Anubis2051

NHL Stadium Series Jerseys

nSCDJKo.png

Terr-ib-le

Didn't know it was possible to make the letters that illegible so easily. Awful.

You seriously paid $250 for a screenprinted replica jersey?

You seriously just typed that? Why do you care? I guarantee there are probably 100 if not more things that you buy that I or someone else thinks is a waste of money. So, until you can prove that everything you've purchased no one will question, don't question what others buy with their money.
I was just interested, because I've got several jerseys on my wish list, as well as a son who will go to college someday. So if you're the sort of person who's basically willing to let money fall out of your hands, I want in on that.

nSCDJKo.png

Terr-ib-le

Didn't know it was possible to make the letters that illegible so easily. Awful.

I saw it in person last week. It's not that bad in person. It's the photo.

Two thoughts here...

1) If it's that illegible on your computer screen, I feel bad for what kind of computers you have.

2) Do you really need to be able to perfectly read "NEW YORK" on the front to know it's the Rangers?

Two thoughts here...

1) If it's that illegible on your computer screen, I feel bad for what kind of computers you have.

2) Do you really need to be able to perfectly read "NEW YORK" on the front to know it's the Rangers?

1) It is difficult to read on my mobile device, where many people get their internet nowadays.

2) If it's not entirely readable, as you admit it isn't, is it good design?

Two thoughts here...

1) It is difficult to read on my mobile device, where many people get their internet nowadays.

2) If it's not entirely readable, as you admit it isn't, is it good design?

Honestly, if you can't read it on a computer, you won't be able to read it in a stadium.

Holy Bejeebus. Just looked again at the Team LA online store and they now have Kings authentics for sale. With name and number, and a Stadium Series patch, it'll set you back a grand total of $390.

From ex-NYI PR guy/current Sports Business Journal/New York Times writer Chris Botta:

That NY look on the Islanders' stadium jersey? Yeah, it's confirmed that you'll be seeing more of it in coming seasons.

Expectation is that the NY crest jersey, or something very close to it, will be the Islanders' 3rd jersey by 2015.

Better that than the crap third they're wearing now.

Better that than the crap third they're wearing now.

How can anything not be?

Remove the silly chrome effect, and it'd be a pretty good crest for a third sweater.

I still don't get the sleeve numbers. Aren't players usually crouching or leaning forward? So if they felt they had to tilt the number, shouldn't it be tilted so it's more straight when the player is bent forward? Seems they've done the opposite.

How much are they going to change though?

Not enough that the configuration for hockey will still be off center and there will still be curtained off seats. But even still the Barclays Center is a state of the art arena with all the amenities.. luxury boxes, restaurants, etc.. that the Islanders need and couldnt get in Nassau. It made no sense to build a brand new building in Nassau and they couldn't continue to play in the Colosseum. So despite the weird seating arrangement Barclays center is still an perfect move for them, not to mention they get the added value of playing in a real city instead of the suburbs and all the media and potential fan base that comes with it. Their only mistake was not making that decision 2 years earlier so barclays could have been designed with hockey as a priority with basketball .

FWIW, I heard rumblings a couple of weeks ago that there's an "alternate seating plan" for the renovated Coliseum that would seat 15,000 (instead of the expected 13,000) just in case Brooklyn doesn't work. Don't know how true that is, or if it is true when they'd have to decide what plan to use, but I thought it was interesting.
Yeah, I'm going to go with "not true" on that one. I know leases are made to be broken, but you don't sign ludicrously long ones if you're working on a Plan B.

It is Charles Wang this is regarding and seeing how he's run things for all these years I really wouldn't put this out of the realm of possibility no matter how ridiculous it sounds.

I still don't get the sleeve numbers. Aren't players usually crouching or leaning forward? So if they felt they had to tilt the number, shouldn't it be tilted so it's more straight when the player is bent forward? Seems they've done the opposite.

You bring up a good point to which I hadn't thought too hard about. Yes, they will angle more down the way they are lined up, but it's a minor thing. I think this is there way of trying to pull the wool over our eyes like all the new uniforms that are lighter and make players faster. It's 100% pure marketing BS. Unless somehow, Nike figures out that angling the numbers in that direction makes the jerseys lighter and faster, and thus improves players.

I can't believe how pricey the Stadium Series replica jerseys are. Yikes. $250 for one of those when you can pretty much buy two replica jerseys for about $275. Speaking of the Stadium Series jerseys, I wonder if these Stadium Series jerseys could possibly go the way of the Wildwing and be worth a ton of money one day since they are supposedly only making a limited number of them.

Not a fan of the isolated NY. It's awfully dull. I'm a sucker for the much-maligned primary, I like that it doesn't aspire to be anything more than what it is, which is the emblem of Long Island's hockey club. You need a team or two from the middle of the continuum; everyone can't be perfectly timeless or super-modern. You need that certain kind of preserved-in-amber sports-kitsch.

I am a fan of the Isles figuring out some way to weasel out of Brooklyn. It's just so awful for hockey, and no, it can't be fixed. It demeans the entire league for them to be there. A 13,000-seat Nassau Coliseum isn't too great, either, but at least the 13,000 seats will all be made for hockey games. They belong in the suburbs.

Didn't see this posted yet, but I was checking out some of the Isles' Stadium Series merch and noticed a discrepancy between the logo on the jerseys and the tees:

John-Tavares-Islanders-Stadium-Series-JeFF_1583757ALT1_xl.jpg

On the jerseys, the right arm of the Y is flattened out parallel to the top on the N and the left arm.

On the shirts, the right arm ends where it does on the crest:

new-york-islanders.gif

Kind've sloppy to not reproduce the crest faithfully across all the merchandise, considering that selling stuff is such an essential motivation behind having special jerseys. At least they also neglected to add the contrasting nameplate too.