could've done it across the river.

But the Rangers are owned by MSG, so I don't get why they wouldn't be allowed to make money off the games. They are getting some money out of it, though, just not what the home share would be?

I don't think there's a traditional home-road share for outdoor games because of how the league is involved in them. I believe it's technically a neutral site.

For what it's worth, the Rangers had a similar roadstand in the NHL Premiere a couple of years ago.

--

Seeing all the Stadium jerseys side by side like that, aside from the Devils going with a throwback I think the Pens have the best of the bunch here. A decent looking uniform with a chrome treatment that's so minimal that it's barely noticeable, so kinda pointless. The Blackhawks look OK too, even though it shares the same problem with the crest not standing out as the jersey it's based on.

The Rangers look alright, though I wonder how readable that lettering will be under a bright light given how reflective the crest material is. The Kings jersey looks alright too, though the chrome effect makes the crown look incredibly muted.

I don't mind the Ducks jersey, it could've used some hemstripes but it's not too bad. Other than the glaring problem with the crest where there's a line going through the middle, where the gradient sorta just stops and throws off the colour balance. I've probably said already that it's enough to put me off buying one, though I may just wait to see the thing in action. Otherwise I'll be treating myself to a Selanne throwback jersey instead :D

Not sure how I feel about the Isles, I liked the full uniform but the minimal amount of orange on the jersey makes it feel a bit plain. The shiny silver outline on a mostly flat white crest looks stupid. It probably would look better with just the white NY on its own, but then there wouldn't be much of any chrome on the logo at all, not that that's a bad thing.

Sorry, if the Rangers and Hawks, two O6 franchises, went and "chromed up" for these games. Something tells me, the Devils did too. It may be more a toned-down look like the Hawks, but I would seriously doubt the Devils are going to get away with just wearing their regular throwbacks, no matter what Old man Lou said before telling Bettman to get off his lawn. It's a privilege to play in one of these games, the Devils (and Islanders for that matter) should just be happy the league is letting them do so since they aren't high-profile franchises.

@BrianLion, believe it or not, the Devils are more traditional with their jerseys than the Rangers or Blackhawks. The Blackhawks had a black alternate during the pre edge era, and now a new SS jersey. The Rangers had 2 different alternates during the pre edge era (white and navy liberty jerseys), a fauxback for the Winter Classic, a fauxback for a full time alternate, and now a new SS jersey.

Since the Devils switched to red and black in 1992, they have had a total of 2 jerseys. Home and Away 3 if you want to count the throwbacks that they wore only 3 times but I dont know if you want to count throwbacks. They probably have the scrictest uniform policy in the entire league

I would seriously doubt the Devils are going to get away with just wearing their regular throwbacks, no matter what Old man Lou said before telling Bettman to get off his lawn.

That was a mailman, actually.

Is that official? The Devils don't even have the RBK logo?

I got it from an email selling the Devils and all Winter Classic Jerseys from NHL.com

Since the Devils switched to red and black in 1992, they have had a total of 2 jerseys. Home and Away 3 if you want to count the throwbacks that they wore only 3 times but I dont know if you want to count throwbacks. They probably have the scrictest uniform policy in the entire league

I'd vote the Red Wings as equal to the Devils. They may have had alternates, but they were worn sparingly (just about the same number of times as the Devils' alternate) and they've had their current design longer than the Devils have had theirs.

So, I saw them all at the Reebok store in Manhattan today. As a native Islander who now lives in Hawks territory, I have to say, the Isles one looks to be the best of the bunch, and the Hawks, the worst. Not surprisingly, my criticism of the Hawks sweater (can I still use that term given what Reebok has done to them???) looks fine in general, and I like the black with red striping, but if you know what a real authentic Hawks crest looks and feels like, this is just a travesty. As for the Isles, I think the "Coors Light Can Chrome" effect actually works b/c the silver is an accessory. The Rangers "NEW YORK" had the same positive effect. The "crests" though, look terrible "chromed." I've heard people say it looks "washed out" and I think that's a fair assessment.

So, that was just my $0.02. Feel free to agree/disagree/question. If I can figure this out, I'll get pictures up in the next day or two, but there's nothing really Earth shattering.

Rob