Anubis2051

NHL Stadium Series Jerseys

How much are they going to change though?

Not enough that the configuration for hockey will still be off center and there will still be curtained off seats. But even still the Barclays Center is a state of the art arena with all the amenities.. luxury boxes, restaurants, etc.. that the Islanders need and couldnt get in Nassau. It made no sense to build a brand new building in Nassau and they couldn't continue to play in the Colosseum. So despite the weird seating arrangement Barclays center is still an perfect move for them, not to mention they get the added value of playing in a real city instead of the suburbs and all the media and potential fan base that comes with it. Their only mistake was not making that decision 2 years earlier so barclays could have been designed with hockey as a priority with basketball .

FWIW, I heard rumblings a couple of weeks ago that there's an "alternate seating plan" for the renovated Coliseum that would seat 15,000 (instead of the expected 13,000) just in case Brooklyn doesn't work. Don't know how true that is, or if it is true when they'd have to decide what plan to use, but I thought it was interesting.
Yeah, I'm going to go with "not true" on that one. I know leases are made to be broken, but you don't sign ludicrously long ones if you're working on a Plan B.

It is Charles Wang this is regarding and seeing how he's run things for all these years I really wouldn't put this out of the realm of possibility no matter how ridiculous it sounds.

It was one of the off-ice officials--the guys in the fancy NHL blazers--who said it. Again, not sure if there's any truth to it.

The answer is "meh, it's only a shirtsey"

Well, it does show everyone that a white nameplate is unnecessary

The answer is "meh, it's only a shirtsey"

It's quite sloppy.

Also, how exactly does stretching the numerals to make it more vertical equal a "modernization"? Did they ever mention that? It looks pretty bad.

Also, how exactly does stretching the numerals to make it more vertical equal a "modernization"? Did they ever mention that? It looks pretty bad.

Supposedly the numbers were elongated to make them easier to see from a distance.

It almost feels like an excuse to make as little space for hemstripes as possible.

Didn't see this posted yet, but I was checking out some of the Isles' Stadium Series merch and noticed a discrepancy between the logo on the jerseys and the tees:

John-Tavares-Islanders-Stadium-Series-JeFF_1583757ALT1_xl.jpg

On the jerseys, the right arm of the Y is flattened out parallel to the top on the N and the left arm.

On the shirts, the right arm ends where it does on the crest:

new-york-islanders.gif

Kind've sloppy to not reproduce the crest faithfully across all the merchandise, considering that selling stuff is such an essential motivation behind having special jerseys. At least they also neglected to add the contrasting nameplate too.

The shirt-seys look AWFUL in person.

I got stuck in the city due to the snow thursday night and wandered over to the NHL store. I thought about getting a Rangers shirt, but it just looks so cheap...like a knock off. It looked like a bad 70's iron on shirt. Really disappointing that I couldn't find one stadium series item worth buying.

I can handle the NY hockey stick only logo as an alternate for the Islanders, so long as they ditch the chrome when it becomes part of the their regular set. I'm a bit worried that this trend's going to escape the confines of the Stadium Series sweaters, at least for a few years.

I saw this on Facebook today. Looks like the Ducks made an update to their jerseys by adding some black to the sides. I think this is an upgrade! 1535642_10151987569653472_1183385731_n.j

I look into this and it looks like it has always been there. It was never show very well with the promo pictures.

1222-ss14-jerseys.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACH

Here is a mother picture from twitter.

BdUs-b1CIAE3GZR.jpg

Ducks look better. Not great, but better.

The chrome effect just looks faded to me.

Also, would it be lame to have a Winter Classic and Heritage Classic trophy, much like bowl game trophies?

It wouldn't have to be Stanley Cupish, but rather have a little engraved plate that has the date, location, attendance and score?

I saw this on Facebook today. Looks like the Ducks made an update to their jerseys by adding some black to the sides. I think this is an upgrade!

They've always had the black sides. It was just hard to see in the press pictures.

I don't mind the Kings really. That Ducks thing though....

Ducks-Stadium-Series-Jersey-2014-590x338

is that a shadow, or do they have black side panels?

They look like side panels

From over a month ago, SIDE PANELS

This is the first time I have noticed them. When they are visible they help the jersey out a lot. Since seeing the jersey photos today I went from not wanting to buy one to most likely buying one.

Yeah, the side panels help. And they fixed the captains "C" from the initial promos, which is good. (At first it was jsut the NOB font C, now its' the proper captain C.)

They put those pictures up because they finally got them into the store today. I don't have time to swing up there today, but I'm going to try and get there early before tomorrow's game and give them a hands-on look over to see if they're worth whatever pricetag is going to be on them (If it's the same as what Sodboy posted about the Blackhawks jerseys, it'll be tough sell). Lucky for them/unlucky for me, I just got paid, so if they pass inspection, I may buy one tomorrow. (If there's any left. They said there's only a limited number right now and the phones are ringing off the hook at the store.)

I have every Ducks jersey, so I want one for completeness, but I really don't know if I can justify a screen-printed jersey at that price.

Yeah, the side panels help. And they fixed the captains "C" from the initial promos, which is good. (At first it was jsut the NOB font C, now its' the proper captain C.)

They put those pictures up because they finally got them into the store today. I don't have time to swing up there today, but I'm going to try and get there early before tomorrow's game and give them a hands-on look over to see if they're worth whatever pricetag is going to be on them (If it's the same as what Sodboy posted about the Blackhawks jerseys, it'll be tough sell). Lucky for them/unlucky for me, I just got paid, so if they pass inspection, I may buy one tomorrow. (If there's any left. They said there's only a limited number right now and the phones are ringing off the hook at the store.)

I have every Ducks jersey, so I want one for completeness, but I really don't know if I can justify a screen-printed jersey at that price.

Do you even have the Wildwing?

I do. I have one from my youth. It was actually my first jersey. However, it is far from fitting me anymore :lol:

I do. I have one from my youth. It was actually my first jersey. However, it is far from fitting me anymore :lol:

Wow, that's awesome. I'm jealous. That jersey is totally worth putting in a frame and hanging it on your wall. I wish there were more of them around. Especially ones that you can actually wear.

There's also a nice little soda stain on the ice portion and the shoulder patches are peeling, but hey, it's my first jersey.

There's also a nice little soda stain on the ice portion and the shoulder patches are peeling, but hey, it's my first jersey.

lol. It is still probably worth a pretty penny even with a soda stain and peeling patches. I still have my first jersey. As for that Stadium Series Ducks jersey, I like that it is orange but I am still not a fan. The side panels help but it still looks like a practice jersey and that chrome logo looks washed-out.

Have fun reading those nameplates.

Also, would it be lame to have a Winter Classic and Heritage Classic trophy, much like bowl game trophies?

It wouldn't have to be Stanley Cupish, but rather have a little engraved plate that has the date, location, attendance and score?

I was actually thinking that too. I thing that'd be pretty cool, and it may or may not have to do with my desire to just have the Leafs win something. :P

Though at this point, after six Winter Classics, I think it would be too late to start something like that.